HPS! x2 400w?

shmicky

just a quick 1 bout lights = will x2 400w 50.000-55.000lm be better than x1 600w at 95.000lm??? will the x2 give more light spread for my girls in flower ?

any help would be g8!:peacetwo:

Re: HPS! x2 400w ???

I dunno about your space etc. but 600W ist the most efficient lamp for our hobby. If you can illuminate your space with 1 600W (get an "Adjust-A-Wing" reflector) than use it. If you need 2 lights at all costs think about getting 2 600W ^^ if possible :)

Re: HPS! x2 400w ???

I dunno about your space etc. but 600W ist the most efficient lamp for our hobby. If you can illuminate your space with 1 600W (get an "Adjust-A-Wing" reflector) than use it. If you need 2 lights at all costs think about getting 2 600W ^^ if possible :)

will only be budding 4 at a time in 18l pots x2 400w per 4 plants with wings side by side (euro wing's).
with 120-120-200m per side a x1 400w wuold simply not be enuff coverage for the veg side as a 600w, the x2 400w's at distance of 60-80cm gives plenty of light 2 cover all 120-120 (lots plenty to the lower canopy also) i am trying to gather funds for a x1 - 1000w for the flower room (easyer said than dun!) lol.
hear is a plan of my setup with light & pot layout.
TENT_LAYOUT.JPG
pot_layout.JPG

i will get some pic's up soon to show light differance :thumb::peacetwo:

Two 400-watt bulbs will give you a little more light than a single 600-watt bulb. It will also give you a somewhat larger footprint (other things being the same).

But the 600-watt bulb will have markedly better penetration into your canopy. One good 600-watt setup will be cheaper to purchase and cheaper to run than two good 400-watt setups.

If you are considering spending the money on two 400-watt setups, you might think about a single 600-watt one with a light-mover.

Two 400-watt bulbs will give you a little more light than a single 600-watt bulb. It will also give you a somewhat larger footprint (other things being the same).

But the 600-watt bulb will have markedly better penetration into your canopy. One good 600-watt setup will be cheaper to purchase and cheaper to run than two good 400-watt setups.

If you are considering spending the money on two 400-watt setups, you might think about a single 600-watt one with a light-mover.

hi thanx for the post:thumb:
the 2 drawings up above are what i have set up now with a single 600w hps with a summerstar bulb in the VEG room and the 2 400w in the BUDDING room r grolux hps.
i have 10 plant's in veg now and 2 in flower (i was given the 2-400w hps's as they r old school ballast's)(work perfect with new bulbs tho!).
also i have a 600w MH bulb to fit the hps? bt they seem t like the hps better!

well after a lot of thinking i have decided to go with a 400w hps grolux for VEG room
and 600w hps summerstar for FLOWERING!
shoul end up with some sweet weed, thanx for the help on making my mind up ppl :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom