HPS to LED - My experiences (and continued experiences) and input from others

iamcyclopseat

So Ive started to make the conversion to LED. I just installed a P450 5 days ago. Ive been using a 1000w Eye Hortilux HPS powered by a Minolux ballast. My room is not optimal in size at all, only 24"x60". I have previously yielded almost 20 ounces of RP OG #18 (my best so far). Im trying to get further than that. I am currently growing Critical Kush which is supposed to yield a little better.

Ive moved the 1000w HPS over to cover a 3'x2' area and am covering 2'x2' (hps slightly overlapping) with the P450 from Platinum LED. I know its early, but the plants are starting to come to life. Even in the 5 days, the HPS is showing much better growth. I know the LED is only supposed to rival a 600w HPS, but it is also covering 2 sq ft less. I have hope for the LED and really hope it comes around. Maybe the plants just need to adjust.

Re: HPS to LED. My experiences (and continued experiences) and input from others.

Be patient, five days man. I know it's tough. Many are watching including me, so, keep it real.

Btw, I know nothing about your lights, set up, or if it works.... I'm just sayin

Good luck, five days is not much in lIfe.

:allgood:

Re: HPS to LED. My experiences (and continued experiences) and input from others.

Good evening iamcyclopseat!:welcome:

Allow me to welcome you to the best place on the net to be if you own a Platinum led! (note to self... start writing rap hooks):rofl:
I am certain you have seen what others have done with that P450 in other journals, if not please look up Curso.
You don't mention in your post at what stage you are in veg/flower.
Also, it is helpful to note that it may be a bit unfair after 5 days to compare the results of the p450 to a 1k HID but i will tell you this as an owner of a P300: These lights penetrate very well and after all is said and done Im pretty sure you wont be disappointed.
I am looking to use a P450 for my next grow and If you are disappointed Ill make you an offer for yours. :goodluck:

Yeah, I understand 5 days is not long which is why it will be on going. I still have plenty of hope but just by the looks, that HPS is might strong. I know the LED's are blinding, its just hard to believe they are better than HPS at this moment. We will see how the grow turns out.

I am at 22 days currently from 18/6 to 12/12 switch. The LED was added on day 17.

Mine is the other way around..coming from a 1000w hps.. And replacing it with a mars 2 1200w.. In a week under the led ive seen a crazy amount of growth during flowering. I guess its different for everyone,you just have to find what works better for your style and everybody's is different. Only thing I'm noticing that's different sofar between the 2.. My plants were way more frosty under the hps, I am using different strains now since the switch but maybe its to early to make such comments.. Still have 3 weeks til harvest.

Back
Top Bottom