How important is material gauge (ie. 600D vs 1680D) for a small tent?

CaptWineTeeth

420 Member
When I google "600D vs 1680D" I get surprisingly little in terms of explanations. I know that obviously 1680D is thicker and will keep more light contained in the tent, but I'm seeing over and over that the big difference between a good tent and a not great one is the zippers and poles (plastic vs. metal). For a 3x3 or 4x2 tent, how much of a difference will upgrading from 600D to 1680D be? It's a significant hike in price.

Thanks.

PS - Is there a Search function for the forums here? I don't see a button anywhere and wanted to search this question before I posted.

Sorry. Not seeing what you mean. By "click grow" what do you mean; "grow room"? There's an FAQ there but I don't see anything about tents and material gauges.

Sometimes we stress about this minor specifics when they don't really matter. What I mean is I just had to look up the tent I bought as to whether it was a 600d or whateva. Bought it on Amazon and I never looked up that stuff. It does have metal poles, also small light leaks, but nothing that would stop me growing in it. I had to put some duct tape on one spot that had a decent amount of light coming in at a top seam. If you would like to know specifics msg me. There used to be a rule about competing products vs sponsored stuff and use of terms in a thread, blah blah. Not that I am for a tent that lets a lot of light in, but are light leaks as much of a thing if outdoor can be grown during moon cycles and full stars? Personally I've never had a plant go weird due to too much light during night. Either I'm lucky or I have not let enough light get in at the wrong time. Lets say "light" again just to be annoying....

CHEERS! :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom