i need to learn

fasts102376

hello all.. i'm new to growing indoors. my question is, how do i know when my plants r in the veggie stage,or in the flowwering? i have 3 plants growing under 400w i think it a hp bulb its blue tent to it and a green tent when u look at the bulb. i have 1 plant thats about 14" tall and looks good, i have 1 all the lower leaves has died and i pulled them off,and 1 plant is about 10" tall and it looks good. the problem i having they look like they stoped growing. am i doing something wrong? my dunbass needs help bad.. i have the lights on a 18\6... please write me and teach me lol...:cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

the grow room is about 6 foot tall. anotherthing when they say to keep the light up about 16" from the plant,does that mean from the top of the plant or from the soil?

thanks carp u'll been alot of help. 1 more question can i put the 3 plants on a 12\12 now? remember i said 1 is about 14" 12" and 10".and will they grow a good size on the 12\12 cycle?

fasts102376 said:
hello all.. i'm new to growing indoors. my question is, how do i know when my plants r in the veggie stage,or in the flowwering? i have 3 plants growing under 400w i think it a hp bulb its blue tent to it and a green tent when u look at the bulb. i have 1 plant thats about 14" tall and looks good, i have 1 all the lower leaves has died and i pulled them off,and 1 plant is about 10" tall and it looks good. the problem i having they look like they stoped growing. am i doing something wrong? my dunbass needs help bad.. i have the lights on a 18\6... please write me and teach me lol...:cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:
:bongrip: The flowering stage is the first 60 days after they have broke the surface.Lights should be left on 24 hours a day for the vegetative cycle if you can.The grow light color doesnt sound right.A 400 watt hps should be super bright like a gold color sorta but just bright as hell.Flurocents should be like a light blue/gray hue and they should say grow bulb if they are.After the first 60 days you want to cut lights back to 12/12 for 8 to 12 weeks depending on strain:smokin:

thxs lucasi. the bulb is a (agrosun) this is what it says on box (halides specially formulated for horticcultural use.halide & sodium together in one bulb) is that the wrong bulb for flowering, ifso whats a good bulb?

lucasi said:
:bongrip: The flowering stage is the first 60 days after they have broke the surface.Lights should be left on 24 hours a day for the vegetative cycle if you can.The grow light color doesnt sound right.A 400 watt hps should be super bright like a gold color sorta but just bright as hell.Flurocents should be like a light blue/gray hue and they should say grow bulb if they are.After the first 60 days you want to cut lights back to 12/12 for 8 to 12 weeks depending on strain:smokin:

The flowering stage is not the first 60 days after they have broken the surface..... flowering stage begins when you turn your lights to 12/12. which is usually after 4 weeks of veg.

fasts102376 said:
thxs lucasi. the bulb is a (agrosun) this is what it says on box (halides specially formulated for horticcultural use.halide & sodium together in one bulb) is that the wrong bulb for flowering, ifso whats a good bulb?

when the light is turned on, Does it have an orange glow to it? Or is it more of a white light.
How many watts is it?
From what your describing, It sounds like it may be a hortilux bulb.

The best bulb to use in my opinion is hortilux... It gives you virtually all spectrums of light. That's what I use.

hello stix. i found the box the bulb came in it says it a halide and sodium bulb. its a 400w unit.. the light starts with a blue first then it's a bright white. if u look at the bulb when it's warmed up it has a blue & green look on the bulb,but the light over all looks bright white.. is that the wrong bulb for thr veg cycle?

Metal Halide Lights
Metal halide lamps match the sun's color spectrum closer than all other HID lamps. Good for compact growth in small growing spaces. These light systems provide more of the blue/green spectrum of light needed for vegetative growth. the AgroSun bulb, which gives 38% more of the red and far red spectrum than a standard metal halide bulb. These systems are especially recommended when totally inside without any sunlight.

High Pressure Sodium Lights
High pressure sodium lights provide more of the red/orange spectrum, great for the flowering and fruiting stage. These systems are especially recommended for supplemental lighting when some sunlight is present. Great for greenhouses, solar rooms, and rooms with south facing windows. They are the most energy efficient artificial light source.

Hortilux High Pressure Sodium HPS Light bulb has 13% more lumens and 5% more blue light than regular HPS, promoting tighter internodes for the plant. High quality Eye construction.
The light bulb is Custom designed for Aeroponics and Hydroponics, for use with a remote HID ballast

Your light is GREAT for vegetative growth. Your gonna want to change over to HPS when you start your flowering stage. Hortilux is IDEAL but regular HPS will do the job too.

you need to have a ballast that supports a MH for vegging, AND you need a ballast that supports HPS for flowering. You can't use MH and HPS bulbs in the same fixture. I do believe they make fixtures that will support both MH and HPS, not sure though. I also read somewhere on the forums that you can use MH or HPS bulbs in a MH fixture. Or was it in a HPS fixture :hmmmm: . Not sure, It's been awhile since I saw that. I don't think its a good practice to do anyway. I'm assuming you have a remote ballast for your light? If so does it say Metal Halide or High Pressure Sodium on it.

yes they make ballast that run both MH and HPS but i think they only come in the 1000 and 600 watt ballast

Back
Top Bottom