How to make my roots grow?

James427

Hello all I have 2 Fem WW at around day 53 from seed. They where in 1 gal smart pots but I heard you can transplant them into Thier bigger pots simply dropping them in and they will grow roots right through the old one. Well they had a pretty major set back about 2-3 weeks ago when my fresh air intake was closed sending my temps way to high for 2 days. Now they are doing much better but are growing pretty slow. I think I maybe over watering. Here's how I have been watering. Every 2-4 days when the first few inches of soils is damp or dry I'll lightly water on top outside the smaller pot and a little heavier inside the smaller pot where the rootball is. Now being they have been in their for 2+ weeks and haven't shown to much growth I pulled one of the 1 gal pots out of the 7 gal to see if it was actually growing roots and confirmed my suspicions. The soil near the bottom was drenched and there was a few small roots breaking through the smaller pot but haven't grown to much I think because I'm keeping the soil to moist. Then last time I let the soil dry to the point the containers where light it was over a week. My question is to get them to really establish Thier root system in the new pot should I only water outside the small pot in a circle kind of like a seedling in a large container? Or is it best to just really let it dry out all the way through even though the root ball will be dry way before the soil near the bottom? I don't know if they can go a week but maybe it will force those roots to grow into the new soil. Any input on this is greatly appreciated because I am pretty confused.

hello James247. I would say you are over watering. Water round outside edge of old pot and towards edge of new pot. you want the old existing roots to go looking for water and they will sense it through the old container and break through and thrive. Pick the container up and see how heavy it is that the best test never mind how much time has past overwatering will slow and stunt plants. have patience and hopefully you will reap the rewards. regards

hello James247. I would say you are over watering. Water round outside edge of old pot and towards edge of new pot. you want the old existing roots to go looking for water and they will sense it through the old container and break through and thrive. Pick the container up and see how heavy it is that the best test never mind how much time has past overwatering will slow and stunt plants. have patience and hopefully you will reap the rewards. regards

Exactly.
Cannabis grows best is dryish, arid soil.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you for the replies. That's exactly the advice I needed. I was just worried letting the main root ball dry would do more bad than good. Again thanks I'll post my results at a later date.

Back
Top Bottom