3rd Grow - GDP, Blue Rhino, NL#5, Lemon Kush

StuntmanMike

So my 2nd grow made me ~38g of GrandDaddy Purp and 135g of Blue Rhino. I've since built a new, 6'x6'x4' cabinet for my vegging plants, and I'm now growing them in bubble buckets.

Here's how the garden looks as of last night. I finally got the mylar up and got the space cleaned up. They're under 1000w, but it stays nice and cool with a strong blower pushing a lot of air past the bulb. I have a 2nd fan and passive intakes for room ventilation. I want to install a CO2 system as well, and plan on building a 2nd cabinet for flowering.
2010-03-12_19_38_16_Medium_.jpg

The roots are loving the new bubble buckets

IMG_3776_Medium_.jpg

IMG_3775_Medium_.jpg

IMG_3774_Medium_.jpg

I bought a cheap 1/8th of some Lemon Kush from the club, I got a good 40+ seeds out of it. I got a good price on it since it was so seedy, it was still good bud and just about every seed is good. I had 6 seedlings but accidentally let the cubes dry out and wiped out all but 2. This is the strongest seedling, when they dried out this was the only one still looking decent. There is another seedling but it seems to have been stunted by the stress. What ppm should I be feeding a seedling such as this?
IMG_3778_Medium_.jpg

My Northern Lights seeds came from the same site my BR did. I tried the paper towel method but didn't get hardly any germination. I ended up with 3 seedlings, all showed female preflowers. But then they got root rot :( While in the process of building the cabinet they had to stay in the hot closet, ~90* at some times. I've got the plants recovering but they look like weird, ancient plants more than they look like cannabis. I cut off the leaves that were dead/dying. I tried training the plants down a bit before they started goin south, which doesn't help with the appearance.
20100313124013medium.jpg

Worrying that I may lose the genetics, I pulled the best looking plant out of the big cube and just left the small plug of rockwool as a root ball. I put it back into my clone box in the closet and cut the two tops off for clones. I'm still waiting for them to root, I hope they do.
20100313124017medium.jpg

looking good, how do you like the buckets?
Are those all individual buckets or do they all get supplied from a common reservoir?
Do they each have their own air stone? pump?

looking good, how do you like the buckets?
Are those all individual buckets or do they all get supplied from a common reservoir?
Do they each have their own air stone? pump?

The buckets are good because now, instead of the plants all together like the ebb/flow from my 2nd grow, they're all separate. I can flower and harvest the plants individually, as well as setting up a perpetual grow. If I space them out a few weeks apart, I'll harvest them every few weeks instead of all at once. As long as I replace every plant that's harvested with a new clone from veg, I'll stay at my legal plant limit and never be dry :yahoo: That's to come, though.

I have one pump for the 6 buckets, each one has its own airstone. They're getting a lot of bubbles, and the roots and plants are flourishing.

Got a new strain yesterday, Blue Sky Cotton Candy :D

IMG_3822_Medium_.JPG

It's apparnently an 80/20 sativa dominant strain, which is exactly what I wanted. The other strains I have are all mostly or completely indica, I've developed a liking for sativa and wanted to see how small I could keep one in my system. I've got a big cube soaking right now, into which this plug will go and then it can go under the 1000w and into a bubble bucket :D :D :D

From what I could find, the strain is from Oaksterdam and is a mix of Mendo Purps and Sweet Pink Greatfruit.

StuntmanMike, :welldone: Like what going on here Brother. Blue Rhino (Blueberry, White Rhino) Is that right? Love that Blue Sky Cotton Candy sounds so :yummy: ! What is the medium you are using for Cotton Candy Cups?
Enjoying the show thanks for sharing. :clap:
Growin' Strong! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom