I have no clue what I am doing! I need help please!

iloveramey

I planted some seed about a month ago but so far my plant is only a 2 inch stem with 2 tiny shriveled leaves on it. I am growing indoors with a GE plant light kit. I am also using a potting soil that feeds for 6 months. What am I doing right/wrong? And why isn't my plant growing. Please don't think Im a total idiot this is my first grow and any help is much appreciated.!:peace:

yeah, and read up on this site too. You'll learn a ton. I was in your shoes not too long ago, and you should see my plants now. Oh wait, I haven't posted any updated pics yet. Check out my pics in a couple of days. Get more lights, add nutrients and sing to them. The first two have been proven to work wonders.
peace

You definetly need to get rid of that light or something .... I'm using 2 20 watt cfls and 1 of my plants is 2" and 4 nice sized (2big 2 small ) leaves on my plant within not even a week i belive ...

I know this is going to sound extremely stupid but what is CFLS light? Also, I have a question about ordering seeds from seedbanks- when you order the seeds you need a credit or debit card, both of these ties you to shit how do people not go to prison for it or do they? I'd like to order some but I can't help but think its a set-up...

Thanks so much for the advice! Can I use a regular florescent light too?

CFLS are compact fluorecent lights, The curly ones. Question?.....Would you get behind the controls of a fully loaded oil tanker w/out learning as much as you can about it's opperation before you even attempt to move it? Then why would you attempt to grow MJ w/out knowing what you're doing?
It's a lot less dangerous of course, but why waiste your time and good seeds. Start at the first link in my signature and read, read, read.

The HID bulbs would give you the most wattage, and more watts equals more light, more buds, and fast growth. However, they get very hot, and you need a bigger grow room to keep them a safe distance from your plants. The setup will also be more complicated because you need a ballast, you simply can't plug them into an outlet like you can with CFL's, for risk of starting a fire. I have two plants with a total of 4, 150 watt CFL's, and one 200 watt CFL, and my plants are doing fine. I think for a first time grower my setup is fine. Its not a big financial investment, and its good enough for learning how the grow will progress, and seeing what works and doesn't. In the future I will get some more expensive HID lights, but for now i'm OK. Peace

Thank you! I'm going to buy some cfls today, I have started new seeds since my old sprouts didn't do so well (they died) I planted these seeds in a good sized pot and placed them under the window so they could get some natural sunlight and these have already sprouted! I wanted to buy some really good seeds from an online seedbank but I'm too scared that its a setup. Happy belated 420 everyone. :joint:

Ive been using GE plant and aquarium bulbs for my entire grow. I have a total of 4 1900 lumen a piece plant and aquarium flouros and they seem to be doing a decent job. I'm only growing 1 plant and I'm about 4 weeks away from harvest. Its totally possible and sometimes even better (cost effective, easy to get, easy to set up, easy to use, less heat) to grow using flouros. It all depends on your own circumstances. I'm hoping to get a 400 watt HPS for my next grow though.

Thank you so much! I have been leaving my little sprout where the sunlight shines through to it and it has been doing great! Can someone please post some pics of little sprouts with leaves (male and female please) so I can compare?

jakemeup said:
I'm only growing 1 plant and I'm about 4 weeks away from harvest. Its totally possible and sometimes even better (cost effective, easy to get, easy to set up, easy to use, less heat) to grow using flouros.
Hey Jake: I've got 2 of those same bulbs and 4 other bulbs. I've seen a faster growth of hairs since I put them under the aquarium bulbs 3 days ago. Question though. Could you possibly describe your light set up? I find the 4' fluoros a pain to work w/and adjust each set of lights on a daily basis. I ripped the guts out of the fixtures and attatched them to 6" wide X 4' long X 1/8" strips of paneling so I could get the bulbs farther apart. Then I attached all 3 sets to a metal frame which fell apart the minute I tried to pick it up cause I bent the metal so that the outer sets of lights were at about a 45 degree angel. I had to tare the frame apart and now each set of lights is hanging individually. Any sugestions?
thanks Vin

not sure but here in canada you can buy the 4ft fluorol lights no bulbs 2x4ft 25 dollars and the bulbs are 8 dollars for 40 watt wide spectrum plant and aquarium bulbs iuse them just for vegging and iam gonna use my 400watt hps for budding its my firs in door grow and there vegging great

Back
Top Bottom