I passed the Psychemedics Hair Follicle Drug test with 6 days clean

Hi everyone. I have a test soon and the results determine wether my kids can stay living with me so it means the absolute world to me as you can imagine. If I don’t pass I may as well be dead as my girls are my life. Anyhow I’ve been doing some major research into this and I’m talking hours upon hours. From what I can gather the way they get drug metabolites out of hair is to firstly soak in ethanol or methanol and apply heat. They Say don’t use sodium hydroxide with it when testing for certain drugs as it breaks it down too much to test- so if you’re being tested for opiates Cocaine or benzo’s I think adding sodium hydroxide is actually going to stop them being able to get the metabolites out anyway? Sodium hydroxide is basically lye/caustic soda. I’ve been out today and bought some oven cleaner which sodium hydroxide is the main ingredient. Do I dilute this with my shampoo or pout the stuff all over?? It’s actually in shampoo anyway in very small amounts. I’ve also got strong hair bleach and a colour before kit. As I’ve been thinking surely if these hair stripping kits can remove colour from your hair they will remove some metabolites too? Anyway I guess I’m just after abit of advice to see if I’m on the right track and if anyone else has come across some of this information too? I feel like I am on to something just not sure if there’s anything I’m missing? I’d be so grateful for any replies. Thanks

The things we go through in order to continue to use our "DOC." I'm the same way with tobacco/nicotine, I guess. When urine tests were the main such tool in use, obvious attempts at scoring an artificial pass - such as dilution - would, if noticed, cause an automatic fail (or at least require the person to retest, often with a different method). I am surprised that people showing up for hair tests with adulterated/damaged hair don't end up getting told they fail because of it, forced to give a sample (if available) from another part of their body, et cetera.

Okay I don't often see much for ladies on here so I will post I passed Alphabiolabs test which has much the same methods as phsychemedics so...
I'm 27
5ft2 normal metabolism
Long dark hair

I used a number of off topic drugs as well as prescribed Valium and cannabis
This is what I done, I had about 3 weeks notice but I didn't stop using at all. I bleached my hair 3 times and the day before the test I used a chemical relaxer on my hair , I also used methanol. The methanol doesn't fry ur hair and it's cold it doesn't burn at all. The relaxer fried my hair so be warned. The guy came to my house to do it took my photo and then took my hair I got the analysis today. I should have been moderate to heavy for off topic and heavy for prescribed and also moderate for smoke I just landed on the cutoff for every drug except C I was well below for that, I was using once twice a week of everything. I did test positive for diazepam but only at levels prescribed and as this was for court I also have urine analysis to back this up so, it came in like a chart the result and each drug and its metabolite said not detected said what the ng/mg thing was and a diazepam metabolite was present that's all , an explanation was given n that was it. They use methanol to extract so why can't we. On the morning I used zydot I had 2 boxes but left it too late and I am not saying this helped it may have but diazepam still came up so not 100 percent reliable , use the relaxer and the methanol. I just pored nearly a litre over my head put a cap on and sat for an hour would have sat longer but it was really late planned on sitting for 4 hours, so needless to say it worked. Make sure u re dye as I didn't and it says in my report the use of bleach can bring levels below cut off which is a bummer but no one told me not to use bleach so......

Good luck to everyone x
I dont smoke weed but my husband does and we both did coke i did from december to april 3 2015 my hair follicle test came out of nowhere ive never did coke before so those three months were the only time i did i dont do it nomore and my husband did from February to april 3 2015 i have a job oppurtunity and he has doc that ironically asking us to do hair test at same time weird but we will try the methods will let everyone know how it turns out wish us luck i need this job and he needs to stay out of jail
How did it go?

How did it go?

One member posted just the one time and never returned, the other posted twice (and never returned). This was five years ago, so do not expect them to reply.

I question a lot of the info in this thread. I would chalk it up to light smokers and physically damaging the hair. I mean you might as well just bleach and color it or shave it all off im sure thats easier, cheaper and less suspicious.

Its not like the THC hangs out on the outside of the hair so you can wash it off...its IN the hair.

Normally if I am looking for a new job I will stop smoking for at least 30 days prior to applying just to avoid the headache of worrying about having to pass a test. I smoke daily, 2-3 hits from the bowl in the evenings, sometimes a couple of more than that on the weekends. I am not a wake and baker, I am not stoned all day long, I just like a few hits at night to relax. So out of the blue I get a call from a recruiter, they have a position that they would like to submit my resume for and I tell them go ahead. I get an interview and I rocked it. The best part is that the job is one and half times the money I am making now and it is part time. So let's see I make the same amount of money I am making now work less hours!! Needless to say I am totally psyched when I get offered the position. There is a drug test but I figure I will have a week of abstinence by the time I have to take the test and I immediately start working out even longer, drinking more water, and sitting in the sauna and plan to take a detox drink. It has worked for me in a pinch before. The recruiter says he is sending me the info for the drug test. It arrives Fed-Ex and I am horrified because it is a Psychemedics hair follicle test. My first thought is "oh man I am so screwed". I was so bummed that I was going to have decline this position. I thought there was no way to beat a hair follicle test. So I started doing some research and read a bunch for things you can do most people had a lot of clean time or weeks to prepare for the test, I had neither of these luxuries. I decided to try and beat the test anyway. My hair was very long almost to my waist (dark thick hair BTW) I decided it would be to damaging to my hair and really difficult to do the process on long hair, so I went to the salon and got it cut and I donated about 12 inches of hair. (I did this the night before test)

So here is what I did THE DAY OF MY TEST:

Soaked my hair in cleaning strength vinegar under a shower cap. Basically I filled a bowl stuck my head in and used a cup to drench my hair then put on a shower cap. I did this for 3 hours every time my hair felt like it was drying up I would put more vinegar on it. After three hours of the vinegar soaking put I some Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash (I think any acne wash with 2% Salicylic acid will work it is just what I had in the house) I put the acne wash in my vinegar soaked hair left it in my hair for 20 minutes. I washed the vinegar and Clearasil mix out with (regular scent) Tide liquid soap (I have a HE washing machine so it was high efficiency formula). I washed it twice with the Tide, then I washed it with flea and tick soap. I bleached my hair with Clairol Born Blonde. Next I used ExpulsionX2 hair detoxifier I got at the local head shop, this stuff was super thick and green and I spread it all over my scalp and hair. The directions said to use 1/2 the bottle and leave it on for 5-10 minutes rinse and repeat with the other half. I left it on for 20 minutes both times, when rinsing this stuff out it gets really sudsy like soap so I scrubbed scrubbed scrubbed my scalp and hair each time. I did use some conditioner on my hair after rinsing out the second batch of detoxifier because my hair felt SOOOO dry by this point. Then I dyed my hair back to brown. Just FYI while the brown dye was on my scalp it burned so bad it brought tears to my eyes. I rinsed the dye out, conditioned it, styled it, and went to the lab. They cut a patch from behind my ear and 5 days later I got the news that my drug test results were negative for all drugs. So from a daily smoker that had 6 days clean by the day of the test it really can be done!!! Also just so you know the clean hair had not even grown to the surface by the time I took this test so every bit of my hair was dirty before this process.
Well I'm still in shock as I'm writing this, but I passed too!!! Thank you so much for this post. I just landed my dream job!!

So I was given a 3 day notice on needing to take a hair drug test. I haven’t smoked in about 2-2 1/2 months and wasn’t a real heavy smoker maybe a puff or 2 every 2-3 days. Around 3-4 months I was also eating some edibles. I’m a 6’1” male around 160lbs and I ride my bike also and also exercise a bit. Today I went for my test and they took some of my hair from my armpit. Hopefully I pass but I’ll make sure to let you all know

Well I'm still in shock as I'm writing this, but I passed too!!! Thank you so much for this post. I just landed my dream job!!
Hello everyone,
I have been doing what you said and then bleached hair twice & re dyed black. I ended up using a couple of days ago . I haven’t been told when test is but I was told not to dye my hair so I can’t re do bleach. Do you think if I carry on with the other detox there would be a chance of it coming back inconclusive? Or do you think I will fail ?

Normally if I am looking for a new job I will stop smoking for at least 30 days prior to applying just to avoid the headache of worrying about having to pass a test. I smoke daily, 2-3 hits from the bowl in the evenings, sometimes a couple of more than that on the weekends. I am not a wake and baker, I am not stoned all day long, I just like a few hits at night to relax. So out of the blue I get a call from a recruiter, they have a position that they would like to submit my resume for and I tell them go ahead. I get an interview and I rocked it. The best part is that the job is one and half times the money I am making now and it is part time. So let's see I make the same amount of money I am making now work less hours!! Needless to say I am totally psyched when I get offered the position. There is a drug test but I figure I will have a week of abstinence by the time I have to take the test and I immediately start working out even longer, drinking more water, and sitting in the sauna and plan to take a detox drink. It has worked for me in a pinch before. The recruiter says he is sending me the info for the drug test. It arrives Fed-Ex and I am horrified because it is a Psychemedics hair follicle test. My first thought is "oh man I am so screwed". I was so bummed that I was going to have decline this position. I thought there was no way to beat a hair follicle test. So I started doing some research and read a bunch for things you can do most people had a lot of clean time or weeks to prepare for the test, I had neither of these luxuries. I decided to try and beat the test anyway. My hair was very long almost to my waist (dark thick hair BTW) I decided it would be to damaging to my hair and really difficult to do the process on long hair, so I went to the salon and got it cut and I donated about 12 inches of hair. (I did this the night before test)

So here is what I did THE DAY OF MY TEST:

Soaked my hair in cleaning strength vinegar under a shower cap. Basically I filled a bowl stuck my head in and used a cup to drench my hair then put on a shower cap. I did this for 3 hours every time my hair felt like it was drying up I would put more vinegar on it. After three hours of the vinegar soaking put I some Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash (I think any acne wash with 2% Salicylic acid will work it is just what I had in the house) I put the acne wash in my vinegar soaked hair left it in my hair for 20 minutes. I washed the vinegar and Clearasil mix out with (regular scent) Tide liquid soap (I have a HE washing machine so it was high efficiency formula). I washed it twice with the Tide, then I washed it with flea and tick soap. I bleached my hair with Clairol Born Blonde. Next I used ExpulsionX2 hair detoxifier I got at the local head shop, this stuff was super thick and green and I spread it all over my scalp and hair. The directions said to use 1/2 the bottle and leave it on for 5-10 minutes rinse and repeat with the other half. I left it on for 20 minutes both times, when rinsing this stuff out it gets really sudsy like soap so I scrubbed scrubbed scrubbed my scalp and hair each time. I did use some conditioner on my hair after rinsing out the second batch of detoxifier because my hair felt SOOOO dry by this point. Then I dyed my hair back to brown. Just FYI while the brown dye was on my scalp it burned so bad it brought tears to my eyes. I rinsed the dye out, conditioned it, styled it, and went to the lab. They cut a patch from behind my ear and 5 days later I got the news that my drug test results were negative for all drugs. So from a daily smoker that had 6 days clean by the day of the test it really can be done!!! Also just so you know the clean hair had not even grown to the surface by the time I took this test so every bit of my hair was dirty before this process.

Please help hair follicle test coming up. Please help me

Okay..... let's talk hair follicle test...

I haven't smoked since February 23rd.. back story I started smoking and smoked only on the weekends and then the last 4 or so months started smoking a little heavy before I quit. I only smoked for about a year. Sooo my question is... I have a hair follicle for a job either the 26th or 27th of this month which would be around 62/63 days of being clean. Could I pass the hair follicle? I bought some of the ultra clean shampoo detox stuff and I've been doing the macujo method without the Aloe Rid.... what are my chances of passing this? PLEASE HELP.

I question a lot of the info in this thread. I would chalk it up to light smokers and physically damaging the hair. I mean you might as well just bleach and color it or shave it all off im sure thats easier, cheaper and less suspicious.

Its not like the THC hangs out on the outside of the hair so you can wash it off...its IN the hair.
Most of the methods described actually open the hair cuticle allowing the metabolites to ve extracted from the hair. Propylene glycol is the extractor.

I have to take a hair follicle test in the morning and I have approximately 12 hours to prepare.

The catch is that I'm still using currently (I figured my hair isn't going to grow overnight, so why quit). I am a daily (and heavy) user of many things (mostly h, meth, crack, marijuana, and alcohol), and I couldn't even tell you what all would show up on a hair follicle test for the last 90 days. I'm sure there's a few things that I can't remember right now, but that's a good enough list. I'm trying some strategies I've read and will post my results as soon as I get them.

- First I took a shower and washed my hair 3 times with extra strength t gel shampoo (4% coal tar), letting it sit and soak 10-15 minutes each time
- I let my hair dry partially before drenching it in white vinegar. I rubbed it in and wrapped it in plastic
- I let it sit for an hour before adding in salicylic acid (2%, face rub) and scrubbing into my scalp before wrapping it again.
- Right now I'm letting it sit for an hour before rinsing it in HOT water and washing it with liquid laundry detergent
- After that I'm thinking about doing the baking soda paste followed by a wash with dawn soap (not sure about these???)
- I will then soak it in vinegar and wrap for another hour
- Add in salicylic acid and let that mixture sit, wrapped for an hour
- Then I'll rub in more laundry detergent before jumping in the shower
- I'll rinse out the detergent with hot water and do a final 3 shampoos with the t gel before the test

I will return with the results of the hair follicle test as well as any more details or decisions I make along the way. Wish me luck!
Hmm, is no udpate or news on results a bad sign on this one??

Anyone know if edibles last longer in the hair? I was taking delta 8 edibles for about a month from Feb to March and haven't smoked in years. I have a test in a week or so and don't know how strong the stuff is. I haven't done it since March 14. I bought some "hair razor". Hoping that works. Anyone who knows about delta 8 edibles?

Hey ladystang,

I am about to take my hair test from psych, and while I have treated my hair in much the same way you did and will attempt a very similar routine on test day (this Wednesday), I am nervous that they will ask for hair from somewhere other than my head. Now I know I have quite a bit more body hair than you, but what was the process like when you walked into the clinic to the time you had your hair collected. Any insights would be appreciated, thank you.
What do you think my chances if passing this hair test for alcohol ? If i dye my hair n using the cleaning method? Im not a jeavy Drinker just a ince a week drinker im waiting for them to tell me to go any day now kinda nervous last time I drank was this past Friday 10/13/23 so im nervous but want to know

Back
Top Bottom