Welcome To The Table Mountain Sativa Spectacular

Seafood is best! I bet she is from a tough lineage. Thats all part of how they came to be. It will be very cool to watch her grow up knowing of her rough start.

We are spoiled in British Columbia. Kelp is abundant. You can harvest it any time you want. People add it freely to their gardens and compost heaps. Its magical stuff loaded with destressors and vitamins.

Seafood is best! I bet she is from a tough lineage. Thats all part of how they came to be. It will be very cool to watch her grow up knowing of her rough start.

We are spoiled in British Columbia. Kelp is abundant. You can harvest it any time you want. People add it freely to their gardens and compost heaps. Its magical stuff loaded with destressors and vitamins.
Edit: Any citizen in B.C. is free to harvest up to 100 pounds per day as long as its not used for commercial purposes.

Wow! And the rain continues. There is severe flooding, some mud slides, most main arterial routes are closed. Hectic! With more to come. Your poor planties look drenched and exhausted. I know they'll bounce back though!

Edit: Any citizen in B.C. is free to harvest up to 100 pounds per day as long as its not used for commercial purposes.
I love how advanced nations regulate the use of natural resources to protect the environment from harm. What a great idea.

I love how advanced nations regulate the use of natural resources to protect the environment from harm. What a great idea.
Because it is so saturated with water, 100 pounds isn't as much as it sounds.

Seminars on sustainably harvesting it are available in most coastal communities in areas where harvesting is more abundant, and are slanted towards harvesting live seaweed for consumption.

Most people simply pick it up from the beaches at the tide lines to use as a garden additive.

Use of rakes is prohibited, it must be done by hand.

It's a lot more fun than raking leaves lol.

Here are the babies repotted and moved outside. One got decapitated by a snail or slug last night. Grrr. I have now spread a decent layer of salt around the pots and sprayed it damp with water to prevent it blowing away. Hopefully it helps.
Great to see you underway @Lerugged! I will be starting very soon too. Your snail/slug intrusion reminds me to sprinkle some slug/snail pellets on the ground around my pots which kills the buggers without my seedlings getting decapitated.
Because it is so saturated with water, 100 pounds isn't as much as it sounds.

Seminars on sustainably harvesting it are available in most coastal communities in areas where harvesting is more abundant, and are slanted towards harvesting live seaweed for consumption.

Most people simply pick it up from the beaches at the tide lines to use as a garden additive.

Use of rakes is prohibited, it must be done by hand.

It's a lot more fun than raking leaves lol.
We have a beach at the end of the road and my elderly next door neighbour told me when he was a boy there was an old man who had half an acre down the road and he would collect the kelp from the beach for his garden, he particularly liked beetroot apparently, and whether it was the beetroot or the kelp or both, he lived to 105, so there must be something to it!

Thanks Stunger.
I'm always weary of introducing poisons to the environment. My neighbour planted a granadilla that quickly took over and created snail heaven. Luckily in exactly one week we will be in a new house so hopefully we leave all the snails here. The salt worked mostly.

Move is done. Not unpacked fully yet but a bit everyday. Here are My breeders getting some sun. It's school tomorrow so I'll have some time to set up the tent again but for now they stay here with a light on at night to keep them in veg.
Have a great Sunday cool people
20231008_114348.jpg
20231008_114311.jpg

Back
Top Bottom