HPA design

headoff

420 Member
Im thinking to make root chamber from XPS(styrofoam).
Is that good idea and what will be the ideal root chamber dimensions.Also i think will use lechler hollow cone nozzles 0.35mm. wich is 0.073L/min or 4.38L/hour,they are ceramic.
What will be the ideal nozzle position, top or down ?
Pump will be 150psi, set to 100-125psi.
Is it better to have separate root chamber for every plant or one big ?
I will have 4 plants under 600w LED.

soil guy, so dont know crap about aeroponics. weed roots love air but not exposure to light….. go black, black out the styrofoam, use black water & air tubing lines….. helps prevent algae

plants like elbow room, expect same is true for roots. if allowed roots from different plants will get tangled, we have seen that right here before… but if 1 gets slime or root rot puts the others at risk. my vote would be - separate chambers….. but if not point being don’t cram 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag and expect it to run smooth.

Got enzyme? prolly need hydroguard in US or Z9 in Canada

oh yeah…. @Joshualuck was doing aeroponics a while back, see if he will jump in here

welcome to 420 headoff

Do you think 12mm of XPS will allow light to penetrate, or even 6 ?....Of course i can put orca film on styrofoam and make it super reflective...but this is not my question.

Im thinking to make root chamber from XPS(styrofoam).
Is that good idea and what will be the ideal root chamber dimensions.Also i think will use lechler hollow cone nozzles 0.35mm. wich is 0.073L/min or 4.38L/hour,they are ceramic.
What will be the ideal nozzle position, top or down ?
Pump will be 150psi, set to 100-125psi.
Is it better to have separate root chamber for every plant or one big ?
I will have 4 plants under 600w LED.

Better to have each plant of their own chamber, the roots will outgrow the chamber. It seems to be best to use large rectangular containers at least 50 gallons or greater. The roots will sit at the bottom of the chamber and spread out and has more surface area for the mist to reach the roots. You could also use a 5 gallon bucket system but has to be stacked, like 3 buckets stacked up or use a large tall garbage container of some sort.

The best HPA aeroponics grow I have ever seen in the past 10 years is done by a user named "leblanca", luckily hes on this forum, search him and look up his thread for indica or sativa HPA aeroponics grow journal.

Have the nozzle facing a bit towards downwards but centered, all the roots will be at the bottom. You would also want to be able to easily adjust the nozzle position whenever needed. Two nozzles for each container is more than enough.
Have one nozzle on each farthest sides facing each other.

Get the misting nozzles from "Agrihouse", these guys sponsored by NASA and invented the aeroponics system. $5 for 2 pieces.

Get a booster pump from "aquatec" rated at 130-150PSI.
Also get a large accumulator tank.

Back
Top Bottom