Hawk's Outdoor Granddaddy Purple & THC Bomb Grow Journal - 2023

9/7/23 - Looks like there are more problem leaves and that they’re moving higher up the plant. Not sure if I should start to panic.

Any advice?

GDP_THC Bomb__09_07_2023_01.jpg
GDP_THC Bomb__09_07_2023_02.jpg

As you noticed, removing leaves with issues will just have the issue spread to other leaves.
The leaves act like storage silos for nutrients. When the plants is missing something it will start to take the nutrients from leaves and if you remove those leaves then the ask will be directed to others. So they're just hungry I'd say.

Think you mentioned you haven't been feeding them much apart from the added calmag?
I'm a bit biased towards MC because that's what I use but you could be giving 1.5g/L or whatever is recommended for this stage each time you water.

Looks like whatever you're doing with the tea is keeping the thrip numbers down. The SNS stuff you mentioned would be an option too. I dont think they ship to Canada so never got to try it.

Interesting, I’m going through a very similar phenomenon in the leaves with the veinal yellowing (so interesting seeing it suck the life out of these fan leaves before they fall off) leading to what I believe visually aligns with nitrogen deficiency but I’m feeding with a mix that’s 2-8-8 leaving me hoping that’s sufficient for N and instead just a natural part of plant senescence. But this is also my first grow with random seeds I was given so lots of unknowns. Also a fairly large 4ish foot bushy plant with just shy of 20 colas in a five gallon plastic pot that at this point is my ride-or-die plant container

9/12/23 - Fed them Sweet Candy (0-17-28) to help with the problem leaves. Hopefully, this should fix up the leaves quickly! Exceedingly pungent today. Could smell it IN the house! Will have to set them up farther from neighbor’s house next spring. Sunny all day. Monsoon at night. When I checked on them, once again a very strong lean. Moved them close to the wall to protect them from the storm.

GDP_THC Bomb__09_12_2023_01.jpg

9/15/23 - The THC Bomb still has a pretty serious lean to it. But propped up against the fence. Had thought that a tomato cage would work. Then I noticed how small the circles were. Thought you could unhook the circles to make them bigger, but…Not the case. Need to figure something out asap!

9/20/23 - Mixed a gallon of the SNS-203 and used the new sprayer to really spray down all my plants and soil. For a wonderful review of SNS-203, check out this article by @Emilya Green

9/18/23 - Tied off the THC Bomb to the fence with yarn. This should hold the plant up and stop the leaning. Hopefully, I’ll get a chance to spray them with SNS-203 tomorrow! Real life keeps interfering. Not finishing work til already dark.
Go cut ya a couple of stout limbs, and strip the branches off. Sharpen the fat ends and stick them down into the container. Then just tie the plant to the pole a little more than half way up. That'll steady'em up. You should be able to move'em around then.

Need to steady them up dude. You don't want Granddad over there to break. You've came to far to lose one over gangster lean. All it takes is just the right gust of wind.

Thanks! Never thought there was a possibility that they could actually break! Will hopefully get them stabilized today! Just need work schedule to cooperate!

Back
Top Bottom