How much time do you spend on your garden each day?

Vytas

I was curious how much care and pampering you give your garden.

For example I have a friend who has given the plants and even the budded out branches names, and she spends at least an hour a day doting on her 4 or 5 plants. On the other hand, I try to open the door of my greenhouse every morning to check the nute level, but I usually don't go inside. Even then I often go a day or three without even looking at them.

Even counting the time it takes to flush and reload the nute tank I doubt I spend more than an hour a week on the garden. I only have 3 plants, but they are touching the top of the 9foot ceiling and are 6 or 7 feet across. The branches are so heavy with buds that I have over 30 yo-yo's helping hold them up. We just got back from a weeks trip to Zion National Park and the garden did just fine unattended. I am just too busy to be chained to the farm....

So, how long do you folks spend in the garden every day?

5-30 minutes a day. I only have 4 plants but looking each one over for bugs, leaves with issues, moisture content and such takes a little time. Plus just chilling with them can add on minutes or even hours.....they like my company and I like their company......

I gotta sneak another test bud off of them tonight when they are dreaming....so add another couple of minutes for today.

Well let's see I usually spent about. 1/2 hour in morning and 1/5 min at night...so 45 min a day just to check on nuting, insects, thc production...etc....I think it's longer while they are between 2 and 4 weeks cause of lSTing and transplanting And bullshit....

Ahh 1/5 min.....what the hell...sorry amigos that 15 min at night....

I love to watch them grow! I check on them all the time. This is my first grow in 20 years. Now that I have time for growing I love it! :party:

according to the wife........................too much time.

As I learn, I spend less time. On average I would say 60 minutes at first light and another 30 minutes before the night .

In the beginning it was well over 3-4 hrs a day.

I was curious how much care and pampering you give your garden.

For example I have a friend who has given the plants and even the budded out branches names, and she spends at least an hour a day doting on her 4 or 5 plants. On the other hand, I try to open the door of my greenhouse every morning to check the nute level, but I usually don't go inside. Even then I often go a day or three without even looking at them.

Even counting the time it takes to flush and reload the nute tank I doubt I spend more than an hour a week on the garden. I only have 3 plants, but they are touching the top of the 9foot ceiling and are 6 or 7 feet across. The branches are so heavy with buds that I have over 30 yo-yo's helping hold them up. We just got back from a weeks trip to Zion National Park and the garden did just fine unattended. I am just too busy to be chained to the farm....

So, how long do you folks spend in the garden every day?

I spend a lot of time wiht my plants, but far less time than I probably could....I do love hanging out with them, but it seems like that doesn't actually help them grow...and I'm lazy too.

Maybe up to an hour a day???

What a great question to ask for the new ones out there......

About an hour in the morning watering everything (we have food crops too out back) and then about a half hour here or there doing feeds, mixing nutes etc. Some days I can get away with only that 90 minutes for the whole day, but there are other times during harvests or cloning that I can spend the entire day out there or working with my indoor grows.

All depends on what is going on at any given time.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Been spending...:hmmmm:....I dunno - 4~5+ hours a day, lately, tending to my Mystery Queen.

Like an expectant father...

Waiting...

Plucking off as many water-leaves as my fingers can tolerate.

Checking for worms and worm damage/poop...blah blah.

All branches are heavy with buds.

Buds are radiant with a sugary, syrupy glazey looking something or other. It's almost like they're ooooozing, dripping with resin :drool:

Pictures don't do it justice...

Like some exotic candy tree...

Beckoning me...

"Eat me..."

"Eat me..."

Man...

Drivin me nuts.
:drool:

I really enjoy spending time in my garden. I'm still doing some of the construction of my bloom room so I'm in there quite a bit. Still working on my ventilation, trying to get it working how I want it to work. I also came across another light, 600w w/ ballast ect so I had to do a little redesign. I find myself drifting away from working and just looking at/inspecting/talking/singing to my girls! :circle-of-love:

They are going in the flowering room on Tuesday and regrettably, I will be spending less time with them merely because I will have less hours of light in the day. That makes me kinda sad but it's the means to the end.

This is my first grow so I'm sure that the feeling of needing to be there will wear off a bit, but I go at everything I do with 100% heart and devotion and that's one thing that won't wear off. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom