How long do regular non feminized seeds need to veg

growingfree

How do fellow growers, 2nd grow, 1st was a learner got lots of lessons from it. Was wondering, am waiting for my babies but in the mean time started a couple reg. babies am about 2 weeks in went from paper towel to nursery dome, then transplanted into 1.5 gal pots using ocean, there all approx 4-5 tall all on third tier of leaf, 18/6 distilled water only, no nutes yet. Can anyone say do reg seed take longer to finish than female autos. Last grow auto 65 days.

how long you planning on vegging them? what height you plan on finishing @? when you put em' to 12/12(flowering) it'll take a couple of weeks to pre flower, then figure a couple months to finish-- n it should be 2x as potent than your auto was... or if it comes out not-so-good, comparable to what your auto was... take your time & learn to nurture your plant... it'll be a little needier than what you grew last...

potency may be subjective--but, NOT when you compare RegularSeedStrains to Auto-FloweringStrains. FYI, i veg 4 2mos. b4 the switch (i go by height vs. age), by the time its hanging to dry... 5 - 5.5 mos have passed... good luck!
Aloha!

That all depends on how big of a bucket you have and the plant's overall gentics. I used 3 gallon buckets so I could only veg for 2 months, but they could have easily veged for much, much longer considering their growth. If you can, get the biggest container you can find and let'em ride out in veg until you or they feel are ready to flower.

8 weeks veg is about average for vegging with soil grows with some growers prefering to wait intill preflowers show & this may varie depending on strain genetics.

Plus flowering time this also varies from indica, hybrid & sativa strains so on average you maybe looking at 4 to 6 months time depending on strain grown...

Seems like a long time don't it... this is where grow style changes things, super cropping techinques can also be deployed to increase yield so ultimately depends on your own agenda to styles used & what is practicule to your spaced used for growing :thumb:

I prefer indica dominate strains they are normally around the 7 to 9 week flowering time & some can finsh as early as 6 weeks if growing enviroment is optimal & if grown in a perpetual style you can maintain a harvest every 2 months :high-five:

Requires a seperate vegging tent & flowering tent tho, so you are vegging the next batch of girls whilst the others are flowering rinse 'n' repeat.

Hydroponic grows are known to support faster vegitive growth of only a few weeks to shorten total time involved but requires more planning for a perpetual system.

Back
Top Bottom