How often to use kelp?

Charmanderrr

Anybody have a good answer for how often is most efficient for the plants to be fed kelp? If it’s powder or liquid does it differ? I was generally using a liquid form maybe 1-2 times a month, Wondering if less often is equally sufficient or if it needs more.
Also, How often does the soil deplete it’s micro nutrients?

Personally I like to use when i transplant for stress but it also helps with cell division in the roots, the roots will web more ,
with autos every 3/4 week in the roots as these are started in final pot
also after topping a week later i will use on the leaves , this will help the plant bush out more with better branching .

Then mid flower i like to boost again with kelp

Also, How often does the soil deplete it’s micro nutrients?
Heavy drain when in full flower but after a rest the microorganisms replenish the available macro and micro nutrients. Kind of like the soil goes into a standby mode waiting for a plant to make the demand for what it needs. If it is a soil mix in containers just how long it takes depends on what is in the mix, etc. No real one size fits all answer to how long and what is needed.

Soil does not expire. It might need to be rejuvenated every now and then. Look at the indoor growers using a Living Organic Soil who do one grow after another.

Soil does not expire. It might need to be rejuvenated every now and then. Look at the indoor growers using a Living Organic Soil who do one grow after another.
How true, dirt will last forever, just keep it clean and feed it occasionally.

I add about a 1/2 cup to 7.5gal (1 cu. ft) of soil at up can. Add a top dress again at 30 days into flower about 1/2 cup. Also ass EWC with kelp MEAL. Also there's 1 cup/ 1cu. ft. already in my soil mix

The liquid kelp products have been heated and loose some of the goodies like PGRs that are in the dried meal versions. So its a different (and mostly water) version. If you want a liquid version you can soak the meal in water over night and strain the liquid off - there's your kelp tea and then put the re-hydrated kelp leftovers as a top dress.

Look for the kelp that is Ascophyllum Nodosum. This is the version you want.

Kelp is good at bio-accumulation including heavy metals that can also be accumulated in cannabis. Using Ascophyllum Nodosum will be the way to go to avoid those contaminants.

Back
Top Bottom