Humidifier Cleaners?

Hayron1088

Ok so I know I post a lot of questions(sorry) but I have yet another one before I make the purchase. Posted below is a snapshot of tablets I’m looking at online. Do they work? My water is terrible so I don’t want to put it through my new humidifiers and i definitely don’t want to buy distilled as I go through atleast 30 gallons a week. Has anyone used this type of product for their humidifiers? In the picture it says something about silver ion, would that be harmful? I have alot invested in humidity control so I don’t want to make a bad decision.
98A9635C-47A4-4E3F-B91A-92F186D41812.png

What’s up Hayron??

Bought a new humidifier in December and it had 2 of those similar type tablets included in the package. Not sure if the ones that came in the package are silver ion? I used the humidifier heavily over the winter months. I’m on well water and have never tested it. I’m not sure if tablets had any impact whether good or bad…wish I had more on that.

ever look at RO Buddy, supposed to be cheap route to get there but IDK. As mentioned I’m on well water figured it was plenty wet and never went beyond that :cheesygrinsmiley:

What’s up Hayron??

Bought a new humidifier in December and it had 2 of those similar type tablets included in the package. Not sure if the ones that came in the package are silver ion? I used the humidifier heavily over the winter months. I’m on well water and have never tested it. I’m not sure if tablets had any impact whether good or bad…wish I had more on that.

ever look at RO Buddy, supposed to be cheap route to get there but IDK. As mentioned I’m on well water figured it was plenty wet and never went beyond that :cheesygrinsmiley:
RO buddy? Never heard of that but will check it out. My water is horrible and always comes out atleast 8.4-8.5 too. I just don’t want to ruin my humidifiers!

I have to clean mine out every week now after losing a few. (just lost another did last over 2 years running a lot)
White vingar seems to do the trick with a scub.
Also descaler when i have it.
Still dont end up lasting more than 2/3 years never bought one which was more than £50 so that also might be why.
Hard water were im at takes out washing machines pretty wash if not cared for.
So RO water or bottle is the only real way i feel as already said cant see those beans completely stopping it.
Now i look how easy they are to clean first before any other feature before i buy.

Hope that helps some
:)

Back
Top Bottom