Got Sativa? I Do! Table Mountains; Wild Lady, LC-18, Iklwa & RVDV

I personally would love to have some of your seeds in my collection prolly like every Sativa lover out there.And I would never tell anyone what to do I just was really impressed with what you have growing and hope you keep it going so another Landrace isn’t lost 😞. Happy Growing my friend and hope your weekend rocks. CL🍀 :Namaste:

Coolio bro! I’m a schmuck for not getting around to some journals! Soon…..

Rock on!

KFK

Awesome @Neiko thanks! Oddly enough, I recently asked him about the Durban as that is one that I was really interested in AND I am kind of suspecting my LC 18 is male but only based on how lanky she is and big gaps between nodes….? I know these are f seeds but who knows. I’ve not grown many Sativas so can probably use some help especially from you. No pics but they are very pale and I can’t remember if Sativas feed light or heavy?

Hiyas Ween! :ciao:

Sorry I'm late - didn't know you had a journal (and I'm just lurking for now).

Oof, you're rockin' some real sativa genes there, huh? That one - must be the LC? - ouch - kinda reminds me of conradino's Nanda Devi if you ever saw those pics.

I'm back in production myself, so I'll get a new journal going as soon as I have something to show off. My old soil has taken awhile to repopulate, so the plants were grumpy. They're getting sorted out now though.

Good to see some of the old gang! :high-five:

Hiyas Ween! :ciao:

Sorry I'm late - didn't know you had a journal (and I'm just lurking for now).

Oof, you're rockin' some real sativa genes there, huh? That one - must be the LC? - ouch - kinda reminds me of conradino's Nanda Devi if you ever saw those pics.

I'm back in production myself, so I'll get a new journal going as soon as I have something to show off. My old soil has taken awhile to repopulate, so the plants were grumpy. They're getting sorted out now though.

Good to see some of the old gang! :high-five:

My good man, so psyched to have you along for the ride and can’t wait to join your journal! You may want to change that last word. ;)

I don’t remember that one from Conrad. Do you mean the really lanky one? I’m trying so me odd training with her and suspect it’s a BAD idea because she is very fragile but it’s too late so we will see, I love how resilient our beloved plants are! I kicked a tie down on another and split the main bad, hopefully the repair holds. (Need to mention the bumps in the road too….)

Update pics soon but here is the training attempt

From the breeder

The lines were collected by my Grandfather who was a General in the South African Defense Force. He collected wherever in Africa he went for whatever reason.

Over the years he open-pollinated each batch of what he had collected from a specific area. The next year he did another batch, keeping each strain separate to avoid any contamination of genetics.

He did this until just before he passed away.

One day as a teen I was looking for a place to hide my cigarettes from my parents and while pushing the box into the pocket of his old WW2 rain jacket that he had left to me I found a fat pack of envelopes kept together with a rubber band. There was a letter addressed to me explaining the contents of the envelopes and how I should proceed to keep each strain separate.

About a week later I planted the first 20 seeds and got them to flower (thanks to our Malawian gardener). I then bashed the males over the females and collected the resulting seeds.

Then began the next batch.

Over the last 25 years or so I have been keeping the genetics pure. I try not to work the strains too much as I want to preserve the genetic expressions that occasionally pop up. When I do find an absolute winner of a specimen, I'll try to stabilize the favorable traits through backcrossing or selection over a few generations.

I do not use any line that has Hermie traits and have managed to keep that gene as much as possible out of any future lines. As they are landraces, they are like F1000s (lol , pick a number).

I really stress plants out by leaving them in 100km/h winds, not watering until completely limp, chopping, strapping, and cracking as much as possible along with light timing changes. They are strong as fuck. Very resistant to mold too.

The LC- 18 is a cross of two winning plants (Wild lady and Miss Sticky), She will flower late in the season outdoors. Grows long arm branches that fill out with flowers almost all the way to the bottom. Indoors, it’s about your lights I guess. Looking at about 9 to 10 weeks to ripen outdoors but indoors you could take a week off. Buds are fairly tight for sativa and are very resinous. Expect pine, sandalwood, and earth (almost always earth in the African Landraces). The high is crystal clear and both energetic and euphoric and lasts a few hours. Important to note there is no stone here at all. none. High? Yes, very. None of the strains get you stoned, only high.)

Wild lady comes from the Kosi bay area right on the border with Mozambique. It happens to be my favorite place on the planet (google is your friend here) Later flowering with looser nodes than the LC-18. She gets big and grows aggressively when given what she needs. Super hardy and very branchy. You will have to strap her down indoors or you will run out of space. She will double in size at a minimum outdoors in stretch. Denser than average sativa buds sticky with resin and reeking of pine. She takes about 10 weeks outdoors. About the same indoors from my experience. This plant is so wild, you might get one that has the crab clawiest preflower you have ever seen. Don't freak out and give it a couple of days/weeks and eventually two long thick pistils will come out. not so much a crab claw but like a calyx that has two pointy parts.

Iklwa comes from the foot of the Drakensberg mountain range and was likely the same genetics that Shaka Zulu and the Zulu tribe would have consumed/smoked before battle and for ceremonies. The name I have given this strain is the name of the short spear that Shaka introduced. Like the spear, this strain is sharp and what I call Insta-high. The euphoria comes on by the time you have a second hit, or, as you exhale your first. This is a pheno that comes from Miss Sticky. 9 to 10 weeks to flower. Spicy, woody, and earthy are the scents you will likely get. Occasionally floral.

The RDVD is very similar to the Iklwa and comes from the opposite side of the Drakensberg mountains near the Free State province. This plant grows buds that are a bit denser than Iklwa and takes the same to finish. Expect a bit more floral scent here. Super clear high that’s almost instant. Can be a little fast for new smokers who are prone to anxiety or paranoia.

That was just what I was looking for Ween! Bookmarked! Thank you!

Welcome Otter! Great to see you! In time for a baby shower (sort of) not seeds but CLONES, 1/2 of the gang of four have roots and are in soil. It’s funny how some strains root better/faster or not at all! All 3 IKLWA cuts had much roots and I got 1 LC-18 so far. Plus one of my favorites Black Cherry punch and also Sugar cane. I expect most to have roots in a day or two.

Rock on!

KFK

I’ll be doing a bonsai with this one, actually 2.

...look at you go!... ;) :D:thumb:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...🏝️...

Ha, I know h00k, I may be in over my head a bit!?!? Good thing I’ve got support on here and now with my friends, I just gave my buddies a few plants which is win win, they get plants and I get space, ha!

Looking fantastic ween! You got me a little nervous about that LC-18. Mine is still in the seedling stage and it didn't take long for yours to get that big. The node spacing looks like she's going to be a wild one. Thanks for that write up too. These will be my personal smoke because no one I know around here likes those no stone strains. I absolutely love them.

I know on the LC, he says the squat one is better but he also said the big node spacing will fill in with buds (not sure how that would happen and maybe I misunderstood.) OMG I’ve completely forgot to pop some Lemon Paki seeds so……

Here for the fun. Looks like you have some great genetics in ya vault 💪

Welcome kind sir! Glad you could join.

Maybe I will flux my Paki!?’

Looking fantastic ween! You got me a little nervous about that LC-18. Mine is still in the seedling stage and it didn't take long for yours to get that big. The node spacing looks like she's going to be a wild one. Thanks for that write up too. These will be my personal smoke because no one I know around here likes those no stone strains. I absolutely love them.
I gave my buddy a bag of strawberry cough. Not even close to the head only high your talking about. He brought it back saying he didn't like it. Go figure. The Mrs and I love a good sativa. Stank turned me on to an African Melt Down Bud! What a fun head high! I'm thinking this LC-18 might be like that.

Back
Top Bottom