Hydroponics Grow Box?

TvSpor

Hey Everyone just had a question about a specific grow box if anyone knew much about this product. Its the Cash Crop 4.0 ( Cash Crop 4.0 - 6 Plant Hydroponics Grow Box - Dealzer ). It is selling for about 450 dollars and I was just looking for a simple first time buy when it came to this.

Honestly, I am not sure if this is over priced? Or if it provides enough for a first time grower? Any information that could help is appreciated!

Thanks

Looks like way overpriced garbage IMO.

3 CFL bulbs? I would avoid this product at all costs.

You can buy a nice tent and an more effective LED or HID setup for less.

Thanks man! Any brands or models you might recommended for a tent?

I bought the cash crop 4.0 3ft back in January. Dont get me wrong it worked but not good at all. I had 3 plants in there and it was way to small. I would save that $450 and put it towards a grow tent. A month after purchasing i bought a 5x5 grow tent with a hps light and fans and everything. Soil is also the way to go for first time growers. Personally i would not purchase it again. Now i use that box to start my plants in that box and move them into the tent once my others are done. That is my opinion tho from a person who bought the Cash Crop 3.0 3ft.

Thanks man! Any brands or models you might recommended for a tent?

I thought I sent a reply from my phone last night, but apparently I didn't click send again.

Here's the gist of what I said last night:

Can't recommend a tent, as I haven't used any yet, and am currently growing in a closet.

You might need to let people know how much space you have available for a tent, they might need to know this to suggest specific manufacturers or tent models.

Once you figure out the tent size you'll be buying, we can choose lights. You'll need to know the square footage in the tent in order to select the proper light(s) to give you the wattage you'll need.

As for lights, HID (MH and HPS) are proven performers year after year. You'll want to Veg with CFLs, Fluorescent, or MH, then switch to HPS when flowering. MH and HPS will produce a lot of heat, so you'll want to choose a good flowing fan, which you'll need to know the size of the grow space to choose one with the proper CFM rating.

CFLs and Fluorescents are great, but the bulbs need to be kept closer, and they don't have as high of a penetration rate as HID lighting. They still work great, as long as your plants are trained, or you give them ample supplemental lighting. They will also produce a fair bit of heat, not as much as HID, but you'll still need a decent fan.

LED grow lights are a newer technology, but so far have been doing great. They generally produce less heat than the other options, and you can get away with smaller fans for cooling, as long as they keep the tent properly ventilated. With LED lights you do need to be careful where you buy them. There are a lot of people selling LED panels that seem like a great deal, and it's usually because the power output is so low, they're generally not very effective as grow lights. If LED is an option for you, I would suggest checking out the sponsors first. Pretty much every model they sell, has a grow journal somewhere, and you can actually see someone using the light, and see the results they've had.

As for tents, and HID lighting, you can also find them from the site sponsors as well. Some places sell complete kits, tent, light, fants, ducting, etc..

Sponsor link: Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

You'll also find a ton of other cool stuff there, like seedbanks, pipes, bongs, vaporizers, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom