The Long Awaited First Grow.Grow Tent, 660w, 4 x White Rhino Relative

Jesstah

So Here Goes...

This is my first grow and its long overdue for me...I wanted to do things the best that i could and not waste my time or money (as im sure everyone does)....i also wanted to make it as organic as possible being a long time outdoor smoker and not fan of Hydro because of its bad rep with chemicals blah blah blah...anyway after much research i have convinced myself that its okay so here i am....

First i will list my set up..

ps..i cant post pics right now because when i take a photo there are lines through it like when you try and film a television???....im guesing thats something to do with the light....

1.2m x 1.2m x 2m Homebox Classic Grow Tent
600w Lucagrow light and JB Ballast
One 150mm EziFan for the in
One 200mm Inline Ducted Fan for the out

Im Growing in a mixture of Canna Cocco Coil and Perlite in 27ltr Pots

I will be manually watering these babies as its my first grow and i want to be as close to them as possible....

Im using Canna Organic Nutes and have the BIO Boost for later in addition to the Flores mix....

Its all set up and i switched everything on at 1:30pm today...

I thought the clones i was getting were White Rhino but apparently its not, buts its a relative of some sort...stoked anyway...they are about 9cm high...

One thing thats really important that in all my reading i didnt find...i wear sunnies when the light is on...its full on and it kills my eyes...it cant be good for you so id suggest sunglasses while your lights are on.....

Anyway i will keep posting and try to figure out a way to take photos without lines in them...

Peace :peace:

Re: The Long Awaited First Grow...Grow Tent, 660w, 4 x White Rhino Relative

Thanks very much for the interest....

So Day two and my babies are in the dark for the first time after having hard light for the first time as-well.....i have made my fist batch of Nutes at about 3/4 strength or even a little less for the first 3 or 4 waters which i am doing every second to third day. I have the light at the top of the tent to allow the plants to adjust to hard lighting.....so the first 5 days-ish is really about adjusting and getting everything right....the last thing i need is a small regular fan for the inside to circulate air and create strong stems on the plants.....

Day one went well with my hands shaking a little as i planted the babies and did the final few steps....and my stomach filled with anxiety and excitement (which i will tell you right now is an interesting combo of emotions and if it could be bottled would sell for mint)....i spent the fist few hours adjusting ducting and sealing out light and placing a proper lock on the door etc....did a walk around to see if the noise was safe.....all the things you do to ensure a safe grow i guess....so a little nervy to start with but i know that will pass cause ultimately i know within myself that Im not doing a bad thing.....im doing a good thing for myself and for my friends....the people who make the laws are corrupt anyway and only keep this herb illegal because it would cost them to much in revenue to do otherwise.....so power to the grower i say.....i will continue to post as often as needed with out being boring....

peace out...

Re: The Long Awaited First Grow...Grow Tent, 660w, 4 x White Rhino Relative

hey prodotype....any idea why my camera is wigging out under the lights...dark lines through the screen....like uv or something???

j

So day three and not much to report except that my clones are a little spotty and some leaves have yellowed....although it sounds bad im taking into consideration all the factors and i will give it a few more days before i start to worry...they have just been transported and transplanted and have hard light for the first time and im using a different formula to what the guy who started the clones used.....so any feed back is welcomed but im to concerned yet....time ticks away very slowly when your waiting and watching for 11 weeks....lol....its not like christmas where you can make yourself real busy and then all of a sudden its here.....you gotta tend to it daily.....fun though and ever so rewarding.....

peace

ps...still no pics yet sorry....

Sounds like you have the setup for a great grow! I can't wait to see some pics!

PS...My HPS light makes lines in the photos I take from my cheaper cameras (like a cellphone camera). I think its because the lights pulse. I'm not sure though.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom