Roots!

boohoosmokes

HI GUYS ..

my plants are 2 weeks old today from seed there in 5 liter pots ..on 2 of the pots ..baby roots are coming out from the bottem of one of the holes all ready ? what do i do ..as i dont want roots growing all over my tent ..heeelllppp :420:

Hi again boohoosmokes.

I wouldn't worry too much about a few roots protruding but if you think the whole root ball is sufficiently developed you could transplant them to larger containers. I'd be surprised if in just two weeks they have filled a five liter container though.

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I absolutely believe you have roots coming out of the bottom of the pot. I was referring to their being enough root mass to create a root ball that will hold together well enough to transplant. If transplanted before a decent root zone that holds together, plants will often go through a transplant shock where they appear to stop growing for a time and I was trying to help you avoid that by suggesting that your plants would be okay for a while longer.

here is how all of them are looking i hope they look ok to you lot ..this is my first grow im only 28 so i dont know as mutch as you old farts lol ;) ..so i hope im doing ok ..iv started there proper feed today as there bang on 2 weeks old today ;)
20131121_185819.jpg
20131121_185727.jpg
20131121_185841.jpg

Looks good man! I would say they should be good in their current pots for anout 1-2 weeks more. Ny then the roots should have filled in the pot nicely.

i want them about 3 feet overal is that ok ..im looking to get about ..3 oz of each plant .6 week veg 10 week flower ..with my 600watt ...nutrients ..sensie grow/bloom ..great white ..and buddhas tree pk ....what you recon people??

how long then ? come on tell me guys? ..i got pineapple chunk wich takes ages to flower ..and i only want 3 oz of each plant ;( ..come on ..tell me im learning of you lot lol ...

If ur goal is3oz per plant u should geh them about 2-3ft high in veg. Im not sure how dense ur strain is but at least 2ft tall should be a good start for ur goal. Just remember that they will prolly double in height (when their done) after u switch to flower

Boohoo,

Your plants do look great. Congrats.

I'd like to suggest that you consider eventually getting them into a pot in the 10- 14 liter size. As Blazinazn mentioned, the more room the roots have to spread out, the more numerous and larger your buds and yield will be. To accomplish 3 oz's per plant I believe your going to want your plants to get to at least 3 ft and to support that size canopy you'll want a bigger root system. This is an area where bigger is better.

I know visually 3 oz's of dried smoke doesn't look like it would be hard to produce. However, so much water weight is lost during the drying and curing process that it really does take more than you might think. Buds will lose somewhere around 75% of their weight during drying. You'll need around 12 oz's of wet bud to arrive at 3 oz's of dry.

so what do you recon i will get out of my 5 liter and when will i know to stick it in to bud?? i have no ider about that bit im just doing the growin stage in my tent under my 600 at the moment so how money weeks shell i do it i have no money for any more pots and soil :( ..shot my self in the foot abit lol

Back
Top Bottom