Hydro Help

Dubnlove

Finally moved into our own place away from all the clutter. We are looking into starting up some hydro plants. Been doing our research but are coming up short on some things. First off. We currently are looking at growing 6 plants all falling in the same atmosphere. In a nice walk in closet. Question is. We fear building our own. Just cause we are fairly new to it. And secondly, we dont really know what we are looking into in the ways of lighting. We have solely grown in soil up to this point. Will a 1000w hps with a shade work ?

Buds that we are kinda looking atm.
Cali Orange
Chrystal
Chocolate Chunk
B-52
Big Bud
Blue Cheese

heres the questions
Recommendations for a 6 plant grow hydro set up
Recommended lighting for these plants

a system like that will work real well, but where you plan to have 6 plants i can tell you emptying and refilling the reservoir 6 times over sucks.

i would recommend either of these 2 setups depending on your space/price range, as they both offer a single reservoir.

Hydroponics, Indoor Gardening Supplies, Hydroponic Systems - home

Hydroponics, Indoor Gardening Supplies, Hydroponic Systems - home

Or just build your own setup, its not that hard at all. Plenty of DIY guides on this site.

And onto the lights, if you plan to go 1000 watts, you will need more than a shade to keep it cooled. I would recommend a 600 watt as if you have a good sized closet you can probably do with just a reflector and not a enclosed reflector or cool tube.

I would like to suggest waterfarms as well, same concept as in your link you posted GH makes it, you can add buckets .. a walkin sound sorta small for a 1k watt, perhaps if you vented properly, as 1,000wts produces much heat, but the results are fantastic. 600 would do you well. the ebb and grow systems have to have a pump to keep the "EBB" part functioning, the waterfarms are drip systems and only use an AIR pump to make it drip.. to me drip is easier. I get great results from my water farms, i use 2k wats hps in flwrng.

yep, i would say waterfarms are good for beginners or pros but any system has it's advantages and disadvantages...i do get huge plants in my farms. I almost went with the ebb and grow, dutch bucket, but the res seemed way to big for my space, the farms can be configured into different patterns and moved close to or away form each other.. either way, the goal is those beautiful budz.

Back
Top Bottom