Glass top Canning Jars

quietonthe401

hello again people. Has anyone tried to cure in the old canning jars? I bought a crapload of jars for next to nothing, but none had the sealing ring. I tightened one up REAL tight and submerged it but there was still a very small leak. Does the cure need to be totally airtight? Cause if it will cure ,then right on I will vac pac it later for storage. BTW you guys helped alot with this crop, thanks .

Ive looked and asked quite afew places for the rubber O-rings with no luck. So if the jar needs to be absolutly tight, I am back to buy a few more cases of modern jars. Thanks.

guess I'm not familiar with an o-ring style...where does the o-ring sit?

does it look like this?

canning_lid.jpg

grocery/home/hardware stores should have packs of new lids with fresh seals.

These are quart jars from the 30's and 40's with a glass lid and a zinc scewdown band. The new lids are totally the wrong shape. The air leak is so tiny maybe like a slow slow drip into the newer jars. 100 for 10$....whats a crappy seal?!!! Im not real good computer person so to see one you have to google crown mason jar

You should be able to get new gaskets for those kind still.

Amazon: Rubber Canning Jar Rings, 3 1/2" Wide Mouth

1667446870131.png

By the time I bought seals at those prices my awesome deal has been shot to hell. To the hardware store tommorrow I guess i have to goto town anyways and pickup my trimmer. A big investment but I hope it saves hours....and hours....

auto trimmers save hours and hours, but destroy trichs faster than you can toke a one hitter.

yeah, that or have good friends willing to help trim for a medical donation trade.

Where I live makes it impossible for anyone to know. Lots of buddies but no one close to help. If it got around I had this much weed Id have lots of trouble.

By the time I bought seals at those prices my awesome deal has been shot to hell. To the hardware store tommorrow I guess i have to goto town anyways and pickup my trimmer. A big investment but I hope it saves hours....and hours....

A one man show sometimes has to make sacrifices. Bubble hash and a few carefully done lbs for personal should even it out, I hope.

You're growing pounds but you cannot afford 31 cents a piece for gaskets? :hmmmm: (12 for $3.70) [EDIT]They are reusable, you know.

Just screw the lids down as tight as you can get them, light a candle (maybe you can find one for a quarter?) and use melted wax to seal around the lid.

Tortured your a funny man....Along the lines of TS comments....Spending a few bucks to properly cure and store your precious seems like a no brainer especially if your producing lbs...the canning jars work well but pounds in a bunch of qt jars can be one pain in the ass to burp daily (not that I would know). The container Store has some big ole clamp seal glass jars for 8-10 bucks that work like a champ...

I agree with tortured and vaporeyes.
But if you are set on the jars you already invested your money on, You need to get an old fashion sealer for em.
Google. They're around, the antique ones work well.

Ok so burping these jars is a pain in the arse , what do you cure them in? The only way ive ever cured weed is in a mason jar,and the most ive ever grown and cured is around 4 lbs and that took along time to trim . Whats the way if you're dealing wwith 15- 20 lbs? Cause Ive smoked enough, long enough to tell the difference a proper cure makes.

By the time I mess around with buying seals over the internet , I might as have bought new jars. These jars are worth 1$ each the way they sit in my back room with no seal .
So if burping all these jars is a pain in the arse, whats the way with 20 lbs? The most Ive ever grown before is 5 lbs.
Ive never even heard of the Container Store...... GTG

By the time I mess around with buying seals over the internet , I might as have bought new jars. These jars are worth 1$ each the way they sit in my back room with no seal .
So if burping all these jars is a pain in the arse, whats the way with 20 lbs? The most Ive ever grown before is 5 lbs.

google it, they have it all...

WOW 20 LBS how long did it take you to trim 20lbs of bud? dam my last harvest was 2lbs and it took me (just me no friends)about 32 hours to properly trim all my buds
IM001771.JPG
by the way the jars are from walmart i think they were like 8 or 9 bucks ea, they are made of plastic seem to work fine for curing, anybody have negative thoughts on plastic?

Back
Top Bottom