Hawk's Outdoor Peanut Butter Cookies 3rd Grow Journal August 2023

Hawk518

Hawk’s Outdoor Peanut Butter Cookies – 3rd Grow Journal – August 2023

Strain: Peanut Butter Cookies - Feminized
Indica Dominant
Current Stage
: Started the germination process (soaking in water) on 8/4/23.
Indoor / Outdoor: Will grow them Outdoors in fabric grow pots using FFOF.

Peanut Butter Cookies is a unique indica-dominant strain resulting from a cross between Face Off OG and Girl Scout Cookies, two renowned American varieties. This exceptional strain inherits the best traits from both parents, including its high THC content ranging from 25% to 30%.

With a captivating aroma and flavor, Peanut Butter Cookies offers a delightful combination of sweetness, earthiness, and a prominent gassy presence. Its terpene profile is extensive.

Peanut Butter Cookies is renowned for its abundant resin production, resulting in a remarkable final product.

With a flowering period of 65 days, this strain exhibits numerous positive growing characteristics, showcasing its quality.

When cultivated indoors with a powerful 600W light or more, it thrives with a flowering time of 9 to 10 weeks and yields exceeding 450 grams per square meter. In outdoor environments, particularly in temperate and Mediterranean climates, it reaches its highest productivity, providing up to 800 grams per plant.

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES SPECIFICATIONS​

THC Content: 25 - 30%

Flowering time: 60 – 65 days

Genetics: GSC - OGKB X Face Off OG

Sex: Female

Flowering type: Photoperiod

Taste/Aroma: Sweet, Earthy, Gas (Kush), Very intense

Variety: Indica

Yield: Indoor: 400-450gr/m2 Outdoor: 500 - 800gr/plant

Effect: Euphoric and relaxing

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_04_2023_01.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_04_2023_02.jpg

8/4/23 - Decided to give it a shot for two of the new Peanut Butter Cookie seeds. Dropped them in a shot glass of distilled water and put them in a cupboard. Will hopefully germinate soon and without issues!

Even though late in season, this should be good practice. Hoping to avoid all the mistakes I made on my first two grows this year.

8/6/23 - Decided to try a different germination method this time around. Instead of leaving the seeds in water to grow a longer tap root, I’m going with the paper towel method instead. Placed both seeds on a damp paper towel, covered them w. another damp paper towel and placed them in a cupboard. Will check every 12 hours or so on the tap roots.

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_06_2023_01.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_06_2023_02.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_06_2023_03.jpg

8/8/23 - Made sure the towels are still damp. Tap roots are much longer. Looks like the paper towel method wins out for me. Much better results than just leaving them in water til planting. And don’t have to worry about the possibility of the seeds drowning. Going forwards, I’ll germinate all seeds this way. Plan on planting both seeds into soil later today.

Added perlite to some Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. Placed the soil in very little pots. Added both seeds w. tap roots down into the soil and barely covered them w. dirt. Covered pots with saran wrap. Placed on a heating mat under my weak LED lights.

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_08_2023_01.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_08_2023_02.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_08_2023_03.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_08_2023_04.jpg

8/18/23 - Misted the soil of both seedlings. They’re still in the humidity dome w. the weak LED lights.

Any suggestions on what to do to prevent them getting leggy?

Also, both seedlings look pretty wet from being in the humidity dome. Is this a potential problem?

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_18_2023_01.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_18_2023_02.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_18_2023_03.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_18_2023_04.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_18_2023_05.jpg

8/25/23 - Took the humidity dome off. Misted the soil of both seedlings. Both still looking good and not leggy. I’ve got them under a fairly week LED light. I’ve been leaving it on 24/0. Should I be changing their light cycle? Kinda feel like “if it’s not broke…”, but what do I know?

At what point can I transplant into 1 gallon fabric grow pots?
At what point can I bring them outside?

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_25_2023_01.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_25_2023_02.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_25_2023_03.jpg

You could top'em right there. Probably too hot for them outside this week, but they'll grow really fast late in the season.
Thanks @PlainOldGuy !! You can start topping when they're this little?? If so, I totally missed the boat on my first grow attempt. Just clip the very top of the plants? I'll look for articles on topping.

Thanks @PlainOldGuy !! You can start topping when they're this little?? If so, I totally missed the boat on my first grow attempt. Just clip the very top of the plants? I'll look for articles on topping.
Yeah, just remove the very top growth. I use a pair of small, sharp, scissors. It would be a good call to disinfect them first. I just spray some alcohol on and wipe off. You can even dab some aloe vera on the plant where you made the cut. In my opinion the best time to grow is late in the season. You've got damn good seeds. Your gonna get some killer weed out of this.

8/25/23 - Took the humidity dome off. Misted the soil of both seedlings. Both still looking good and not leggy. I’ve got them under a fairly weak LED light. I’ve been leaving it on 24/0. Should I be changing their light cycle? Kinda feel like “if it’s not broke…”, but what do I know?

At what point can I transplant into 1 gallon fabric grow pots?
At what point can I bring them outside?

Peanut Butter Cookies_08_25_2023_01.jpg
Peanut Butter Cookies_08_25_2023_02.jpg
Peanut Butter Cookies_08_25_2023_03.jpg

Where are you located? The season is coming to an end here so
hopefully you're somewhere south where it's warm and sunny for few months still.

Since your plant is a photoperiod, it will need to reach maturity before it starts budding,
regardless of the light cycle, which isn't great if you're running out of time.

I'd wait to transplant until your plant outgrows it's container and maybe let them get a little tougher before going outside. Acclimate them slowly by placing them somewhere shady and slowly introduce them to the full power of the sun.

Back
Top Bottom