I need a new strain for next time. ALL input welcome!

sm0ke

Ok. So i've had a few grows under my belt...indicas, sativas, and hybrids.

a little background about my setup:
i have 2 600w digital hps systems (i plan on running them in the same area as i dont have the room to run a perpetual grow at this time). one will be a mh bulb (conversion bulb) and the other will run the hps bulb.

Im looking for the highest yield possible (not highest yielding strain) so im wondering if it would be better to do 12 plants in 5 gallon pots or if it would be better to do MORE plants in SMALLER pots (ie. 2 or 3 gallon pots). up until this point ive only grown in 5 gallon pots.

i plan to top, (maybe fim), lst, and do some super cropping.

if i only grow 12 plants i plan on growing 10 to make back my $ on the fees associated with growing this bud (its going to cost a lot with electricity, food, water, etc.)

i also should mention im going to be using the fox farm line of nutes (grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom) so plants that respond well to these nutes is also a good idea. im going to use fox farm ocean forest as well. maybe some molasses

so i need to figure a strain that will be easily desired and sought after by california dispensaries/collectives...as far as the other plants go (for myself) i have a few front runners but nothing set in stone.

im thinking for the dispensary something like white widow or white rhino would be good. i'd get o.g. kush (as its so popular) if i had the funds ($20 per seed is steep for me at this moment). I've also considered afghan kush as a possibility.

pretty much something that stays short, flowers quickly, and yields pretty well (at least).

for myself im wide open to suggestions also. my main medical issues (this is a legal grow by the way) are anxiety and depression. so anything anti-anxiety, motivational/creative, and helps with the symptoms of depression would be GREAT. (im thinking high cbd and moderate thc would be best?)

any and all suggestions welcome. thanks for reading my book of a post. :thanks:

I think you're on the right path with White Rhino.
May I recommend Mr. Nice Seed's Medicine Man, the original and what many patients consider the best version of White Rhino.
You can get the seeds from the Single Seeds Center for $9 a bean (regular, not feminized).

I say go for the 5 gallon containers and grow bigger plants, bigger plants yield higher.
That's the strategy I'm using in my 4'x4'x6.5' flowering tent.
I have 4 plants that I vegged over 2' in 10 gallon containers and are in 2nd their week of flowering.
My Sour Grapes is over 3' tall now and still growing.

Good luck with your grow :goodluck:

I think you're on the right path with White Rhino.
May I recommend Mr. Nice Seed's Medicine Man, the original and what many patients consider the best version of White Rhino.
You can get the seeds from the Single Seeds Center for $9 a bean (regular, not feminized).

I say go for the 5 gallon containers and grow bigger plants, bigger plants yield higher.
That's the strategy I'm using in my 4'x4'x6.5' flowering tent.
I have 4 plants that I vegged over 2' in 10 gallon containers and are in 2nd their week of flowering.
My Sour Grapes is over 3' tall now and still growing.

Good luck with your grow :goodluck:

thanks i was thinking the same. im going to need something that will appeal to the public (or at least something they've heard of). it really sucks because im looking at around $200 a month in electricity... wish i had solar panels.

right now i have 5 plants in 5 gallon pots under one 600w hps and they have taken up pretty much all the room around the light...its insane...it was my first attempt at topping, lst, and super cropping. turned out great.

i have 2 600w digital hps systems (i plan on running them in the same area as i dont have the room to run a perpetual grow at this time). one will be a mh bulb (conversion bulb) and the other will run the hps bulb.

Im looking for the highest yield possible (not highest yielding strain) so im wondering if it would be better to do 12 plants in 5 gallon pots or if it would be better to do MORE plants in SMALLER pots (ie. 2 or 3 gallon pots). up until this point ive only grown in 5 gallon pots.

if i only grow 12 plants i plan on growing 10 to make back my $ on the fees associated with growing this bud (its going to cost a lot with electricity, food, water, etc.)

i also should mention im going to be using the fox farm line of nutes (grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom) so plants that respond well to these nutes is also a good idea. im going to use fox farm ocean forest as well. maybe some molasses

so i need to figure a strain that will be easily desired and sought after by california dispensaries/collectives...as far as the other plants go (for myself) i have a few front runners but nothing set in stone.

im thinking for the dispensary something like white widow or white rhino would be good. i'd get o.g. kush (as its so popular) if i had the funds ($20 per seed is steep for me at this moment). I've also considered afghan kush as a possibility.

pretty much something that stays short, flowers quickly, and yields pretty well (at least).

for myself im wide open to suggestions also. my main medical issues (this is a legal grow by the way) are anxiety and depression. so anything anti-anxiety, motivational/creative, and helps with the symptoms of depression would be GREAT. (im thinking high cbd and moderate thc would be best?)

im new to this but check out my medijuana grow...and the meds work too:peacetwo:

IMO you need to base it on the highest yield grow technique and plant density manageable for the size of your setup i.e. watts/square foot yield desired. You should scrog in addition to the techniques described below. I prefer a modular scrog designed for perpetual harvest by training each plant to a scrog attached to the bucket itself and staggering the harvests with multiple rooms. adapt to your lights and scrog. also look into Ceramic metal halide bulbs for veg, early flower, and ripening, they run on hps magnetic ballasts but those are cheap and more reliable anyway. also look up rauber substitution. good luck :peacetwo:

Red Dragon by barneys farm and utopia haze if you can tolerate the long flower.

satori and lemon skunk

:Rasta:

ive been looking and i noticed a few strains that stuck out to me...

only issue is that ive grown greenhouse seeds once before but wasn't too impressed. i grew out big bang and my issues with it were the plant phenos varied wildly (2-3 of them were sativa looking with a "xmas tree top" and 2 others were bushy indica dominant plants...made flowering a pain in the ..."

they also claimed it was an anti-anxiety strain (not true for me...made mine worse).

only thing that was true about the strain (that they claimed) was the apple scent (which you would get when you rub on the buds or brush past a branch when flowering)

it wasnt even a high yielder as promised.

so im a little skeptical about getting some from them again but their prices really seem to make me question myself about giving them another chance.

i was looking at kings kush (og kush x grape ape) and bubba kush from them. both seem like great strains with what i like to call, "commercial fire" capabilities. something top notch and marketable if you get what i mean...a "name brand" of weed that is wildly popular...not something where i say, "hey i got this stuff" (whatever strain) & people are like, "wtf is that?".

greenhouse also has white widow and white rhino. those are kind of on my short list...as well as barney farms vanilla kush.

between white rhino, white widow, vanilla kush, bubba kush, and king kush what would you say has:

1) the most potency (closest to a one-hitter quitter)
2) biggest yield (prolly wont be bubba kush...i dont think at least.)
3) easiest to grow (im looking for plants to stay uniform in height basically)

which of the strains do you think is most relaxing/anti-anxiety? (this is more just for me).

who has the best white widow and white rhino if mr nice seeds isnt an option? mr nice wont work for me this time as i wont have the room to veg twice as many plants as i need and weed out the males...so im curious who has the most potent/best yielding/top quality widow/rhino in FEM seeds?

Back
Top Bottom