I sprayed Azamax during late stage of flowering - What should I do?

flexy123

A few days ago I sprayed my plants which are close to harvest with a mixture of insecticidal soap, some bacteria against caterpillars and Azadirachtin ("Azamax").

NOW I know it shouldn't have sprayed so late into flowering but it's too late now ;(

My concern is actually the Azamax/Azadirachtin and that it could affect the taste.
The label for Azamax etc. says "fine to spray up until last day before harvest" but of course I don't want the buds taste like shiate!

What should I do?

* Wait some more days for harvest? Plants are out in the sun which helps breaking down the stuff
* Spray the plants with water GOOD to wash off what remains on the plants?
* Spray/basically wash the plants with water and insecticidal soap to get rid of the azamax?

On one hand I saw some claiming Azadirachtin /Azamax does not affect the taste (unlike Neem oil), but some few folks claiming it made their buds taste harsh. So right now I don't know what to do.

Edit: What I used is "Align" which is basically the same thing like Azamax (Azadirachtin) which is an active ingredient in Neem oil. I used 1ml for 1L of water, so very, very little as per instructions. Of course, NOW I realized that I was stupid to spray so close to flower. Wondering whether someone already used Azamax or similar and whether it affected taste.

I got a pressure sprayer so spraying/washing the plants wouldn't be a problem. I mean, logic says it should be possible to "wash out" stuff from the plants?

How far away from harvest are you?

We're probably "few days" from harvest, I saw some ambers already when I can trust that microscope.

I'm with these fellas in that case. A good bud washing would be your best bet. If you're growing tomatoes or cucumbers, then I'm sure azadachtrin is great up until the day of harvest because you can easily wash that off in the sink with some soap, but they didn't write the directions for cannabis unfortunately... hopefully it's a lesson learned! With Azamax, don't spray cannabis within 4-5 weeks of harvest to make sure you don't get any of the taste with it. Cheers.

The mites will make ya do things man.. weird things!

Your cut off time and flavor can vary from strain to strain. Most I can treat up until the last two or three weeks without any bad flavor, but I have an OG Kush that has to be cut off treatment at least half way through. Otherwise gaaahh. Normally I don't have to use it in flower at all, but a few times there have been some sativas pushing 12 weeks that got an infestation. Basically I soaked them in Azamax let them sit for a few and shake the shit out of them lol. A couple weeks later washed and came out fine with the exception of some scars on a few leaves.

Back
Top Bottom