Skywalker OG Mainline Scrog

Sigh…. Found my first spider mite today. Awesome catch! I chose violence to end his life then chose neem oil to spray all over. Suppose i will spray again in 7 days and keep fingers crossed because thatll help im sure.

Ugh… please tell me this is controllable and not a big deal as long as treated.

@Melville Hobbes @Bill284 @bluter
I believe 7 days is a bit long to wait.
I go every other day to catch newly hatched.
Be vigilant, they are no joke.
Just 2 cents.
@Melville Hobbes called it. :thumb:
Nice eye.:ciao:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Product instructions say 7-14 days, ie, 7 for active bugs 14 for prevention. So although im naturally inclined to do it daily, 3x per day im going to try and follow instructions on bottle.

After discovering and treating for spider mites (thanks to @Melville Hobbes ) i ran into another problem by chance.

I knew scrogging a dwc would be a problem if i needed to get to the individual plant buckets and as luck would have it, one of the drains clogged with super long, white, healthy roots, so i had to unweave all the branches, peel back the two scrog screens and reach down to unclog.

Occurs to me that without the screen idve been able to simply spin the basket a bit occasionally to prevent such a root clog. So, i gotta come up with another method of minimizing height of plants while being able to train them more horizontally.

I believe this grow is close to its max height now and has been trained sufficiently, but the DWC MAINLINE SCROG GROW has become neither mainlined nor scrogged. Oh well. Thats why we experiment.

Concern number one is treating the mite issue diligently and w vigilance as @Bill284 urged earlier.

Not a failure yet though!!

any neem based product will make for an awful tasting bud. it's waxy, which is what kills the mites, but does not wash off.

Product instructions say 7-14 days, ie, 7 for active bugs 14 for prevention. So although im naturally inclined to do it daily, 3x per day im going to try and follow instructions on bottle.

After discovering and treating for spider mites (thanks to @Melville Hobbes ) i ran into another problem by chance.

I knew scrogging a dwc would be a problem if i needed to get to the individual plant buckets and as luck would have it, one of the drains clogged with super long, white, healthy roots, so i had to unweave all the branches, peel back the two scrog screens and reach down to unclog.

Occurs to me that without the screen idve been able to simply spin the basket a bit occasionally to prevent such a root clog. So, i gotta come up with another method of minimizing height of plants while being able to train them more horizontally.

I believe this grow is close to its max height now and has been trained sufficiently, but the DWC MAINLINE SCROG GROW has become neither mainlined nor scrogged. Oh well. Thats why we experiment.

Concern number one is treating the mite issue diligently and w vigilance as @Bill284 urged earlier.

Not a failure yet though!!
@Jon is using a moveable scrog in his current grow, maybe you could adapt it to your growing style?

Had not considered the neem oil taste issue. Will likely go sns this weekend.

Trying to decide if i need to put screen back or just ride commando for the next 6-8 weeks…

Despite the mite discovery, theyre looking ok

E4298B0D-C94A-40BF-BB07-488F90B09556.jpeg

2FC46F1D-5ACB-4DF6-8A10-F29C177E5C48.jpeg

8B644C7B-6134-4C27-A557-1551EB2E9D5D.jpeg

38E5E480-E56C-4461-9D29-9738D6F60159.jpeg

B23F39D8-D722-41A6-A695-7BC7529FB9EB.jpeg

3FB80DAF-1573-497A-94F1-5074C65FB883.jpeg

F0B6239B-46B9-47D3-B47B-527BD970C33C.jpeg

Ok, so what i found was not a spider mite evidently. It was too large. I had only seen pics and didnt realize those were magnified. Im trying to identify what it was now. Maybe a red aphid? Wish i had taken a pic but smashed him on site. Sorry. It fell from plant on to my arm. I immediately assumed it was our culprit.

Essentially it looked like a magnified spider mite and was maybe?? 1/2” in length or so

Looking good! Hopefully getting your pest situation under control... Did you figure out what it was yet?
Closest thing to the bug that landed on me is a red aphid. Maybe thats what it was. I am diligently looking for other signs of pests and cannot find em. Hopefully i was just being paranoid, but am continuously looking for signs.

Because of drain clogging, flooding has become a real issue. For now i will reduce the amount of water im using to minimize the damage if/when it floods again. Its either that or go back to stand alone buckets. After this run i will build my own rdwc w larger drains or overflow drain. This system was purchased in amazon and aside from drains being too small, its fairly flimsy. The plastic is thin and the drain valves, etc are just a lil sketchy.

Otherwise, the ladies look pretty good. Ive managed to avoid the post stretch issues i had last grow with GDP strain. Just gotta keep from flooding the tent and/or being infested w some bug or another.

Target harvest may 13ish

All the clone talk on another thread motivated me to take some cuttings from the two tops of these og skywalkers. Im feeling like gambling so considering moving those two topped clones to flower while cuttings root. I dont normally do it until i have roots, so as to preserve the genetics, but… im pretty confident in the process. This will give me two plants to harvest about a month or so after the two rdwc ladies. The two tops are in coco, so it wont yield as much, but… thats where i believe im headed this afternoon

A8C0F0C7-D605-4AD7-BD78-C8DE301CCCBD.jpeg

86D37174-031D-4774-8782-3ADE67FBB7BC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom