HPS 600W or 1000W? Help!

cabeto86

420 Member
Hi there, Im so ready for my second setup, something more professional LOL. So I bought a 2' x 4' Gorilla grow tent and the Sun System Yield Maste II 6" Classic. i have understood that the ideal amount un lumens is 10.000 per sq feet. In my case about 80.000 lumens (for 8 sq feet), i can get about 88.000 lumens with a 600W hps but what about if I use one 1000W ( about 145.000 lumens). Any Problem if you provide more than 10.000 lumens per sq feet?

Any suggestion between Sun System Budget Gro Grow Ii Swbl 1000W and Lumatek Air cooled 1000W. ??

Any suggestion for Bulbs, HPS and MH. ??? i need to buy somes of then, everything is comming overseas. not really easy to get in my Country

Thanks in advanced King mans. Blessed

600w light would be ideal for your setup mukker, heat is gonna be the issue so maybe a cooltube or other ways to keep the temps down. also instead of mh or hps buy a dual spectrum hps bulb which means you dont need to over spend on a mh/hps ballast

600w light would be ideal for your setup mukker, heat is gonna be the issue so maybe a cooltube or other ways to keep the temps down. also instead of mh or hps buy a dual spectrum hps bulb which means you dont need to over spend on a mh/hps ballast

Im going to use Fans toto get fresh air and other as extractor with carbon filter, also im going to run fresh air thru the the lamp with 6" pipe from one side to the other of the tent.

If you plan to grow for a while get the 1000w setup because it's likely dimmable so you can essentially run 600w if you need to or want to. Then if you want to run 1000w you still can without buying more gear.

What you'll find is that the 1000w is likely too hot unless you get some awesome ventilation going which is more electricity for less plants considering the size of the tent.

So 500w - 750w would likely suit things a bit better, likely the 500w would be the most ideal.

If you don't plan on expanding grows or not sure, get the 600w

Bulbs, same scenario. Doing it for a while? Get both. Not sure? Get HPS

Hi. I have a similar question. I own a 5 x 5 black box tent. 140 x 140 x 200. I've done 20 plants in a yaroots hydro set-up. I had a sonlight ballast and a 600 hps LED. The 20 plants were in 6.5L pots. I'm now going to do another round of ladies. Maybe you guys can help me out a bit. I'm thinking of doing 16 plants in 11L pots, but with 2 x 600 HPS lamps. I have a Carbon Filter - 365m3/hr - 12,5cm. And 1 little fan, as well as a larger fan.
On my first go (20 plants) I got close to 400g dried and trimmed. Will my plants yield more from another 600 hps LED? I've read that 117.000 lumen per 2m is perfect. So my 2 sonligt 600 hps will provide 180.000 in total, a bit more than the maximum.
What would you guys recommend? Sorry I should maybe have opened my own thread, but I'm new and don't really know how to use the forum that well.

Regards TS

Back
Top Bottom