How often to water when trying to get seeds to sprout from soil?

giannid

I germinated my seeds using the paper towel method. After seeing the tape root, I transplanted them to solo cups with a blend of 33% manure, FFHF, and perlite blend and put them under a light. Seeds went in less than an inch and I lightly watered them with spring water, maybe 4 or 5 sprays from a spray bottle. Also covered them with some sandwich bags to keep humidity in as it's dry in the house. They are under a light now.

How often should I water them waiting for them to pop through the surface? After they come through the dirt, how often should I water?

How soon after that can I transplant them to my 3 gallon fabric pots?

a couple of times a day from the sprayer is a wonderful way to do it... ... and then later once they seem to be established in the solo cup, water the whole thing normally. Wait to transplant until they use the entire solo cup saturated with water the first time in 24 hours or less... until then your goal is to grow roots by letting that cup dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings. It will first take 3 days to do this.. and eventually they will do it in 24 hours.

I usually mist em just like that myself and maybe add a Tablespoon or so around the edge of where I plant them

I also never plant them deeper than 1/2"

I usually leave em in the solo for a week or two ish

Back
Top Bottom