I would like your Help tell me when it is time to cut it down

ghostdog

pot_plant_3_week_budding.jpg
i will be posting a pic of my plant every week starting now till i can find out when the best time to chop her down

she is over 3 weeks into budding she is about 3 feet tall 4 main kola buds and lot of little ones that wont get me much

i have only done water and some cheap stuff to try and help her along the way

i have 3 42 watt bulbs that work out to be 450 watt

i just want to hear how you guys think she is doing

lots of the leafs are having spots on them.. not sure if there is a cheap fix.. i only have 5 weeks to go and dont want it to die on me cause i did not do something simple

now i dont even know how to add a photo to this post i will asap

thanks

Well she certainly is not ready yet. I also assume by what you posted that you don't have any meters or solutions to deal with the issues you are having. In the pic she looks fine but you should include the whole plant in the pic, especially when you're asking for help with dying leaves. Where are those pics?

We go by true bulb watts rather than equiv. watts so you are using 126 watts not 450. What actually matters is the lumen output, your lights are putting out 8100 lumens, and that is not enough for your plant's size. Even if you doubled up on your lights you would be at 16200 lumens using 252 watts. You could get one 250 watt hps and put out 27000 lumens... So While I will say you are doing good, you could easily be doing better.

Invest in a PH meter, A better light system for flowering, some good soil that drains well, and some better nutes. and your next grow will blow your mind :thumb:

As to when to cut it down: it helps if you have a microscope - so that you can see the trichomes. Trichomes will start out as clear, then milky, then amber. Milky color indicates peak THC content for more "high" or speedy effect. The more amber colored the higher the Cannabinol (degraded THC) level and the narcotic (stoned) effects.

Microsocope_1.jpg
Microsocope_2.jpg

You can pick something like that above at Radio Shack for less than $20. Most of these "pocket" microscopes are pretty much the same: 60~100x Zoom, Focus and a light.

That clear plastic piece (on mine) comes off and if standing a certain way in conjuction with the direction of the Sun I can see them trichomes (with the bud(s) still on the plant) without too much fuss. They're a bit tricky to use till you get used to them.

OR

You could spend upwards of $300.00 for these new USB Microscopes you can plug into your computer, but then you'll have to clip a bud off to stick it under the microscope.

:thumb:

sorry here are some more pics of the plant and leaf
i am surprised she is still living i just dont want to have her die when i am so close to the end lol

potplant4.JPG
pot_plant_1.JPG
pot_plant_3.JPG
pot_plant2.JPG
potplant_week_3_buddingg.jpg
pot_plant_5.JPG
pot_plant_3_week_budding.jpg

As to when to cut it down: it helps if you have a microscope - so that you can see the trichomes. Trichomes will start out as clear, then milky, then amber. Milky color indicates peak THC content for more "high" or speedy effect. The more amber colored the higher the Cannabinol (degraded THC) level and the narcotic (stoned) effects.

You can pick something like that above at Radio Shack for less than $20. Most of these "pocket" microscopes are pretty much the same: 60~100x Zoom, Focus and a light.

That clear plastic piece (on mine) comes off and if standing a certain way in conjuction with the direction of the Sun I can see them trichomes (with the bud(s) still on the plant) without too much fuss. They're a bit tricky to use till you get used to them.

OR

You could spend upwards of $300.00 for these new USB Microscopes you can plug into your computer, but then you'll have to clip a bud off to stick it under the microscope.

:thumb:

Don't waste your money on the radio shack scope. No offense drifter. But i bought that radio shack thing too, and I found it to hard to keep either the bud or my hand still enough to get a good look in any small amount of time. Just my opinion. Get a 10x jeweler's loupe. Their not that much more. Like $40 on amazon. Better quality optics and much easier to use. Mine is a BeLOMO 10x. I love it.

Hey buddy I've gotten plenty of jewelry loupes off eBay andthey work great... They are all what they said they are..... And each one is under 5 bux... So you can buy them all for 20 bux.....and use different ones... You might wait a couple of weeks for delivery but who cares.....hope this helps...:ciao:

i have been trying my 12 mp camera and it has worked so far hard to see it cloudy but it is going to get this grow done...

i have only spent $$$$ 70 AND COUNTING I NEED TO GET RID OF SPIDER MITES
$20 X 1 ICE CLONE
$15 X 3 CFL 42WATT
$8 X 8 6 SIZES OF POTS
$20 X 2 ORGANICARE PURE FLOWER AND BLOOM
$2 X 1 BAG DIRT
$5 X 4 ROLLS FOIL WRAP
$$$ X 1 FIRST TIME GROWING YOUR OWN STUFF $ PRICELESS $

What's your ph? Do you use micro nutes? Check out the problem forum and check the other plants to see what matches up. Training your plants bend, pinch, tie down to get a even plants to bring your light closer to the plants. Breeders say 8-9 weeks flowering but that is just a avg. you still have 3-4 weeks or more to go.

Flipper

i use tap water and i let it sit for 24 hrs.. dont have a ph tester

i see spider mites under her and have tryed to smooch them

i have started to tie er down to spreed out the light

i thought soo 3 or 4 weeks left

i did not even keep track on a calander

my first grow

This is coming from a newb with a lot of research time and not a lot of grow time, but couldn't those spots on the leaves be caused by the aluminum foil focusing light and creating hotspots?

Never enven thought of that if it was not for the fact that i found spider mites on it ... Some one was saying it low calcium

You need to get a ph tester. Ideal is 5.5-6.0 if you are using aluminum foil it can give you hot spots as stated by Supernaut. Find a good grow shop and get a mylar type foil and something for those spider mites.

i was trying to this on a budget.. what is my budget u ask...

well i was hoping to spend nothing really, just the cost of my clones $20 each i bought 2 but had to kill 1 due to no space

i first started this over 2 months ago. and soon i came to understand what u guys were talking about,,, i started to care more... but the fact is i can only spend so much and now i know it cost a ot more to keep the plant real happy.. thus

i am just trying to keep this plant alive to get it to the end... on my next try i will put a hell of a lot more care from the start and more coin .$$$$$..

the cfl bulbs did a ok job but i am sure it could of been a lot better with real lights

more pics in the next days to come to help you guys out more thanks for all you help

great job ghostdog glad to see a fwllow grower getting it done with the money in hand...Not sure if you read my deal on starting a grow cheap,here's some more you can use garlic and blk pepper mix and a couple of drops of liquid detergent.that'll help with the spider mites and as for the foil if you can rotate the plant that'll help with those spots and if you wanna remedy that buy some epson salt at walmart for about1.39 and mixed a tablespoon to a gallon and buy some molasses unsulphured and again use 1 tbl also that take care of you for the remaining time and get some better buds pm me if you need anything

ok here are 2 pics most my plant has bad spots all over it and getting worse day by day

i am only using a little mix nothing that would burn the plant

potkolabudd.jpg
potdeadleaves.jpg

the only thing i am adding to her is a
ORGANICARE PURE NATURAL AND ORGANIC PLANT FOOD
3-4-2 +6% CAL
I STARTED WITH IT MIXED IN SOIL BUT NOW I AM ONLY ADDING IT TO THE WATER LITTLE AT A TIME

IMG_08369.jpg
IMG_083510.jpg
IMG_082110.jpg

I thought to try and see what it tasted like so i chopped a bud off the mid part of the plant and tried to dry it and cut it up popped it in the pipe and got a great head high nothing in the body just a pure head buzz have not had that in a long time.. so i am thinking even if she starts to die i could still get some thing out of this plant

Back
Top Bottom