Grow tent opinions

Canada Guy

Hello everyone. I am trying to decide between a grow tent that has 600d material vs 1680d. I can't seem to find any solid info regarding if it is actually worth it to spend the extra money on the thicker material. Handled with care would 600d last for a couple years? The tent I'm looking at is a fusion hut as its the most affordable option that looks pretty decent. Anyone with first hand experience care to chime in on this?

Canada Guy were likely in the same boat, looking at the same website. Like you, I figured the fusion huts were the "least expensive good ones". I opted for the 1680d upgrade also because those tents are 6'6", Im 6'1" and wanted to be able to walk into my tent. Im teally happy I pulled the trigger. They are great, and if I had gone "name brand" my setup would be a lot smaller.

I just got an Urban Farmer 4x4 off Amazon for $90, and I thought that was cheap. Price is definitely coming down on these things. This was all metal construction, double-sleeved vents, velcro-close-able intake flaps, and two access hatches on the sides.

It seems like most of the cheap ones are being made based on the same template. Vivosun and Apollo make similar ones, but for about $30 more.

Meanwhile the no-name eBay tent my buddy got several years ago, for undoubtedly less than $100, is still holding up pretty well. I'd spring for the all metal construction though.

IMG_20170407_190751.jpg

The tents I bought were 50$ on Amazon and compare to my 400$ tent. Never again will I over pay.
Which tent is that? I just need something that will hold the hood, fan, filter, and ducting without collapsing and squishing my plants. Also light proof and rugged enough for a couple years worth of grows. It will most likely be taken down and moved and set up again several times between grows. Looking for a 4x8 if that matters at all.

Canada Guy were likely in the same boat, looking at the same website. Like you, I figured the fusion huts were the "least expensive good ones". I opted for the 1680d upgrade also because those tents are 6'6", Im 6'1" and wanted to be able to walk into my tent. Im teally happy I pulled the trigger. They are great, and if I had gone "name brand" my setup would be a lot smaller.
Did you get a kit or just the tent?

Not that material thickness is not important in a tent, both for longevity and Light proofing, But I also choose my own tent for the quality of the Zippers as well! Metal is a must, as are STEEL poles and corners! I would rather pay a few dollars more now than have heartburn later!
\My choices are Vivosun and Apollo.(probably the same maker.) Versatility is also very important ie: venting and ability to hang heavy stuff from the ceiling (ie: carbon scrubber).

Yeah 600d is plenty good for 3-4 years hard use(moving around alot) my 2x2x4 were only 50$. Alot of these companies buy from the same warehouse and add a so on patch to the top of the tent. Absolutely no other changes except the price tag. My gorilla tent looks EXACTLY the same as my value box. I mean EXACTLY. All metal, 600d, plenty of ports for anything you need. Has all the stuff expensive tents do except cheaper.

Yeah 600d is plenty good for 3-4 years hard use(moving around alot) my 2x2x4 were only 50$. Alot of these companies buy from the same warehouse and add a so on patch to the top of the tent. Absolutely no other changes except the price tag. My gorilla tent looks EXACTLY the same as my value box. I mean EXACTLY. All metal, 600d, plenty of ports for anything you need. Has all the stuff expensive tents do except cheaper.
I don't see a valuebox in a 4x8. I am noticing that a lot of tents are all very similar. If 600d is adequate I will save a couple bucks and not worry about the 1680d.

Your not gonna care once you get it. Trust me it's just another way to make another dollar off someone who doesn't know (first time buyers) 600 has been plenty for a long time. old Tents don't just become ineffective because they choose to add something non necessary to the new ones. Now if you find one that waters the plants for you, let me know

Back
Top Bottom