I've running 2 of these
20190616_181534.jpg
20190616_181541.jpg
My cupboard is 1600 long by 600 wide

I've running 2 of these
20190616_181534.jpg
20190616_181541.jpg
My cupboard is 1600 long by 600 wide
THAT explains it! I have a 4x2 foot tent with 2 Viparspectra 300R's and a PAR450. In another 4x2 I'm running 2 3000k Quantum Boards that pull 240 watts from the wall versus my Viparspectras that pull 405 watts.
I grew in both tents the same varieties (Purple Kush and Cali Og something or the other;-) The plants in the QB tent were firmer while their rooted tops in the Vipar tent were fluffier (just like they have been in other grows).
It's your light . . . sorry . . . I wasted my money as well on my Viparspectras but they do great for veg, just not flower.

THAT explains it! I have a 4x2 foot tent with 2 Viparspectra 300R's and a PAR450. In another 4x2 I'm running 2 3000k Quantum Boards that pull 240 watts from the wall versus my Viparspectras that pull 405 watts.
I grew in both tents the same varieties (Purple Kush and Cali Og something or the other;-) The plants in the QB tent were firmer while their rooted tops in the Vipar tent were fluffier (just like they have been in other grows).
It's your light . . . sorry . . . I wasted my money as well on my Viparspectras but they do great for veg, just not flower.
Yet I grew this under basically the same light.

Sorry but theres nothing wrong with the Viparspectra in general, they do tend to have a higher blue spectrum but overall they aren't that bad.
You are correct that the Viparspectra is really good for veg, but with just a bit of red spectrum supplementation they work fine. In my case I used a companion Mars Hydro Reflector 96 that is red heavy.
20170907_210112.jpg

What the LM 301B has is better efficiency but they need to be supplemented with red spectrum just like the Viparspectra does.
The Quantum boards or really any light using that Samsung diode is clearly a better option but they are also more expensive.
My next light I plan to build myself with PLC Photoboost strips.
That will cost about $450 for around 390 watts.

Yet I grew this under basically the same light.

Sorry but theres nothing wrong with the Viparspectra in general, they do tend to have a higher blue spectrum but overall they aren't that bad.
You are correct that the Viparspectra is really good for veg, but with just a bit of red spectrum supplementation they work fine.
20170907_210112.jpg

What the LM 301B has is better efficiency but they need to be supplemented with red spectrum just like the Viparspectra does.
That's why I bought the 2 300R's for their promised Red spectrum. Don't get me wrong, the bud in my Vipar tent is perfectly acceptable it just isn't as dense. Perhaps they were BS-ing about the "R" ;) and real supplementation would work better but that tent is hot enough compared to the QB tent, the last thing I need is another heat source.

received_487272245177019.jpeg

My buds are thick and full, not airy at all.
I'm over the moon with how there finishing up!
Shit this time last year was the first time i smoked buds that wasn't just called Hydro and that was a proper strain.
Ive only been growing for a year and my first grow were autos and they were that airy that when u chopped up they farted
I really just like the sound of hard nuggets in the grinder when i Chop up

The next best thing to a light is... another light. Seriously, there's no "light in a bottle." That's just another flowering supplement. They're not all the same, but they're all similar. IF your plants are lacking in phosphorous and potassium, they can help.

There was a big stink about Rock (brand) back in... 2010, I think, and the company was forced to stop putting (a lot of?) the PGRs in their products. But I was never clear on whether that applied across the board, or just to the versions of the products that they sold in Australia.

It's mainly phosphorous and potassium. If you're bound and determined to get a product of this sort without first figuring out whether your plants actually need it, buy some House & Garden Shooting Powder, Canna PK 13/14, or General Hydroponics KoolBloom.

So far, you haven't told us what kind of lighting you use, how many watts of it, its distance from your plants, the size of your grow space (so we can help you figure out if you have enough light in that space), haven't posted any pictures of your plants, haven't told us what strain(s) you're growing so someone can maybe have a hope of knowing what would be considered to be a normal density, haven't clued us in on your grow space temperatures (too hot = airy buds), haven't... posted anything, really, other than that you want denser buds. You seem to be an alright sort of guy and all, but I'm starting to wonder if what you're really looking for is someone to smile, nod, and say, "Yeah, bud, get yourself some kind of flowering booster and you'll have super-dense buds."

I could do that, but with no more information than you've posted, I'd be more likely to do so if I was mad at you than if I was trying to actually help you, lol.

I've got a buddy that hadn't grown cannabis in years before this year. He grew one plant this time. He was sending me pictures about once per week. "Does it look okay?" Next week, more pictures. "How does it look to you?" Another week, another set of pictures. "Do you see any problems?" And he didn't even think there was anything wrong; he just wasn't positive and wanted another set of eyes and a second opinion. I also knew the size of the grow space, knew the exact model of light he was using (because I had asked one of our friends fellow forum member to win it for him, lol), knew the size of the container, type and mixture of the medium, type of nutrient and how much of it, et cetera because I pretty much supplied everything including the seed - otherwise, he'd have given me all that information without my having to ask, let alone having to try to pull it out of him like I was trying to extract a good deed from a politician :rolleyes: . Do you understand what I'm getting at, here?

Go to a doctor and say, "Doc, I don't feel good. Can you fix me?" Then refuse to supply any information and see how the visit goes. I'm just saying.

Last time I threw a party, a couple of chicks were playing around with my crystal ball and it rolled right off the table and shattered. Thief got my ouija board, and I bent my dowsing rod whilst using it to scratch my back. And I'm not butchering any more animals just to haul out handfuls of their entrails; someone from PETA always ends coming around and I'm getting too old to keep digging six-foot deep holes in the yard. . . .
The next best thing to a light is... another light. Seriously, there's no "light in a bottle." That's just another flowering supplement. They're not all the same, but they're all similar. IF your plants are lacking in phosphorous and potassium, they can help.

There was a big stink about Rock (brand) back in... 2010, I think, and the company was forced to stop putting (a lot of?) the PGRs in their products. But I was never clear on whether that applied across the board, or just to the versions of the products that they sold in Australia.

It's mainly phosphorous and potassium. If you're bound and determined to get a product of this sort without first figuring out whether your plants actually need it, buy some House & Garden Shooting Powder, Canna PK 13/14, or General Hydroponics KoolBloom.

So far, you haven't told us what kind of lighting you use, how many watts of it, its distance from your plants, the size of your grow space (so we can help you figure out if you have enough light in that space), haven't posted any pictures of your plants, haven't told us what strain(s) you're growing so someone can maybe have a hope of knowing what would be considered to be a normal density, haven't clued us in on your grow space temperatures (too hot = airy buds), haven't... posted anything, really, other than that you want denser buds. You seem to be an alright sort of guy and all, but I'm starting to wonder if what you're really looking for is someone to smile, nod, and say, "Yeah, bud, get yourself some kind of flowering booster and you'll have super-dense buds."

I could do that, but with no more information than you've posted, I'd be more likely to do so if I was mad at you than if I was trying to actually help you, lol.

I've got a buddy that hadn't grown cannabis in years before this year. He grew one plant this time. He was sending me pictures about once per week. "Does it look okay?" Next week, more pictures. "How does it look to you?" Another week, another set of pictures. "Do you see any problems?" And he didn't even think there was anything wrong; he just wasn't positive and wanted another set of eyes and a second opinion. I also knew the size of the grow space, knew the exact model of light he was using (because I had asked one of our friends fellow forum member to win it for him, lol), knew the size of the container, type and mixture of the medium, type of nutrient and how much of it, et cetera because I pretty much supplied everything including the seed - otherwise, he'd have given me all that information without my having to ask, let alone having to try to pull it out of him like I was trying to extract a good deed from a politician :rolleyes: . Do you understand what I'm getting at, here?

Go to a doctor and say, "Doc, I don't feel good. Can you fix me?" Then refuse to supply any information and see how the visit goes. I'm just saying.

Last time I threw a party, a couple of chicks were playing around with my crystal ball and it rolled right off the table and shattered. Thief got my ouija board, and I bent my dowsing rod whilst using it to scratch my back. And I'm not butchering any more animals just to haul out handfuls of their entrails; someone from PETA always ends coming around and I'm getting too old to keep digging six-foot deep holes in the yard. . . .

@TorturedSoul, Mate I'm still new to growing and learning with every question. THAT WHY ASK THEM
If i wanted a smart ass answer to anything i would of just spoke to the wife

It would of been a lot easier just to ask what lights i use and instead of writing a novel that i threw away halfway through because it started out out all guns and glory that changed to a story about unicorns
No need for assholes in this world when your just trying to learn something

Ah. May you get all the help you deserve, then. Or better yet, some help.

Good luck.

I appreciate and try to take in everything that I'm reading and i wouldn't gotten to where i have in my short growing life without thenpeople on this forum
@TorturedSoul i do need some help mate and i still hope u are still happy to share what you know with me when im in need of a bit of advice
I'm just over negativity and people being assholes for no reason
Sorry if it offended you

Back
Top Bottom