Second try but last chance for these LED's

scumbragger

I'm going to make this as interesting as possible and maybe reveal more then most but make it so that maybe we will all learn something in the end.
I tend to speak my mind which often leads to some thread cleansing on Soniq's part (sorry bro) but I don't mean to offend anyone which is hard at times do to my sense of humour and obssesiveness about some things....LOL...I also suffer from "translation problems" . This is the one where I speak English and people hear some foreign language or somebody speaks English to me and I hear "blah, blah,blah....." and although this is an affliction most often put up with by my spouse I find it's not exclusive and you'll see examples of this as we go along...LOL

I see how most of you start off by stating your card carrying status. Truth is I wish I lived in a tolerant society where that wasn't required at all but I got my first "card" some 33 years ago after my parents thought suicide was a better option.
To that point in life I'd never seen pot before but to this day I credit it for saving my life and being the only thing (I tried absolutely everything) that made quiting cigarettes possible. In my youth I dabbled in a few things but to this day I've always liked to have all my senses so I've never been one to drink...LOL

Anyways...enough of the sob story and on to documenting this grow....
As some might know my bud ledtester helped me out the last time by offering up his place to test these HGL 1.0 lights...LOL and I thank him again this time as he's been kind enough to do it again although I'll be taking care of this as he got his meds from the last grow and doesn't have the time.

Previously to that grow I had just finished helping getting things dialed in after about a year and half of setting things up and we managed to pull off between 900 -950gr / 1000w HPS. I have been told by several growers that this is an average harvest for a 4x4 table or at least pretty close to it. Considering the equipment and no CO2 It's about as good as were going to get things.
So when I bought these lights from Cammie this was what we were shooting for but as we all found out they fell short.

I've documented what went wrong already but the honest truth is these lights were keeping up for the first four weeks and it wasn't till we tried following her reccomendations of pulling leaves where things changed. Also like screwing for the first time, there's a learning curve if you know what I mean...LOL...One of the lights had a diode out when they arrived and Cammie was cool in sending one out since I was in the middle of the grow. She told me she was sending a prepaid box to send the old one back but then a couple of weeks later asked me to ship the thing directly to China and let her know how much it was to get a refund. Translation affliction number one of our story as I heard "go ahead and keep that light since even the mighty ED couldn't get a test set up that fast"....LOL
So we pretty well have changed everything with our grow including an extra light with a diode out and another light who's fan is touching metal when it spins so it sounds like I'm in the middle of a root canal when I'm in the room.
So total watts of 503.

I have changed the clay pellets in pots to using 4" rockwool on top of a rockwool bed in our 4x4 flood table.
The four panels still don't cover the whole table and our growing canopy is 40"X 30" with the panels a couple of inches apart on all sides to accomodate that.
The last time the plants were over 2' christmas trees by the time we got the lights and forced them over this time they are short and trimmed bushes to keep as even and full canopy.
I was going to try to raise the temps to the 85 range but were going through a cold snap in ther east right now and currently things are at 74 degrees and humidity is at 38.
I also changed the strain to:
Durban Poison ® (indoor, outdoor)
Imported from South Africa, produced in Holland. Exclusively inbred, never hybridized, 100% Sativa. Large long budleaves, buds are also large and long with lots of resin. A sweet licorice or anise flavour. "Up" high similar to Thai. High yields. Well suited for outcrossing with late bloomers to produce earlier flowering. Also does very well under artificial light. A very popular variety.
THC 8.6%
flowering period: 8 - 9 weeks
harvest time outdoor: end of Sept.

It's another old strain and another friend had given me a couple of clones after I had found it to be the best smoke around here.

I'm using a 60 gallon rez that keeps my ph between 5.5 and 5.8 and temps around 67- 70 degrees. The girls get fed 4 times a day for 10 minutes.

Other then a bloom additive to the Advanced Nutes that's all there is to it' No fuss no muss!
Pics of all this to follow.
Today was the first day of 12/12 after 3 weeks and some trimming under a 400 watt MH.

Thanks to 420, Soniq, Andy and the others for running an A1 operation here as other then the annoying backspace when inserting an image...LOL, it's the only place with civility and respect as forums go. It's the only place I'll post this.

And all those who's experience I gleaned through these forums has culminated in all that I know of growing and mmmimick for teaching us that even cheap ass cameras have white balance settings...LOL

As you'll see everything is under 17" and the lights are at 23" for now.
BTW these pics might be a predictor of when the stars will align for LED...LOL...will see!

IMAG00016.JPG

IMAG00027.JPG

IMAG00038.JPG

hop_8_.JPG

hop_4_.JPG

IMAG00047.JPG

IMAG00053.JPG

Can't wait to see what they can do. I have 3x126W HGL's.

-Go-

'Scribed....

trich ...Go ...nice to see ya here!

It's 4-8 2052 ....LOL ...and I've run into something for the first time in my life. I'm setting something up at a place for a friend and go to test the tap water and getting an EC reading of 1.79....huggghhhhh! I'ts got to be busted so I take the little pen home where I know the water is .39 and sure as shit the pen is working fine. Go back to where I'm setting up and 1.59....WTF! So being the smart ass that I am I put my thinking cap on and let's see....water source: well only 6 ft deep.....winter salt riddled road 30' away...voila! But what if anything can be done...help????Will a straight filter that removes dirt etc do it? Already have UV filter hooked up.

I think I would ues a RO filter. I hope they are not drinking that water.

im not sure what your budget looks like, but if you can grab nursery water, that'd be ideal. at least in my state, nursery water isn't taxed the same as bottled drinking water.

i suggest everyone take advantage of that before "the man" figures it out and raises the tax.

im not sure what your budget looks like, but if you can grab nursery water, that'd be ideal. at least in my state, nursery water isn't taxed the same as bottled drinking water.

i suggest everyone take advantage of that before "the man" figures it out and raises the tax.

Not the man I'm worried about but the neighbors going..." Hey look the neighbor is trucking in water, that's funny the swamp his place is on doesn't look dry!":grinjoint:

trich ...Go ...nice to see ya here!

It's 4-8 2052 ....LOL ...and I've run into something for the first time in my life. I'm setting something up at a place for a friend and go to test the tap water and getting an EC reading of 1.79....huggghhhhh! I'ts got to be busted so I take the little pen home where I know the water is .39 and sure as shit the pen is working fine. Go back to where I'm setting up and 1.59....WTF! So being the smart ass that I am I put my thinking cap on and let's see....water source: well only 6 ft deep.....winter salt riddled road 30' away...voila! But what if anything can be done...help????Will a straight filter that removes dirt etc do it? Already have UV filter hooked up.

rember RO will filter out all of you Cal MAg and all the other stuff you need. you will have to add some cal/mag to your water. ive learn this the hard way.

Hey just a heads up. I often see peeps talkins about FLIR cameras and the misconceptions out there do to stuff like this in Hydro stores and of course Hollywood !

Block-IR-FLUKE-600.jpg

Block-IR-Before-600.jpg

Block-IR-After-600.jpg

Block-IR-250.jpg

From a hydro site:

A revolutionary new security product, Block-IR is made from NASA developed Infra-Red blocking technology. The two outer layers of Block-IR material reduce thermal imaging heat signatures by 97%. Each layer if Block-IR material is bonded to a durable layer of polyurethane for strength. An inner layer of insulation prevents conductive heat flow. An additional layer of polyurethane gives Block-IR high reliability and strength. Completely line any space with Block-IR for a 97% reduction in thermal imaging reduction. Don't be fooled by thin, cheap imitations that don't provide complete protection. This is the real deal. Accept nothing less. Foil tape is required for proper installation (below).

With IR gun

These cameras only pick up heat being pumped out of a place. They are not xray cameras as some would lead you to believe. Just as in the examples given here any time you see pictures of lights and tables or anything like that the camera is inside the grow area. Any material being sold to you for masking purposes or whatever is a waste of money when the only thing you have to do if you need to exhaust is to disperse it throughout or underneath your house.
Don't let images like the one above scare you or waste your dough since unless you ask the cops to photograph your grow room your ok! Heat being pumped out the side of your house other then the dryer vent could then be suspiscious in case of IR cameras.

Originally Posted by McBudz
Exactly. It is a total invasion. Cops could be watching thermal images of intimate moments and such. Especially when looking at your home. Your home is your sanctuary where you should feel safe and not intruded upon. They would have to have a good reason to be watching your house with FLIR. Keep it small and keep it personal.

Guys or gals...this is Holywood stuff you're talking about here Mcbudz...we have been sold lies on this subject...FLIR is not a xray camera and cannot catch jack shit of what your doing to your wife or pony unless the camera is in the room catching the heat coming off of you and whatever pet you're with at the time...LOL...check Barry Coopers dvd on never get Raided...he was a cop!

Originally Posted by arachnoiditis
i was watching a show on mythbusters the other night and saw where they were trying to beat security systems. ie. fingerprint scans, motion sensors , and yup you guessed it thermal imaging systems! and they easily beat the thermal imaging systems by holding a large piece of plate glass in front of thier body. i did some thinking and also remembered seeing a show where a helicopter was chasing a car using flir(foward looking infrared radar) and everything on the car and surrounding builinds glowed to some extent except for the windows which were all black. hope this helps someone for it would seem to be a cheap method to hide ir signs. oh but remember to have the glass not directly touching a hot surface.

Yes of course cause FLIR can't see through shit but put your warm hand agains the glass and you'll see the hand imprint even after you remove it until that area of the glass is back to the temps of the rest of the glass...Think heat not xray... and they have to have probable cause to begin with to get a warrant just to set that up...I personally would be more afraid of posting my grow here then a FLIR camera.

yup. shit molasses took care of all the cal/mag issues for me. but the best is cal/mag plus.

Irish I tried that a couple of times and stopped the day I walked into the room and my rez was one goooey mess. I'll have to consider it in this situation do to the salt content to begin with. thanks...did you get your new lights yet?

Irish I tried that a couple of times and stopped the day I walked into the room and my rez was one goooey mess. I'll have to consider it in this situation do to the salt content to begin with. thanks...did you get your new lights yet?

oh my bad your doing hydro? ya i only use molasses in soil. yes i have my 600w led light in my room, should start my next grow on sat

oh my bad your doing hydro? ya i only use molasses in soil. yes i have my 600w led light in my room, should start my next grow on sat

I forgot your on Pluto and saturday isn't until?...LOL

Speaking of Pluto, I turn on a Canucks game and I get 2 turbaned Punjabi commentators calling the game....yah let's see one of them do some figure skating!

In all honesty these lights and the woman who came up with them are a piece of crap and I will not stand here for another minute and waste my time trying to do something that would benefit such an ungrateful liar...you should change your name to Commie....you arrongant lying bitch!

thread closed

Ahhhhh sounds like you need a little spooning! because your not the highest 3rd party results as she claims her friend dose 1.8 g/w and she dose 1.5 g/w and you only got .9 g/w.lol.. i was watching all that crazy shit.lol

Back
Top Bottom