Carl Outdoors 2020

I can definitely appreciate the difficulty with outdoor growing especially when the weather is erratic.

I mean ok moving 1 or 2 plants in and out depending on the weather is OK but you have 10.. lol!

Glad that the re-potting has worked out. Let's see what this lot can give ya!

I can definitely appreciate the difficulty with outdoor growing especially when the weather is erratic.

I mean ok moving 1 or 2 plants in and out depending on the weather is OK but you have 10.. lol!

Glad that the re-potting has worked out. Let's see what this lot can give ya!
Yea it's tuff and creates problem especially so many but 10 plants is a good problem. I didn't expect so many to germ so yea little overwhelming in a good way. 1 of the autos I started training I got craft sticks but lost em. No biggie a stick works the same. I'm definitely topping it this week before flower cause it's Ms Stretch and the best if the bunch. Autos some say don't top some say fine. Since I wanna slow vertical growth in trying it for sure. Going give an 1st feeding in New pots tomorrow. They are fairly dry but want to get them to feed me please level. Make an miss what they had too much of b4 I give em a good feeding. Sucks the 1 I lost was stunted but damn healthy just got too confident again transplanting. 19 went perfect then last 1 was got this and nope I don't. Just hope the rest of the fans go strong so I can practice cloning. Wanna share em with friends so they can give a small grow a go.

Ok warning next message is going be long. I typed for 15 mins granted on my phone with 1 hand but it was too all over. Going try a paragraph style to break it up kinda like a 5 by 5. Also without being long winded like I am now :D. So take a breath and if you don't read it all I understand. If you do I thank you for caring.

Sorry @syenite I ended up laying down for a few after 1st post update. Not just cause of smoking but issues are my life it seems. I'm very sorry to leave you hanging like that.
Anyway things took a turn for the bad very bad. Death around me and I did everything I could think of. I'm not a pro but I'm not a newb and this was a wtf beyond any issues with my 1st grow. Issues then we're compounded by other issues. I've decided not all my fault and learned "Fools do rush in". So I will salvage what I can from what I got going now. Then get more seeds so I can at least say I only burned $88 on seeds. That I salvaged some $ from the soil, nutes, planters, and everything else I dropped coin on.
Well ok I'm already destroying the 5×5 essay format but screw it. Bad to very very bad. I seemed solve ph issue using a small amount of vinegar and lemon juice with a quarter dose of nutes and plants got better. Then a few days n and step back. Was wtf then got actual ph up and down in. I added ph down and again turnaround for a few days then step back. Again I'm like why I'm adjusting ph getting right at 6.5 they get better ph stays good after that for a few days but they suffer despite good ph. Then 1 day I see webs on planters and plants. I've had a pest or 2 but not to this degree. A random leaf eater. Then I see flies landing in soil. I'm like wtf are these tiny flies? I research and these are some kinda fly that likes damp soil which still an issue. They don't eat the leaves but roots trying to get to food they want. So aphids with these flies plus random other pests are killing my plants. Other pests include these tiny green caterpillars, centapides, pincher bugs( they eat aphids but will go for green plants if they are hungry and like the plant. Which they love mj where they munched and munched). I got neem oil and an insecticide soap again they got better.
Then the things I couldn't help fully kicked in. Right when I realized the issue or issues as it was. I'm not a newb but again day not a pro I admit that. But I've grown in and outside with dirt seeds getting some good bud. Never had I had an issue with ph, nutes, or bugs. I was growing on same land I had b4 only dif good seeds. I started to realize I'm in dif part of yard. The tree above was losing leaves not bad at 1st. Then more leaves now yellow and brown with holes. Like duh. That's a pest issue and causing issue. Also they were not getting sun like I thought and thus not drying. I saw ph issue corrected it and by adding acid base must of killed off some. Making the plants better for a short time. Not knowing bug issue and the acid was killing some of em off. Then I realized crap bugs and then add the fact I most likely over feed em trying to adjust ph. Then again back to things were taking outta my control.
I woke up hurting after taking a slight spill outta my tent. I say tent as I live in a freaking tent. I'm older and moved back with parents when my gf and I broke up. I was about to move out and was hit with neck issues costing me time from work. So I stayed and covid hit causing them to freak. Both are older my day being 83. He had fractured his hip twice since November and I try to care for him. My mom immune issues but yea vivid hit and was Carl can't be In house. Not making enough to afford rent it was a tent. After sometime sleeping with a few mattress pads caught up. Then I fell getting out of it. Next am pain and it's when I saw the omg with the bugs. I could do little and since I've gone to doc and best I got is a pain management appointment in August. Which is ok wait a month to help manage pain ok that's cool. So going to break down and go to er and say do something. Its horrible in am until about 11am after I've moved some. Still it's constantly there and annoyingly bothersome. Just am the worst coughing causes a sharp shooting pain from neck through all of shoulder including blade. Just tuff I don't wanna go to er sucks now just going to doc. Makes my anxiety go to hell levels. No matter what in end gotta sleep In tent making it worse. My mom freaked cause I used a knife to cut something touching it. So sleeping inside is a no. Moving out is no cauae well I've spent $ on camping shit and actually more money to live outside. Plus yea I dropped over $200 to grow which made and makes sense at $50 an 8th. Also a ps4 but that was for morale. Anyway I tried with serious cut my arm off pain I used neem oil and soap to try and fix issue. By the time I realized I went 5 days not being able to do anything to help. I just watched an die.
So salvage what I can now cause hey something better then nothing. I'm down to 8 plants 2 looking like nope. Most are bad and no won't post pics and not cause embarrassed. Just why just imagine plants that stopped growing and started dieing. Sucks cause 1 of worst 1s was going into flower. So give me an 8th maybe dried. Been hurting less so finally moved em fully yesterday. Gotta hide em cause my mom is ok with it but my dad no. I still pay some for electric and water despite limited. Plus perfectly legal so why he is omg bout it idk. If I combine all into a couple ozs of low quality ok. 1 thing that 50 an 8th I pay is quality tested to be 20% thc. So I will just smoke joints instead of bowls. Obviously$88 for seeds will keep going with each plant till end.
In mean time researched lights and a lot has changed. When I last grew LED was so new and expensive. Why I went cfl cause cost is down, low heat, and actually worked. Yield was less but hell worked. So I was like I got 2 tents and cook tent I barely use. Trust me cooking outside or in tent grows old and you order pickup from a restaurant. Thus burning thru way more cash. SI a tent I can put lights in that I have an improper cabinet light in. Improper for growing but add some proper with it will work. Got my eyes set on a 2 2 arm clip light led lights. Sure you saw am they are on flexible arms about 12" then long led lights at end. 40 watts each bulb so 2 would b 160 watts. Then add a 400 watt led fixture for top. Combined and yea I'm going cheap be another $60 to $70. Then minum$50 for 5 seeds making me $380 deep in this. I got everything else I need just lights. Will sterilize soil in oven when I'm allowed in Sunday. I would try to sneak it but gotta time it so can air out house.
If I do this and I get an oz per plant from 6 plants last me a year compared to $90 every month at dispensary. The math adds up do it just have to pick fast flower strain. I would have leeway as far as harvest time in tent. How much not certain give me maybe until end of August to veg. Till maybe late October early November for flower. Depends it's a small camping tent a small heater could set keep temps to 50 to 60 unless 20 out. So if it works could ride till mid late November even December. Weather been odd in my area with random ups and downs causing whole weeks in winter hitting 50s. That be luck though which obviously not my game.
So I got plan in tent where I got control of watering. Questions which kinda lights on a budget. What seeds do I get autos or fems? Be short veg no matter but still thinking fem. Autos are crazy @syenite they are. But I can have a nice peat free him in a week hopefully. Depending in what happens at er. Which my anxiety and wtf will push until Friday. Justifying Friday last day I work and can go when in real pain. Like I said am is the worst. Like kill me pain at times. Now I'm ok kinda just some issues with movement. Idk I just feel I should go in when I'm wtf 1st thing so they see it cause I know xrays don't show it all. I've had 4 xrays on same shoulder nothing till MRI on my neck. Just whoever reads understand my anxiety over going to hospital. I was alwa6a anxious bout it now it's trippled.
Also not looking for sympathy not looking for hopes of feeling better. Just saying things can go bad no matter experience. Never be confident like I was. Always plan for the worst and when the worst gets worse plan next move. It can be trying bad desperate times but try to find what makes u happy to get thru. I did with growing. Then things went horribly wrong in several ways. Then I couldn't fix for several reasons. Still going try on cause again still makes sense.

Hey my friend, thanks for the update! And no need at all to apologise.

I'm sorry to hear that so many things have been tough for you. Covid, living with your parents but also not really, living outside in a tent (thank god it's summer?), having all those issues with your plants, and getting hurt and having to deal with the pain and possible treatment, hospital etc.!

Damn dude, that's a lot of stuff to deal with! Hang in there.

I think ultimately indoor will be a good call for you, especially with all these pest issues. From what I've read/learnt, neem oil and diatomaceous earth in combo is very strong for pest management. DE also has the added benefit of providing silica for your plants. Neem oil will affect the pests' breeding and feeding, while DE literally shreds bugs to pieces.

But anyway, with indoor obviously you will be able to control a lot more. Lights are always a bit difficult to decide on, but some quantum board style lights are a good option, and I think you can find them for relatively cheap.

Hmmmm autos or photos. I would say start with photos until your setup is dialled in. Once you know you have everything more or less right, go for the autos. Too risky to grow autos when the environment is uncertain, whereas, as you know, photos will be a lot more forgiving.

Take care of yourself man. I can relate to the anxiety you are describing. Sometimes you gotta go to the hospital, and it sucks, but it will be worth it in the end.

Peace my friend. Look forward to another update!

Hey my friend, thanks for the update! And no need at all to apologise.

I'm sorry to hear that so many things have been tough for you. Covid, living with your parents but also not really, living outside in a tent (thank god it's summer?), having all those issues with your plants, and getting hurt and having to deal with the pain and possible treatment, hospital etc.!

Damn dude, that's a lot of stuff to deal with! Hang in there.

I think ultimately indoor will be a good call for you, especially with all these pest issues. From what I've read/learnt, neem oil and diatomaceous earth in combo is very strong for pest management. DE also has the added benefit of providing silica for your plants. Neem oil will affect the pests' breeding and feeding, while DE literally shreds bugs to pieces.

But anyway, with indoor obviously you will be able to control a lot more. Lights are always a bit difficult to decide on, but some quantum board style lights are a good option, and I think you can find them for relatively cheap.

Hmmmm autos or photos. I would say start with photos until your setup is dialled in. Once you know you have everything more or less right, go for the autos. Too risky to grow autos when the environment is uncertain, whereas, as you know, photos will be a lot more forgiving.

Take care of yourself man. I can relate to the anxiety you are describing. Sometimes you gotta go to the hospital, and it sucks, but it will be worth it in the end.

Peace my friend. Look forward to another update!
Thanks eventually I will be brave enough to post pics for now just letting the 7 left go. It's crazy I still solve 1 problem they go good for a day or 2 then issues again. Have been using neem oil which has helped but may now get de also as you suggested. The autos should be in flower but aren't probably cause of shock. It's just crazy the 1 closest to flower did major turn around starting give lower dose of nutes. I come home today and find a snail on it that munched it up. That's just wtf bro. Again I've done outdoors in same area and my garlic tobacco spray was always enough to solve the very small pest issues. Now it's every buggy wants in. Why for new grow got new soil so I don't transfer. Since I will still be doing both must do rotation on tending to them. Going completely clean out tent tomorrow and use bug fogger just in case. Will order lights and seeds before or just after my appointment with a ortopidic surgeon tomorrow. I broke down and went to er Sunday. Was typical for shoulder nothing on xrays must be connected to neck issues. But since I gotta wait till 29th to see nerosurgen doc at er pushed for orthopedic to probably hopefully help me get by till then. I got obvious shoulder issues cause my scapula is bone on bone and pushes into armpit. Still neck is the big issue for obvious reasons. Morning is the worst but with steriods, muscle relaxers, and anti-inflammatory drugs gets better. Only to be wtf every morning and if I move to quick.
Like I said not giving up on grow weed helps the most it's just $60 a 8th I can't smoke much. I see people dropping $300 at dispensary and no I can't.
Owe yea lights I found some led lights affordable about 600 watts. Got a light fixture not meant for lights to supplement. Then will add either a few cfl lights or these cool leds 60 watts each that are on bendable arms for lower branches. It's not a real grow tent just a 3 person Ozark tent. I figure the light it lets in will help and add I can open up vents for air flow and extra light during day. Will go fem seeds most likely a skunk strain cause resilient and who doesn't love skunk. Figure they go late a heater will keep em warm with lights. Just so sad about current 1s $90 not counting $30 for mystery 1s. Which for hell of it just sprouted other 3. Why not at this point. Again staying positive even a little on the poor 1s going is better than nothing. So just keep em going get what I can. Again running long and I will check in on your grow shortly @syenite. Sure u got it going good.

Ok will do medical care 1st. Went to orthopedic surgeon what I thought it's the nerve in my neck causing it he can't do a damn thing. So gotta try to last 3 weeks about till I see nerosurgen on the 29th. So 3 weeks of pain that goes from shoot me to not bad but annoying with random muscle spasms. Ty healthcare system such a great one in good old USA.
Plants are turning around actually except now slug snail issue. I'm in no condition to carry a 50lb bag of sand home which was my tried n true method. They hate sand. So after a little looking going coffee grounds and egg shells in each planter. Not only does it keep em away but will help plants grow. 2 of the 3 autos left show signs of flowering. Too bad those 2 are the 1s the snail's and slugs seem to love the most. Robbing the best 1 kinda :D of all bottom branches. Here's hoping for a killer top cola fingers crossed. Other then slugs new spot more sun more foliage. Just all are tall and lanky cause of issues. I left big planters with some soil in an and have sprayed them almost daily to kill off pests. Eventually will transplant non autos to them putting an fairly deep to help support. Then I will finally start to train em. Autos will stay in 2 gallon pots as they will soon flower just gotta support all really good and do minor training to allow light to best bud spots left. My hopes I get maybe oz from 3 autos left. Then the now 5 mystery I got get 2 females cause expecting bad luck. Maybe if lucky another oz. Then 3 gems maybe 2 ozs. I'm trying to think positive cause if I pay 50 an oz that's if I had medical card no taxes. An oz b $400 give discount for weight that's maybe $300 to 350. I paid $300 for everything so even a few ozs of less then killer worth it and smoking a half a month means 6 months at a huge savings.
Then add kinda indoor grow with 4 plants. I spend $60 total on lights mix of led and cfl. Add $10 for new soil and $15 for ph test strips cause going old school. With more control I can maybe get 2 odd a plant enough for year. That be$1800 at dispensary and enough bud for a year. I contacted place I got seeds from and explained issues I have. They suggested 5 strains and 1 is in my price range. I believe it was a 5 pack if fast flower indica dominant by delicious seeds. Very resistant to pests and mold tested at 20% thc. Mold resistant is huge in outdoor tent so probably go with em. Ordering tonight or tomorrow 1st thing and hope to have set up dine by the 16th to 20th. Fast flower is huge little less yield but only needs 60 days to flower. I figure I can keep a tent at 50 plus degrees until mid November with heater and lights. Giving me till mid September to veg. So 2 months which I did a late grow beginning of August b4 and did ok. That was b4 so fingers crossed I'm good.
I will take pics of my poor babies Sunday hopefully. Going rain most off weekend but @syenite ur right gotta post pics even if ashamed let people learn from mistakes made.

Hey Carl! Good to hear from you again and thanks for the updates!

My thoughts are with you, your pain and dealing with the health system over there. All the very best, and hang in there!

:Namaste:

I am also loving hearing about your plans and the budgeting that needs to happen.

Yeap I've heard plenty of good things about eggs shells and coffee grounds as pest prevention. They will eventually break down into useful nutrients but it will take a few months probably! But for now they should definitely keep snails and slugs away.

Fingers crossed for your remaining plants!! Would love to see some pics, but also, only when you want to! No pressure at all.

One of my plants is definitely dying from a complication of things, partly my doing. I will share a pic here and in my thread soon!

Wow some likes lol. Well grow turned around in New spot. Some grasshopper issues but got DE now to add to soil and dust plants. I moved em to old spot for 2 days cause of work on house and bottoms not good. Lost a lot again some 3 nodes. Socks cause was going great except tips of growth going white or light yellow but then they were fine. I don't know the issue in that area of the yard. Bugs too lightly light Idk. But I gotta find a spot Monday cause more house work and don't 1 going Mia. Don't want to kill em more either. So thinking after a week of 90 degrees outside with humidity 1 day hit 105. That maybe little cooler finally outside tent time. Finish up lights cause physically those temps top much for stringing lights in tent. Say screw outside new England weather is to wtf. Bugs a big issue I say a dead centapide on 1 of the plants I moved. Maybe that it was just wrapped around very bottom of stem. Obviously they don't mind coffee grounds as I mainly spray leaves with neem. Maybe they rap around bottom and suck nutes. Still I will press on the best kiss Dragon other then more bottom loss still has 8 or 9 nodes with side branching going on. The flower in 70 days or so so if I move inside can veg another 5 to 6 weeks. A heater I know will keep it around 50 to 60. Will do 1 only of the fruity chronic cause little veg time. I just want practice with strain to see. But yea will take some pics tomorrow. Show the destruction and growth

Ok so I thought I left a message a long 1 also lol. @syenite I added de as you can see maybe powered those in veg too much but hey nothing a misting won't fix. I also moves em side to the tent not proper lighting was for 1 day until I hook rest up. Was a lazy ass this weekend then had video chat visit pain management with a doc. Yep a video visit with a doc for pain um what will that do. On end something cauae got a script of gabba something. Which little scary don't like pills like that. It's not a narcotic or controlled just still kinda new and side effects are way beyond munchies. Them a spinal injection of some sort at some point. At a 10lb weight limit at work which some how is kinda managed. I do test it especially moving plants inside. Just transplanted all but little 1 and 1s in flower. Which yes pics bad but that's the best nug so far. With a few weeks to go maybe an 8th right there and smells good. Wish I had a better camera so I could see crystals. But yea also 1s still in veg as yo can see issues with older growth yellowing. Maybe little more nutes like 1/3rd a does idk

Attachments

• 20200804_154058.jpg
    20200804_154058.jpg
    701.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200804_154050.jpg
    20200804_154050.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200804_154042.jpg
    20200804_154042.jpg
    922.9 KB · Views: 25
Hey Carl!

Glad you got prescribed something, although it sounds a bit scary! Hope it is safe and works out for you.

Perhaps at least some damage control for the short-term!

Thanks for the pics. I think it's a good idea to bump up the feed a bit like you mention. Those faded lower leaves do look like the result of N def.

Hey Carl! Hope everything is ok for you my friend.
Sorry @syenite for being silent. Can't really say I have been super busy just away. I have been looking for a new job but become blah when it comes to applying. I'm certain you know what it's like to get in a rut mood and just kinda fade away for a bit. But there is a good job not great pay but good enough I need to apply to. Has been listed for 6 days and don't want to miss out. It's just getting up motivation to do cover letter. It's a job for a textile company listing items online. I've done similar but don't have some experience with some things. I can learn I'm just blah because I've applied to a lot with no response. Just gotta rock the boat and get going again.

Anyway my plant are doing good for mist part. A random grasshopper got in tent munched a little but didn't hurt much. I think a small or slug got in tent somehow. A lot of leaves and stem had the coating of 1 but only a little eaten. Couldn't find it so I guess it the DE got to it and crawled on plant melting. Had some get burnt from lights but nothing major as I'm trimming spots anyway. Getting big for tent so topping all and maybe some side branches. Going clone all using simple water with little nutes method. They won't have long but will get a mini top nug each. Plus why throw out cuttings when you can clone. Also have an horizontal now pics to follow. The 1 that had leaves that are yellow kinda in color is cause if an led light in that end. Going move bulb to middle fixture. Also just added the little LED clamp light for the baby I started late. In 2 weeks she will be in same space ad me for me to watch over. Going get a box to cover her so tv being doesn't bother her.

Back
Top Bottom