I Froze My Cannabutter & Now it Doesn't Get Me High Anymore. Please Help!

jj2man

Hi Edible Weed Enthusiasts! Firstly, thank you in advance for your help.

I recently cooked a large batch (about $200 worth) of cannabutter. After researching on forums, many people seem to agree that it's possible to freeze the stuff and it'll stay good for many months. The option of freezing the cannabutter was attractive to me, since cooking it takes quite a long time and I don't care to constantly repeat that process.

After initially freezing the cannabutter, the first few times I would eat about 1/4 teaspoon of it by itself, it would get me high as a kite! But now it's been frozen for over a month and I barely feel anything when I eat it, even when I eat double that amount!

Can anyone offer some words of wisdom as to why the cannabutter seems to have lost its potency after freezing it for a month? I appreciate your help!

-Sober in Siberia

I would say if you are eating it straight it is a matter of tolerence just like drinking, maybe a different straing in the butter would help. I do not eat mine but cook with it and have not noticed any lack of potencey. Give another strain a try and leave the old there, it will hold in the freezer in an air tight container andsee what happens, Peace OG.

P.S. being a chef butter will hold for about 3 months in the freezer, but when you add in oils and such not really sure. So maybe best to make batches that can be used within a month or two and try different strains, or better yet grow your own took over three pounds of leaves off the last girls before budding.

Back
Top Bottom