I need help - Yellowing plants - Fed nitrogen yesterday for first time - About 17 days old - And got worse - Help

Thank you guys both for your input @Bilbo and @Ripe1 My lgiht is in the same position about 2 feet off of the plants from when i first started them out before they sprout; (Should I raise my light? I knew I would have to eventually as they grew but is this a sign i Should do so?)

Also do you guys think its a deficiency of sort or the light?
I did stop adding magnesium into the pure distilled water so maybe i should add that back in
Also I did go off to a drama festival for a few days as my brother took care of them this past weekend (Wed -Sat) He said he forgot to turn the light off and he turned it off about 1 hour after it was supposed to be shut off ( I lost my timer so i am manually shutting on and off)
Also @Bilbobudkin420 How do I check the PH every watering?
This is my First grow so I expected mistakes, although I dont want them to die on me nor do I want them to suffer do to my mistakes; so any information at all will help

A Couple Things

Get a PH Pen, its a MUST
Get a new Timer, you will need it in Flower
Most LED lights need to be around 30" for seedlings, raise it up and see if they start stretching towards it

Like I mentioned, looks like nute burn, or possibly Light, But more so Nutes, In my opinion

It was light first imo. Adding mutes compounded the problem, the plant absorbed and therefore had perspire all of that out. When they sweat too much or too little tips burn first. Couple that with them being small and really close to the light, they have nothing to do but burn. Get the light 30-36 inches away, get a timer, a ph pen and an EC or TDS meter. Check your water after you mix it. The damaged leaves will be that way now but the new ones are going to show you what to do next. Hopefully nothing. You are welcome and welcome to 42p mag! It’s the land of love!

Thank you guys both for your input @Bilbo and @Ripe1 My lgiht is in the same position about 2 feet off of the plants from when i first started them out before they sprout; (Should I raise my light? I knew I would have to eventually as they grew but is this a sign i Should do so?)

Also do you guys think its a deficiency of sort or the light?
I did stop adding magnesium into the pure distilled water so maybe i should add that back in
Also I did go off to a drama festival for a few days as my brother took care of them this past weekend (Wed -Sat) He said he forgot to turn the light off and he turned it off about 1 hour after it was supposed to be shut off ( I lost my timer so i am manually shutting on and off)
Also @Bilbobudkin420 How do I check the PH every watering?
Theres a number of ways. The cheapest and easiest is either litmus paper or ph solution. You can get ph pens to check it but this requires calibration, calibration fluids etc. Also they can be pretty pricey.

I just raised my light, i think it was because the light was liek 1 ft above the plants; it's now a good 3-4 feet above
We'll see but i also have to go out and buy another mylar reflective sheet to put around the base

I also noticed the outside of my biodegradable pots have white patches on them; I rubbed them off but im pretty sure it's mold; Definitly not harmful mold atleast to me i'm just curious on how it is with the plants? ( I think i should transplant them but their only about 18 days old and I'll need another light i think if i want to get all of them to fit in the closet grow with decent size pots; ( I have 6 nice sized pots ( Not depth but width wise)
|I'm thinking about gettign some deep pots and drilling holes in them but again i'm just worried about space;
I will evnetually transplant outside but I wanted to Vegetate them in the close and keep a Mother plant in there too

I just raised my light, i think it was because the light was liek 1 ft above the plants; it's now a good 3-4 feet above
We'll see but i also have to go out and buy another mylar reflective sheet to put around the base

I also noticed the outside of my biodegradable pots have white patches on them; I rubbed them off but im pretty sure it's mold; Definitly not harmful mold atleast to me i'm just curious on how it is with the plants? ( I think i should transplant them but their only about 18 days old and I'll need another light i think if i want to get all of them to fit in the closet grow with decent size pots; ( I have 6 nice sized pots ( Not depth but width wise)
|I'm thinking about gettign some deep pots and drilling holes in them but again i'm just worried about space;
I will evnetually transplant outside but I wanted to Vegetate them in the close and keep a Mother plant in there too
Id wait until they are back to normal health before you transplant. Otherwise youre just throwing more shit at em to deal with.

I've been growing plants in soil designed for tomatoes, I added no fertilizer until the plants were 2 feet tall. As long as roots can reach new soil there is no need for nitrogen. I had the best luck starting seeds with 10% premium soil and 90 % seed starting soil without nutes. Baby plants can't handle hot "super soil". Let the soil almost dry out before watering. My Strawberry Cough plants didn't need Cal/Mag until after I got the first female flower signs. I use 50% RO / 50% Tap water.
This plant needed Cal/Mag when it's roots reached the bottom of the pot. In my opinion, save the peat pots for greenhouse use, Solo cup size plastic pots will not dry out so fast under lights.
I use 125 watts of CFO lights under my sink for seed starting.

Back
Top Bottom