Curing in a 20 gallon plastic storage bin: pic

Gee

I bought a plastic storage bin last year I never used, that has air tight seals. It was gonna be used for cigar storage and curing but never was. I bought a wine cooler/humidor instead.

Can I put all my mason jars in the bin, lids removed, and burp the entire plastic container rather than open two dozen mason jars each day??????

It looks similar to the picture and can hold 24 mason jars, standing and quart sized.

3C374157-329B-4679-BCF6-B50C14D2DFFF.jpeg

good idea. i wish i knew if this was ok or not. i'd imagine it would depend on how much air space is left in the bin. i'd like an easier way to do it too. burping a few dozen jars is a bit of a pain. also with the harvests getting bigger and bigger as i learn this is for sure gonna be on my list of things to figure out.

i'm thinking about large plastic containers just like that but without the jars.

i'm thinking about large plastic containers just like that but without the jars.

I’m thinking too much weight on the buds will smash them. Even in quart containers they can get flat spots when in the 60% relative humidity range. That’s why I want to continue using the mason jars

I’m thinking too much weight on the buds will smash them. Even in quart containers they can get flat spots when in the 60% relative humidity range. That’s why I want to continue using the mason jars

I have notice that keeping the mason jars half full helps the ‘green’ smell go away faster, so that extra space for air in the plastic bin may be a good thing???

i didn't even think about the smushing. with a couple weeks from harvest, i might just try it the way you described. i might also have to get creative unless i want to buy more jars.

i just left this at the slow and low curing thread. figured you might find it an interesting read as well.

Cool thanks a lot for that post Remy! A subject I’m very interested in lately. I do not know how long it will last as it’s a link to a ‘rival forum’ but I have saved it to my notes.

Cool thanks a lot for that post Remy! A subject I’m very interested in lately. I do not know how long it will last as it’s a link to a ‘rival forum’ but I have saved it to my notes.

shit, i didn't even think about that. dwight is gonna boot me one day i swear LMAO.

Please don't boot me dwight :adore:

Back
Top Bottom