How to raise Ph from 5 to 6.5-7?

pbguy357

A quick question, how do I raise the Ph from 5 to 6.5-7? I looked in the stickies and found adding viniger and lemon juice can lower it but how do I raise it?

If you're using soil, powdered dolomite lime will work well, plus it adds some beneficial minerals to the medium. It's kinda slow acting so it takes a few days to bring up the PH. Just scratch in a tbls or two into the surface of the medium and water in with some 6.7-6.8 H2O.

For faster acting, you can try hydrated lime, but be careful with that stuff. It can raise the PH fast and could possibly damage your plants if over used.

:peace:

Harry

A quick question, how do I raise the Ph from 5 to 6.5-7? I looked in the stickies and found adding viniger and lemon juice can lower it but how do I raise it?
Why do you need to raise it? That's odd to begin with. What is your medium or set up? Most grows require PH down not up.
Now for the uup...Quit looking for the cheap homegrown fix and buy the correct stuff. PH up isn't that expensive and will last you for years. If your going to do things, do them right.

Seemed like I was having some problems, I don't know if you seen my other thread or not but some of my leaves were getting these brown/gold round spots on them. I had a pest problem so it seemed like this was the issue but I fixed it and it seemed like it was still getting worse so I bought a Ph tester and the Ph was at 5.

Are you soil or hydro? Plus you do realize that when you fix a problem your not changing the leaves/parts that are already damaged right? You cannot undo damage already done. All you can do is judge corrections by looking at new growth. A yellow limp half dead leaf will not green back up just from adding or correcting a problem.

Growing soil, and I know this, but I'm just trying to fix this problem because 2 nodes of the 7 leafets has these lil brown dots on them and the preflowers seems like they are starting to get them to. The soil ph tester said the ph was at 4.8 to 5 so I'm going to try to raise the ph to 6 6.5 and if this problem occurs I'm going to move them to see if it is the pest problem or should I move it first?

Back
Top Bottom