How many plants in scrog for best yeild?

bmo420

Hey, I'm planning on a scrog for my next grow in a couple of weeks, just wondering peoples opions on if I should grow 8 or 6 fem seeds, my room is 5 feet high 5 feet long and 4 feet wide for a total of about 100 cubic feet. I have a 250w sunhood and a 600w reflector wing, if I do 8 plants the back 2 in the middle : :) :) : would be hard to get to for watering feeding trimming, where as 6 plants (' : : ') I'd have a little room to work with. Would 6 plants produce a higher yeild than 8 seeing as each plant would get more light?

With SCROG, the yield will depend on how well you train the plants to evenly cover the area. What are you using for a screen? I would try to put it on a drip system of some type since you might not be able to reach all the plants individually.

I made my screen from some string line (construction workers use it) and some 2x4s for the frame, what type of drip system? Like a self watering thing? I try to give my plants a dry/wet spell for watering, haven't really got watering down pact yet tho, still in my first grow.

one sativa plant could cover that entire area... even one prolific indica could do it but more like two. That is the beauty of a SCROG you can spread one lady over a wide area.

It will depend on how long you veg for. if you take one plant and veg for a long time while spreading across the whole net you can get a decent weight.
if you take two plants and veg for half the time you can pull off the same weight in less time.
:blunt:

OK ... more info, 8 weeks.

8 weeks is a long time, you will be able to fill the screen with one or two plants of almost any variety

Back
Top Bottom