Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

Babies look great and I hope the sexing trick proves them witches wrong! And whatever you did to keep the SCheese green is finally starting to work. :thumb:

Interesting info on how the drinking rate changes over the life of the plant, and you will really get a feel for when it slows down at the end now.

China Cat is already in serious flop mode with those lower ones heading down...there's a lot of weight in those fatties!

:goodluck: for a mild autumn.

Your plants look fantastic, Beez! Sorry to hear the Sensi Cheese keeps leaning over. My husband had had success with putting in steel rods in the deck beside the plants and securing the plants to the poles. I don't know if that's something you can do or not.

A quick question:

In the back tray are six Amnesia X plants, and in the front left are two Red Dragon X, and the right are two Zkittlez X plants.

I assume the X means they're crossed but did you say what they're crossed with?

I don't know if you were going for humor here, but I can tell you at least one of your subs (me) was LOL when he read this description of events!
It does sound pretty comical once I went back and read it. :laugh:

Don't get pinned under Beez! Hehe they look gorgeous!
Thanks Stone. Yeah that was a concern for a brief moment. Got my adrenaline going.

Did you have an impulse to yell "timber!"?...
.. before you caught it, I mean...😄
Actually my impulse was to yell "oh shit!" :laughtwo:

Good catch with that pesky caterpillar. Can you bring out that net thingy you made last year? I thought that was a success for you, at keeping them out. :hmmmm:
Yes, indeed that net enclosure worked great for me, and this plant ended up being short enough to use with it. However, my lazy meter went into the red, and I decided it was easier to spray the plant once per week instead of setting the net up and moving the plant in and out every day.

Babies look great and I hope the sexing trick proves them witches wrong!
So far, on day 23, I've identified one male plant - Amnesia #1. That's great, because I have six of those and need to cull a few.

Interesting info on how the drinking rate changes over the life of the plant, and you will really get a feel for when it slows down at the end now.
Yes, the added benefit to growing with a SIP. I know exactly how much the plant is drinking at each stage of its growth. Lately it's been pretty consistent with 1.25 gallons per day... until yesterday, and again today, when it only drank 1.0 gal. I took a loupe to the buds and still see a lot of clear, but also some cloudy trichomes, so it's progressing well.
My husband had had success with putting in steel rods in the deck beside the plants and securing the plants to the poles. I don't know if that's something you can do or not.
Thanks for the suggestion HG. So far the plant seems to have stabilized with the stakes and ropes I've added.
I assume the X means they're crossed but did you say what they're crossed with?
Yes, I've added the X to their names because they were likely crossed with some male. However, the plants were pollenated with an unknown neighbor's males, so I just left them with the female name and an X. It's possible that Zkittles was a hermie, because we only found 5 seeds, but the Amnesia and the Red Dragon had more than 50 seeds from each.

Yes, indeed. Of my 10 plants, I've been able to identify 4 females, and 4 males. Only 2 remain undetermined so far. :thumb: Thanks for this tip, Stone (and Kefta).

I think today is chop day for China Cat. Once the sun comes up, I'll try to grab a few harvest pictures.

I chose to begin harvesting China Cat yesterday. It still had some clear trichomes, but there were enough cloudy ones for me to feel comfortable with the decision. I was starting to get some bud rot, so I didn't want to wait any longer.

I had the plant pretty heavily staked up

Here it is after removing all the stakes:

I made pretty good progress yesterday, but didn't quite finish after about 7 hours of trimming. Maybe about 3 more hours to finish up today.

How about a 2:00am harvest update from my hospital room?
I made pretty good progress yesterday, but didn't quite finish after about 7 hours of trimming. Maybe about 3 more hours to finish up today.
Well, Thursday morning started out with some kidney stone pain, but I figured I'd tough it out and finish my harvest. I guess I made it about 4 hours before the pain got the best of me, and I had my wife drive me to the ER.

I only have about 4 top colas left to trim, and figured I'd finish up once I got home. Well, two days later and I'm still not home, so my plant is just hanging out in the patio waiting. Pics when I get home. :green_heart:
Great work on the partial harvest BL with those enormous colas! 10 hours here, 10 hours there, in a few weeks you'll have the whole plant down. ;)
Truer than you might have thought. :laughtwo:

Sorry to hear about the stones, Beez, I hope they get you squared away..🩺
And congrats on the "real close to done" harvest- hopefully, you can get back to it soon!✂️

Well, Thursday morning started out with some kidney stone pain, but I figured I'd tough it out and finish my harvest. I guess I made it about 4 hours before the pain got the best of me, and I had my wife drive me to the ER.

I only have about 4 top colas left to trim, and figured I'd finish up once I got home. Well, two days later and I'm still not home, so my plant is just hanging out in the patio waiting. Pics when I get home. :green_heart:

Sorry to hear about the kidney stones, Beez. I'll look forward to the remaining China Cat harvest when you're feeling better.

Feel better Beez! OW!

Back
Top Bottom