The Fat Ladies In The Cathouse

Morning Farmer! I'll bet your hole is a big lake today. I put out some buckets to catch rain water last night and we got almost 3 more inches here. That's not counting what we got in a downpour yesterday afternoon. I'm praying we get a break for a few days to dry out, sheesh!

That racoon looks way too cozy on the deck! I tried to get a pic, I've got 3 more baby bunnies running around the backyard now. Unless a hawk or cat got them, haven't seen them for a few days.

I've got an older home, and one morning a few years ago I woke up cause my cats were raising hell. There was a freaking racoon in my kitchen eating their food. It had found a way into the crawlspace under the house and found an opening behind the washer and dryer that I didn't even know was there. I found it because the coon made a beeline for it when I showed up wondering what the hell was going on. I spent a lot of time and effort and money after that critter-proofing the crawlspace & house. Sometimes a mouse will still get in but hopefully I'll get that stopped too.

Hope we both have a nice, sunny & dry day today!

Yes Newport on the Levee is where the aquarium is. Funny story at the entrance there's a big bas relief of a humpback whale. As we left I asked the girls what they liked best and the 5 year old said 'the whale' lol.

Have you been to Great American Ballpark? It's so much nicer than Riverfront, even if you don't like baseball you'd enjoy taking in a game there. And you don't have to worry about crowds unless we're playing the Cubs or Cards they're lucky to draw 7500 actual butts in the seats.

What strain(s) are you growing? I missed that along the way. It's storming pretty good here right now with lots more coming the next few days... good luck!
Spouse person and I owned a house in Bellevue for a hot minute, before moving to Chicago.
We walked by that damn Aquarium dozens of times and never went.
Through a five year old's eyes part of a massive whale sticking out of a large building would be beyond amazing.

I'll always remember living in Mt. Adams and being awakened by a pretty large blast that was Riverfront being imploded. At first it was rather disconcerting then we remembered reading about the scheduled demolish-in.

Went to about a half a dozen games at new Great American Ball Park. Crazy to think it is not so new now.
On a work outing one of my co workers was kicked out for heckling Ken Griffey Jr.. It was a radio only game, so Ken flipped my co worker off a couple times.

Cincinnati kinda like a cloudy dream that I actually lived.

The dead girl was a Kosher Kush 100 percent Indica :(

The only girl currently in the ground (hole 3) is a Nichole Kush, which is a 75/25 hybrid all Kosher Kush on the Indica side. Pretty sure a Nichole Kush will go into my fourth hole. The Nichole's are all clones from last year's outdoor grow.

Started some of the Blackjack Strain from seed that I plan to transplant a little later.

This damn rain is making me think that I should have integrated more coco into my outdoor blends. Hopefully the rocks in the bottom of my holes help water flow.

Here are some shots of me clearing my flank to death pass.

Morning Farmer! I'll bet your hole is a big lake today. I put out some buckets to catch rain water last night and we got almost 3 more inches here. That's not counting what we got in a downpour yesterday afternoon. I'm praying we get a break for a few days to dry out, sheesh!

That racoon looks way too cozy on the deck! I tried to get a pic, I've got 3 more baby bunnies running around the backyard now. Unless a hawk or cat got them, haven't seen them for a few days.

I've got an older home, and one morning a few years ago I woke up cause my cats were raising hell. There was a freaking racoon in my kitchen eating their food. It had found a way into the crawlspace under the house and found an opening behind the washer and dryer that I didn't even know was there. I found it because the coon made a beeline for it when I showed up wondering what the hell was going on. I spent a lot of time and effort and money after that critter-proofing the crawlspace & house. Sometimes a mouse will still get in but hopefully I'll get that stopped too.

Hope we both have a nice, sunny & dry day today!
It was raining cats and dogs here in Athens this morning, so no sunny or dry. At this rate hole two---the mini lake will definitely become a fish farm. Still hoping to be able to drop a plant in hole four by the end of the month. Last year I got a five ounce plant (best quality outdoor for the year) from that hole with very minimal work.

Hoping my one planted girl is fine.

That raccoon is on my sister's deck one of three mother raccoons that eats her cat food. The raccoon seems to be very pleased with itself. Note: my sister has a pet steer (a male cow with no nuts).

Deer eat grass and terrorize my dogs in the front yard. Never had a raccoon or critter get inside the house it was built in the late sixties. Critter proofing can be a tenacious and expensive process. Mice are pretty easy to eliminate unless you have a really bad infestation.

Hope your day is nice and partially dry:thumb:

Pics of the evolution for hole 3 currently my only outdoor girl in the ground.

Updated the trellising system to improve stealth and increase the hillbilly factor.

Sorry if there are duplicate pictures from other post.

Thanks, I am kinda making it up as I go. I am in a 15 acre ish field that was old hog breeding lots. Most of my girls are going to be behind the wall of honey suckle.

Well. There are six siblings, so we each got our own parcels of land after our father expired Feb. of 21. My big brother is about as intelligent as Forest Gump plus add on years of physical and mental abuse. Pops favorite was dunking his head in a 55 gallon water trough when he forgot to fill it or when it ran over. Before my time, but he probably did it when he had a shitty day. It was my brother's fault for being born with limited intelligence.

Despite every attorney in the land wanting me to act as legal guardian for him my oldest sister aggressively insisted on the role.

My oldest sister put(s) out a $25 bounty on each of my girls, so my mentally challenged brother will search them out for a little extra smack. Plus she indoctrinates him on how marijuana kills millions of folks and how Jesus won't let me into heaven. He'll call me after her sessions with him expressing much concern for my soul cause of my evilness.

Guess the answer is if I offer him more money than my oldest sis. and if I tell him I'll ask God for forgiveness

I do fear that my sister may have the entire field bull dozed during the grow season. It just makes it that much more fun

Hole 4, cool rocks, rocks in the hole, soil in the hole. Maybe hole 5 by the willows?

IMG_20220605_192424.jpg

IMG_20220605_192620.jpg

IMG_20220605_192818.jpg

IMG_20220605_193622.jpg

IMG_20220605_193657.jpg

Morning Farmer! Is your mini-lake dried up yet? Funny how fast things go from too much water to 'we could use a little rain' lol. Hope you're having a great day!
Yep! Thanks a lot for asking! Needed some prodding to make some updates.

Getting to the point where I was going to quit growing weed outdoors and start a LARP Club.
Maybe specialize in ATV jousting. Maybe I could dress up as a big ass pink dragon that jousted off of a John Deere Gator.

Finally the hole dried up!!! I blended the remaining water logged soil with some fresh soil and let it dry out for a few days.
It did dry up quite nicely!!!

Pretty crazy how deer were drinking out of the hole and how a family of frogs were residing out of the hole just a matter of days ago.

The dude that I am share cropping with finally got the soybeans planted and now there is no precipitation in sight.

It probably would have been prudent to wait for another rain, but it is almost July, so I decided to drop her into the ground. I'll place more soil into the hole to compensate for settling and then finally place down some whole pine bark mulch.

As of now there are two girls behind the honey suckle wall and one in front of the honey suckle wall (updates will come shortly). This girl is in front of the honey suckle wall.

The second girl I planted had something chew off a branch and spit it out, so the final pick is a make shift critter guard while she gets acclimated to the potential adversities of outdoor living.

This girl shouldn't require any trellising or supports and should be pretty turn-key.

Torn as to whether to go out tomorrow or Thursday to water the girls.

Loving the settings, loving the soil :green_heart:

I thought I was subscribed but guess not. Now I got it dont wanna miss the show :popcorn:
It is a pleasure to have you along. Hopefully, we'll start to see a show soon.

Certainly could use some of your expertise for the journey.

Beautiful soil you got there farmer.
I'll grab a seat if you don't mind.
:popcorn:
Thanks a lot. Looking forward to seeing what my soil can do!!!

Maybe it'll make some colas half as phat as your's.

Yep! Thanks a lot for asking! Needed some prodding to make some updates.

Getting to the point where I was going to quit growing weed outdoors and start a LARP Club.
Maybe specialize in ATV jousting. Maybe I could dress up as a big ass pink dragon that jousted off of a John Deere Gator.

Finally the hole dried up!!! I blended the remaining water logged soil with some fresh soil and let it dry out for a few days.
It did dry up quite nicely!!!

Pretty crazy how deer were drinking out of the hole and how a family of frogs were residing out of the hole just a matter of days ago.

The dude that I am share cropping with finally got the soybeans planted and now there is no precipitation in sight.

It probably would have been prudent to wait for another rain, but it is almost July, so I decided to drop her into the ground. I'll place more soil into the hole to compensate for settling and then finally place down some whole pine bark mulch.

As of now there are two girls behind the honey suckle wall and one in front of the honey suckle wall (updates will come shortly). This girl is in front of the honey suckle wall.

The second girl I planted had something chew off a branch and spit it out, so the final pick is a make shift critter guard while she gets acclimated to the potential adversities of outdoor living.

This girl shouldn't require any trellising or supports and should be pretty turn-key.

Torn as to whether to go out tomorrow or Thursday to water the girls.

and off they goo :surf:

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

best of luck for the season, hopefully the deer stay off.

That looks great Farmer! Do you think it was a deer that munched on her? 70% chance of rain here tomorrow night, hopefully we both get some. I'm anxious to see what your soil does too. There was a guy here years ago and I think he lived in Washington State. He didn't do anything to his soil, he just planted directly into it in his backyard and he grew 9' tall trees. Absolutely amazing. Have a great day!

That looks great Farmer! Do you think it was a deer that munched on her? 70% chance of rain here tomorrow night, hopefully we both get some. I'm anxious to see what your soil does too. There was a guy here years ago and I think he lived in Washington State. He didn't do anything to his soil, he just planted directly into it in his backyard and he grew 9' tall trees. Absolutely amazing. Have a great day!
All I can really tell you for sure was that it wasn't this deer:laughtwo:

It was a pretty clean cut like with a cutting tool, but the critter just chewed up the foliage and left it on the ground (hopefully this is a good thing).

Never really have seen that happen before and stuff.

Meant to post this earlier, but here is one of Meig's Counties Great Waterfalls!!!

Hole four plant #2 insertion:
The relentless rain turned my soil into a lose mud, which rapidly dried out.
I actually used a shovel and a pan to dry out the hole before planting.
Let the hole dry out for several hours to make sure it wasn't going to fill back up.

Wow! A nine foot pot plant by just throwing it in the ground---we do need to remember that these things are weeds.
The nice thing about this grow is that the goal(s) are:

1. Having fun on my families celestial land.
2. Grow enough quality bud for me and maybe even friends.
3. Test my soil.

Goal two is optional, because I have plenty of weed for me:thumb:

Going out to the farm now, so will catch up on folks journals when I get back

Back
Top Bottom