How many LED lights (platin led maybe) for 3 x 3 meters grow tent. (9.8 x 9.8 feet)

mxxxs

Hello everyone ,
I want to set up my grow tent with LED lights. (Tent 3x3 meters / 9.8 x 9.8 feet)
I want to grow with Platin LED lights if they're fine read only good things about them yet.
How many lights do you think should I use? I'd say I should go for the P450 but not sure....
Any advice ?
regards

Re: How many LED lights (platin led maybe) for 3 x 3 meters grow tent. (9.8 x 9.8 fee

Hello everyone ,
I want to set up my grow tent with LED lights. (Tent 3x3 meters / 9.8 x 9.8 feet)
I want to grow with Platin LED lights if they're fine read only good things about them yet.
How many lights do you think should I use? I'd say I should go for the P450 but not sure....
Any advice ?
regards

Well if your budget is unlimited, shoot for at least 1200 watts. LED panels these days are typically underrated to avoid overheating and blowing out, so expect the best by buying 4 units @ 300 w each. It will be expensive, but unfortunately that's how the LED market still is after all these years... You can check out my grow, I use only one FANLESS LED lamp @ 400 watts for a 1x1 meter area and it takes the piss out of MH so far.

Re: How many LED lights (platin led maybe) for 3 x 3 meters grow tent. (9.8 x 9.8 fee

EDIT: sorry for double posting

IMG-20150320-00359.jpg

Well if your budget is unlimited, shoot for at least 1200 watts. LED panels these days are typically underrated to avoid overheating and blowing out, so expect the best by buying 4 units @ 300 w each. It will be expensive, but unfortunately that's how the LED market still is after all these years... You can check out my grow, I use only one FANLESS LED lamp @ 400 watts for a 1x1 meter area and it takes the piss out of MH so far.

Do you really think these are enough for 9 square meters? I want to get as much as possible on the growing space but I'm not sure if I should be using a hydroponic system but i think for 9 square meters its quite expensive. But I don't want to use that much elecritcity.
I thought i had to buy atleast 6 or 7 of them.
Well my Budget is limited to 10.000€ about 6.500/7.000€ for lightning.

Do you really think these are enough for 9 square meters? I want to get as much as possible on the growing space but I dont want to use any hydroponic system but without using that much electricity.
I thought i had to buy atleast 6 or 7 of them.
Well my Budget is limited to 10.000€ about 6.500/7.000€ for lightning.

After reviewing a little more about these Platinum LEDs, I concur that 6 x of the 450 watters would do an incredible job. The light is compact and focused due to the optics that each diode has. Go for it M8! Let us know what you've decided.

After reviewing a little more about these Platinum LEDs, I concur that 6 x of the 450 watters would do an incredible job. The light is compact and focused due to the optics that each diode has. Go for it M8! Let us know what you've decided.
Actually they're not even using 450w average power usage 137w Veg / 274w Bloom so I don't think they'll even reach 450watts :p

Actually they're not even using 450w average power usage 137w Veg / 274w Bloom so I don't think they'll even reach 450watts :p

So then he should buy 9... 9 x 274 = 2466 Flowering watts, not too shabby IMO
Don't forget the Air con, good for controlling humidity too.

Don't get so hung up on watts when dealing with leds.

The 450 footprint if 4 ft x 4.5 ft, six would certainly fill that area with pretty bright light in every inch of the room.

Hey Buddy , rule of thumb is approximately 30w to 35w per square foot with LED's.. Thats actual draw from the wall not LED watts

:thumb:

Hey Buddy , rule of thumb is approximately 30w to 35w per square foot with LED's.. Thats actual draw from the wall not LED watts

:thumb:

So assuming to that if my Tent was 10' x 20' it would be 200 square foot , if that's right. So you mean the actually bloom wattage used or do you mean the replacement watts?
Because in case of the bloom wattage I'd need about 22 PlatinumLED P450. And thats a lot :D

In case you meant the replacement watts of 600 watts it would be about 11

I have 2 p450 in a 48inch by 48inch. Seems to work fine. I also have some t5 side lighting but for your setup I would say 5. They are expensive and I havent 100% dialed them in yet at distance but so far im happy with them. I have only vegged in them no flowering yet.

Maybe I just like light, but for a 10x10:

Good: 8 x P600
Better: 6 x P900
Best: 6 x P1200

Can never have to much but 7800$ for 6 P1200 LED is alot to invest in something before testing. I own 2 dont get me wrong there good lights but I havent been 100% convinced yet and they are noisy with the fans if noise is an issue cant imagine what all the fans would be like for 6

Back
Top Bottom