CBD BudMan Outdoor Grow: Table Mountain Sativa Company & Seedsman - 2024

If your reliable soil recipe calls for green sand then get some and add it as soon as you can. I've just never added half of the ingredients I see in recipes.
Compost, castings, bone meal, more castings and Potting soil along with Perlite and vermiculite, cuttlebone, kelp and potash is all I use. Most is foraged.
I'm not saying my soil is the best or better. I'm saying these plants are the kind you have to try really hard to kill. They survived in the wild for way longer than any modern soil recipe has been around. They do just fine without humans doing anything.
On those super hot days, I spray them down with the hose during the hottest part of the day. They love that. It often rains in the hottest months where they come from.

If your reliable soil recipe calls for green sand then get some and add it as soon as you can.
Well, the problem is, greensand takes the longest of all the ingredients to breakdown, and I've already waited too long to put my soil together as it is. So, we get to see if half the amount is OK.
I've just never added half of the ingredients I see in recipes.
Compost, castings, bone meal, more castings and Potting soil along with Perlite and vermiculite, cuttlebone, kelp and potash is all I use. Most is foraged.
I'm not saying my soil is the best or better. I'm saying these plants are the kind you have to try really hard to kill. They survived in the wild for way longer than any modern soil recipe has been around. They do just fine without humans doing anything.
I'm looking forward to growing these hearty plants.:yummy: 😍
On those super hot days, I spray them down with the hose during the hottest part of the day. They love that. It often rains in the hottest months where they come from.
And no problems with PM or bud rot? Thank you for your advice! :thanks:
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

bone meal at the bottom so it breaks down during the 9 month grow season. I try to keep things as simple as possible.
@Gee64 had some soil issues but it seems corrected now so maybe he can also chime in here.
If you FIM it will still get taller a little. If you top it will not so that's up to you. 7 feet should be about where you will end up.
How many months will they have to veg before autumn rocks up?
I get 6 months before stretch.
Cheers.
Hey there @Lerugged ,
I just now realized that I didn't catch onto some of the info you shared with me. Sounds like you guys have a 9 month grow season... do I have that right? Here where I am, we can get frost as late as April 1st. As you know, the Wild Lady and RVDV both popped out of the soil mid March. Summer Solstice here is June 21, so that's only 3 months of veg. And if flowering is 11 weeks, that puts the harvest in September (ish). Is my math right on this?

My point here is: How does this affect the advice you gave me about when to FIM these two sativas from you? I don't want 4 foot plants. Because these will only have about half the veg time as compared to your local, should I FIM when they have more than 10 nodes? I'm hoping for 7 feet in height. 6 is OK too though.

Any guidance you can offer is deeply appreciated. 🙏 Thank you for your time in helping me with this. :thanks:

9 months is correct.
Fimming doesn't seem to stall the plants like topping does. It also doesn't make too much difference on the final height.
You would most likely want a month of veg after the fim I'm order to get some length on the new tops you created by Fimming.
You could also just supercrop the main branch which will bush out the top of the plant and not make much difference on height at the end.

9 months is correct.
Fimming doesn't seem to stall the plants like topping does. It also doesn't make too much difference on the final height.
You would most likely want a month of veg after the fim I'm order to get some length on the new tops you created by Fimming.
You could also just supercrop the main branch which will bush out the top of the plant and not make much difference on height at the end.
:thanks: @Lerugged,
So, with half the veg time, wouldn't they get approx half their original height without any trimming of any kind? 7' for Wild Lady and 5' to 6' for RVDV?

I think they will be pretty big. Have you read @StoneOtter outdoor journal from last year? I think he also had about the same amount of veg time. His was huge
Thank you! :thanks:
Hey there @StoneOtter , I've tried to do a search on the site here for your outdoor grow journal from last year and could find nothing on cultivars that you grew from @Table Mountain Sativa Co . Can you help me out here? A link to the grow journal that @Lerugged is referring to would help. I understand that you're quite busy, so, whenever is a good time for you. :adore::thanks:

Update:

Well, this part of the outdoor grow season can be a bit slow, but I thought I'd still show everyone some pics on the progress of my girls. Check out these pics:

Here they are on 4/10/2024

Here they are the very next day

Is it me, or can you see noticeable growth when comparing the two pics? Even though the angle of the camera is different, I still think I can see more growth in the 2nd pic over the 1st pic just 24 hours ago. The weather here has been nice and warm for several days now too, with the last 2 days in the mid to upper 80's Fahrenheit. I'm sure this has helped as well.

They've been slow for about a week or so, and now that I've left them outside full time, 🌞 they now finally seem to be growing faster. I'm still concerned that the amount of the artificial light was not correct, perhaps confusing and slowing them down just a bit. Because of this, I'm now considering building a very small greenhouse, complete with warming pad for next season. This will allow me to put them outside immediately after potting them into dixie cups, so they can have a sunlight schedule 🌞 that's in line with nature right from the start, side-stepping the whole indoor lighting thing. We'll see.

Until about a week ago, they've been getting just plan RO water. About a week ago, I mixed some of the Chicken Soup For The Soil in their watering. Today when I watered them, I used the @GeoFlora Nutrients Veg for the 1st time on this grow. So far, it's taking at least a week for the cups to get light enough to water, so I know the roots aren't filling out the cups just yet. I'm anxious to get them into bigger pots, but prefer to wait until they've filled out the cups they're in 1st, as I've learned to do. They seem to do better this way.

Picture Update:

As you can see, the Table Mountain girls are starting to really jump! They seem far more eager and energetic than even the Durban Poison, which is said to be a pure sativa from Africa as well. And the White Widow is doing well, even though she'll never compete in height, as is her genetics.

Picture Update:

As you can see, the Table Mountain girls are starting to really jump! They seem far more eager and energetic than even the Durban Poison, which is said to be a pure sativa from Africa as well. And the White Widow is doing well, even though she'll never compete in height, as is her genetics.
Lovely team :thumb:
Hope your doing well my friend :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Sad Update:

Looks like I'll loose my White Widow girl. 😟 Unfortunately, it looks like nutrient burn:

Can't believe I was so stupid. I neglected to go over my notes I have on past grows, telling me to be careful with strains like White Widow when it comes to ferts. Really bummed right now... 😣
I Love My Girls, even when I'm stupid... :smokin:

Sad Update:

Looks like I'll loose my White Widow girl. 😟 Unfortunately, it looks like nutrient burn:

Can't believe I was so stupid. I neglected to go over my notes I have on past grows, telling me to be careful with strains like White Widow when it comes to ferts. Really bummed right now... 😣
I Love My Girls, even when I'm stupid... :smokin:
Do you have any B1, kelp extract or Superthrive?
Something to help her

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

No, and my Hydro store is closed on Sunday's
Try and keep a few emergency supplies on hand :Namaste:
So so sorry buddy.
It's still April, do you have another bean?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom