How to vent HID Lamps?

sportsman9987

Just curious...

Iv never owned a HID lamp kit with ballast/reflector/bulb/ and everything and i was just wondering if someone could educate me on how one goes about venting the light? For my venting in my closet i have a fan sending air up to the attic which goes outdoors. Would i need to somehow incorporate my venting into the light or how exactly does it work? Once i can get enough money i plan on getting a 400 Watt HPS for flowering from High Tech Garden Supply.

Here was my solution....
I vent everything out through my bathroom ceiling fan. I made a box that is sealed to the ceiling with two 4" exhaust hoses. One from the room and one from the light. each has a flapper that only opens when the fan pressure is on. In the center of the box between the flappers is a two sided ramp that makes the air from each hose shoot upwards. it's my own custom design and has been in use for over 3 years straight now.lol Here's a drawing.
celing_vent.jpg

4" Vortex fresh air intake and a 4" Vortex exhaust above the door leading into the utility duct work> 6" into a 4" exhaust off a 600whps to ventilate lamp system>
Fresh in ventilate out

my fresh in is one 4" in from a window and 3 other 4" intakes in from the bathroom. All passive to control odor. Neutral or positive air flows allows odors to escape easier. My exhaust fan is a 8" elicent ducted down to a 4" through my own invention called a bucket adapter. It's a 5gallon bucket with the fan hooked to a 8" straight duct sealed to the lid and a 4" straight duct sealed to the other end. Here is a drawing of the adapter. the reason for the straight over the reducers was that the pipe pieces were a couple bucks together but the reducers were like 7 or 8 bucks each and i would need 2 of them. 8 to 6 and 6 to 4. The 5 gallon bucket and lid was $5.00 with the lid. All together with the bucket, lid and duct pieces it was the same as one reducer was. I've used 2 gallon buckets and lids too too.
bucket_adapter.jpg

Back
Top Bottom