How many plants can i grow with my lighting?

Lighting is more about the area covered and the intensity. If you lollipop the 5 plants you may very well be able to fit them under 150 watts. You basically have ~3sq ft of coverage. So if you can fit your plants into a 1.75' by 1.75' area, then you have enough light for them. A good rule of thumb for min lighting is 50 watts of HPS lighting per sq ft. 65-100 watts per sq for CFLs. (In flowering)

you can grow as many as you can fit under the light. But that does not mean that is the best thing to do. With a 150 watt light I suggest one or two plants in a scrog style type of grow. if this is your first time growing I suggest you take a look here. This will answer a lot of questions you are most likely to have being a noob. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Scrog mean screen of green. If you go to the link I posted you will see threads all about it. you can keep the fluorescents through the whole grow if you want. They do grow plants and can help hids (which are hps or mh) by giving light to the side of the plant. Either way go check out the link and do some reading. That link will answer any question that you may have about growing.

Back
Top Bottom