How do you lower humidity

ol hippy

Well we all have read many posts as to raising humidity, but I'm six wks into flowering and were in the middle of a 2 wk rainstorm here . I can't get my humidity lower than 37% any advice besides just getting a dehumidifier ? Thanks guys I would hate to see mold after all this work , and yes I do have a fan blowing uo through the canopy and I keep the door open during lights on to keep temps down too. :peace:

I wish I knew, I had 40% all during my Flowering and it nearly worried me to death! It rained and rained and rained for weeks, and I was just lucky, I guess. I did keep two fans on them.

Maybe some charcoal or boxes of baking soda or cat liter would work.

I have a friend who buys very large sacks of LIME, and puts it under houses in crawl spaces, to lower moisture and rpenvet mold. Maybe you could try some LIME ???

37% is fine, especially with good ventilation. Call me when it gets over 60%... or go ahead and drop the $150 on a dehumidifier.

What are your grow room temps? Higher temps will lower the relative humidity... but you really don't want it low until the final two weeks of flowering.

Hey olhippy, and roseman, I thought at some point in some other world wasn't Damprid mentioned. It says it pulls moisture out of the air. Prolly not cost effective.

My suggestion would be silica gel. Just looking at one site it is 15 for 1kg. Not cost effective.
The other would be to run a/c if you have it. A/C is a dehumidifier.

Thanks all !, I guess I'm safe in the mid 30s! whew a load off my mind, and it can't take much of a load anymore . Springs are shot! :peace:

You could try putting CLEAN cat litter in a bowl and put it in your room. The stuff with carbon in it might even lower the smell too.

I think I am way worse off, I cannot get my RH below 50. I have tried everything, I have a 4' can filter pumping out of the room, constant fanning of tray and plants, covered water, dehumidifier, incoming vent fan, outgoing exhaust fan, kitty litter boxes full of rice and cat litter.
Any suggestions? :rollit:I have tried everything for this issue and I am now a week into flower. I had 67 RH last night when watering and even vented the room for 45 minutes and 50 is the lowest I have gotten ever and that took 8 hours.

humidity range for flower can be from 40 to 60% .. do you have cervantes grow bible? check out page 323

Well we all have read many posts as to raising humidity, but I'm six wks into flowering and were in the middle of a 2 wk rainstorm here . I can't get my humidity lower than 37% any advice besides just getting a dehumidifier ? Thanks guys I would hate to see mold after all this work , and yes I do have a fan blowing uo through the canopy and I keep the door open during lights on to keep temps down too. :peace:

Considering that your suppose to stay around 50%, I don't think you want to lower it

Lower in flowering is better. I was 50-60% in veg,30-35% in flowering almost done now !!:peace:

My room is 15 x 9 with plastic on walls and floors. My temp just dropped down to 67 this am but the humidity finally went to 44. When the lights are on I am around 77-87 and could be higher without the AC.
I will check the Bible as well. Thanks and any more help is appreciated. I usually do dirt so I am really new to hydro. I almost killed them when I transplanted them, brought them back but now I am flushing because I have some burn on a couple of plants I am assuming from nutrient burn.:smokin: I am only watering 1 time when the lights come on because the RH goes up to 66.
Thanks for all of the responses and I will try everything and keep you informed.
Happy Growing

My opinion is 60% with good ventilation is fine throughout flowering. I THINK it takes 80% to guarantee rot... that's were I saw it start anyway during my last grow.

Lower is better towards the end of flowering, no doubt... but that's for the bud's sake, not the plant exactly... plants do enjoy growing in a humid environment... it's a fine line where rot starts, and can depend on plant health and environment as much as temp and humidity.

Back
Top Bottom