Hypothetical Outdoor Grow Questions

crazycatlady

Say I have a Sativa 'Zeus' and I can grow it outdoors in grow zone 7b but at about 1200 m, does altitude take away from the grow zone? I mean the heat that I need for the Sativa? Or should I stay closer to home in zone 6a at a lesser altitude? Did anyone understand that?

Actually could you explain it better?

I grow Indica's and can plant them outdoors in zone 6a (1100m altitude) here in North America. I would like to try Sativa "Zeus" and I guess they need more warmth and sunlight so I thought to plant some in zone 7b, more southerly warmer etc BUT they will be at a slightly higher altitude ie mountains 1300 m. Quite a drive too!!!!

Would that rise in altitude knock off the benefits of being more southerly in zone 7b (should I just plant them at home) or would it still be a benefit to the plant? Hypothetically of course.

It depends what genetics you're dealing with. It's all about growing the right strain for the conditions. First time I hear about this strain though.

cropkingseeds.com Its a strain mostly sativa that they are actually discontinuing but I have some seeds left and I would like to try a sativa. I just looked at the package and it says indoor only. Oh well I want to try it outdoors anyway, if not this year then next year. I know its too late for this year because sativa take forever. North of the 49 th parallel we don't have long seasons.

I'd leave it and look for a hardy northern climate strain. I assume you get temperature drops in September, and you need cold-immune strain for that.

cropkingseeds.com Its a strain mostly sativa that they are actually discontinuing but I have some seeds left and I would like to try a sativa. I just looked at the package and it says indoor only. Oh well I want to try it outdoors anyway, if not this year then next year. I know its too late for this year because sativa take forever. North of the 49 th parallel we don't have long seasons.

Ive grow Chem Dog clones outside that werent supposed to and they were fine

Back
Top Bottom