I would like your thoughts

Sumpump52

ok i just wanna know if i am doing ok with the set up im running, im running hydro with 2 tanks and two trays, i have the ph at 5.4-6.5 nealry all times now but at first for a week i couldnt find my damn ph meter and had it at 8!! but i dropped it befroe two many of my clones got hamred too badly. i have 2 1000s over each tray 2' away froim the trees, one occilating fan in the corner of the room and 2 6" fans to keep the lights cool, and they are vercool to the touch, i read that top of plant needs to be about 70 degrees or too hot for the hand too hot for the plant, and it feels fine and honestly now they are looking great i have 20 that are like completely needing some love( bad strains) the rest are looking great and are also alot better strains as well,
im runnign gh nutes as it reccomends on the back of the bottle but read on here to go 1/4 or 1/2 of the actual dosage..?
im doing 18/6 for the lights, room stays about 74-77 all day
is it better to have the rockwool completely submersed in the medium or better just a few inches down?
ifeel like im foreggting something else to ask but hopefully later i will think of it, i just wanna know im doing ok or shitty and what steps to take to correct it all thanks

as far as theGH nutes go u want 2 start off slow (seedlings) but if ur plants r established u can run full strength ur plants will tell u if its too much (leaf tip curlin downwards)

and i pH i res @least twice a day w light on
rockwool will wick moisture but it dries out fast so i would bury them

wats ur humidity?? 60% in veg and 40%in flower i go as low as possible in last few weeks it really "frosts" thing up :)

as far as theGH nutes go u want 2 start off slow (seedlings) but if ur plants r established u can run full strength ur plants will tell u if its too much (leaf tip curlin downwards)

and i pH i res @least twice a day w light on
rockwool will wick moisture but it dries out fast so i would bury them

wats ur humidity?? 60% in veg and 40%in flower i go as low as possible in last few weeks it really "frosts" thing up :)

First off, thank you so much for relying! Well I think I have have slowed 20 of them with too much mutes but as of today thy are nearly all fully recovered, the other 60 are looking fucking great!
Humidity is between 50-70, so burry all the plants is best so they stay moist all day then?

Roger that!! Rockwool is awesome at never bein overwatered but it dries out fast...I start my seeds/clones in a starter cube w the plastic removed and a thin layer of perlite hydroton in the bottom of the tray...I feel it causes "air prunin" cuz my plugs r always full of roots b4 I transplant not just 1 taproot out the bottom

Welcome to 420!

For optimal nute intake have your ph at 5.8 for hydro. Did you ph balance the rockwool before adding in the seeds? Good to know they are recovering. As IAfiend mentioned start off with less nutes and work up to full strength once they are in the 4-5th nodes. If you see nute burn flush and reduced the amount. Nute burn will happen in a few hours after they feed.

Bury the rockwool deep down, a bit lower until the top layer of our medium is 1/2 from the two first leaf. This will act as an anchor for the plants and also allow more roots to shoot from the stem, which in turn can take up more nutes for faster growth.

Welcome to 420!

For optimal nute intake have your ph at 5.8 for hydro. Did you ph balance the rockwool before adding in the seeds? Good to know they are recovering. As IAfiend mentioned start off with less nutes and work up to full strength once they are in the 4-5th nodes. If you see nute burn flush and reduced the amount. Nute burn will happen in a few hours after they feed.

Bury the rockwool deep down, a bit lower until the top layer of our medium is 1/2 from the two first leaf. This will act as an anchor for the plants and also allow more roots to shoot from the stem, which in turn can take up more nutes for faster growth.

Thanks bro! And I had my ph right at 5.9-6.0 for a few days and that's when my plants looked crazy good all around, how do u balance the ph in the rockwool first? I just tossed them in :/!
Yesterday my fucking friend who feeds them for me(all he does is hit the timer ) he doesn't play with nutes or ph, Thats all me, then for some dumb fucking reason he got it in his mind to check the ph, it was 6.1 so he pour some acid in and then called me and asked how much I usually use(1.5cc at a time till I see a change) he told me "uhhh bro... I kinda poured like half in there cause I thought that's what u did" then he fed them.... And then I came over and nearly all of them looked sad and lost all of there perk!.... So I checked the ph and it was 4.3.... I wanted to drowned him in the acid he fed my children!!

This my friend is y I grow alone!! I can only blame my own stoned ass :p

And yes I would def drown ur friend in the res...wonder the N-P-K values of decomposing stoner is....? Hahahahahahaha

Thanks bro! And I had my ph right at 5.9-6.0 for a few days and that's when my plants looked crazy good all around, how do u balance the ph in the rockwool first? I just tossed them in :/!

Here's some info on preparing your rockwool for seeds/clones. Excerpt taken from else where.

"Rockwool has a high pH which means you have to adjust your nutrient solution low so that the root zone is neutral. Rockwool is also susceptible to pH shifts meaning more routine maintenance to keep the pH levels correct."

Getting Started with Rockwool

1) Adjust the pH of water to 5.5. (NO LOWER).

2) Mix in a little bit of plant food (no more than ¼ strength). Then just dip the starter in this pH 5.5 mix and it's ready for the seed or cutting.

3) Soak in plain water (pH 5.5) for 1/2 an hour (longer if soaking granulate).

DO NOT SQUEEZE the cubes or blocks. They are designed for the perfect air/water ratio. When you squeeze the product you may ruin the good structure.

Yesterday my fucking friend who feeds them for me(all he does is hit the timer ) he doesn't play with nutes or ph, Thats all me, then for some dumb fucking reason he got it in his mind to check the ph, it was 6.1 so he pour some acid in and then called me and asked how much I usually use(1.5cc at a time till I see a change) he told me "uhhh bro... I kinda poured like half in there cause I thought that's what u did" then he fed them.... And then I came over and nearly all of them looked sad and lost all of there perk!.... So I checked the ph and it was 4.3.... I wanted to drowned him in the acid he fed my children!!

That's funny, heh. The bright side is that these are still young instead of flowering plants or a mother plant then it would been very upsetting. Nevertheless I know how you feel having plants dying on you at any growth stage. Yes, that's too much acid. A few drops at a time until a desired ph is reached is how we're suppose to add them in. Unless you've been doing it for awhile and know exactly how much to start then can adjust from there without doing single drops, check ph, add a drop, check the ph, etc. Try not to co-op with anyone unless they've done a few grows. Better yet, grow without anyone knowing is best IMHO, leaving out the potential cause of your operation being closed down from loose lips.

What you want to do is flush them out ph water and then feed them with 1/4 strength nute with ph 5.8. They will experience a bit of stress but should be good in few days.

Here's some info on preparing your rockwool for seeds/clones. Excerpt taken from else where.

"Rockwool has a high pH which means you have to adjust your nutrient solution low so that the root zone is neutral. Rockwool is also susceptible to pH shifts meaning more routine maintenance to keep the pH levels correct."

Getting Started with Rockwool

1) Adjust the pH of water to 5.5. (NO LOWER).

2) Mix in a little bit of plant food (no more than ¼ strength). Then just dip the starter in this pH 5.5 mix and it's ready for the seed or cutting.

3) Soak in plain water (pH 5.5) for 1/2 an hour (longer if soaking granulate).

DO NOT SQUEEZE the cubes or blocks. They are designed for the perfect air/water ratio. When you squeeze the product you may ruin the good structure.

That's funny, heh. The bright side is that these are still young instead of flowering plants or a mother plant then it would been very upsetting. Nevertheless I know how you feel having plants dying on you at any growth stage. Yes, that's too much acid. A few drops at a time until a desired ph is reached is how we're suppose to add them in. Unless you've been doing it for awhile and know exactly how much to start then can adjust from there without doing single drops, check ph, add a drop, check the ph, etc. Try not to co-op with anyone unless they've done a few grows. Better yet, grow without anyone knowing is best IMHO, leaving out the potential cause of your operation being closed down from loose lips.

What you want to do is flush them out ph water and then feed them with 1/4 strength nute with ph 5.8. They will experience a bit of stress but should be good in few days.

Thank you brutha, I did that with my seeds today and we will see how they turned out, I must have some kind of problem bug wise I just seen a first small sign of spider mites today, I sprayed them immediately for it very liberally, so hopefully that will no longer be an issue, by I causght it so early I have a good feeling it's not an issue at all,

I was notching all my indicas are the fasest growers, like absolutely crazy fast, all of my plants are about 1' 4" tall, and they are only 2 weeks old in the hyrdo, i have already toped them, how large should I allow them to get if they keep growing at this rate before I flower them?

This my friend is y I grow alone!! I can only blame my own stoned ass :p

And yes I would def drown ur friend in the res...wonder the N-P-K values of decomposing stoner is....? Hahahahahahaha

It's probably rather nutrient rich :) hahaha
"o hey bro could u check whats at the bottom of the resiviour?"
"o ok bro"
.... Bubbles and thrashing....
A few thud sounds... And then a gentle scilence.. Hahaa

For indica they can grow fast due to short flowering time. It depends how long you want to veg them for. The longer you veg the more buds it will produce during bloom. If you want to cut down the cycle time from veg to flowering, then veg the plant for 1 month, and flower for 2. Some indica finishes under 45 - 60 days. Remember to calculate 2x the growth it will have during bloom. So if you veg them for 1 month and it reaches 2 foot, it can get up to 4ft during bloom.

For indica they can grow fast due to short flowering time. It depends how long you want to veg them for. The longer you veg the more buds it will produce during bloom. If you want to cut down the cycle time from veg to flowering, then veg the plant for 1 month, and flower for 2. Some indica finishes under 45 - 60 days. Remember to calculate 2x the growth it will have during bloom. So if you veg them for 1 month and it reaches 2 foot, it can get up to 4ft during bloom.

Holy cock, I think I need to start flowering god damn sOon then, cause there is no way I'll have enough room for that many 4ft plants haha
Thanks for the help bro

Unless you LST (Less stress training) or have them in a scrog so they can bush out and by the time you flip to 12/12 it should provide even tops. Another good way to cut back on height while letting it grow a bit longer for higher yield. If you are letting it grow normally then yes, flip it soon. Post some pics!

Unless you LST (Less stress training) or have them in a scrog so they can bush out and by the time you flip to 12/12 it should provide even tops. Another good way to cut back on height while letting it grow a bit longer for higher yield. If you are letting it grow normally then yes, flip it soon. Post some pics!

Which LST would be best to accrue level growing ?

Its not exactually Low Stress Training but I personally prefer supercropping... No strings no twist ties no nets no weavin and unweavin @ harvest...some say tha even speakin the word "supercrop" sends shivers down her stalks but I've had nothin but good things...BUT I avoid it past 2week of flower...I'm tryin 2 build a monster this cycle by SC in veg...thinkin 60+day veg :)

Its not exactually Low Stress Training but I personally prefer supercropping... No strings no twist ties no nets no weavin and unweavin @ harvest...some say tha even speakin the word "supercrop" sends shivers down her stalks but I've had nothin but good things...BUT I avoid it past 2week of flower...I'm tryin 2 build a monster this cycle by SC in veg...thinkin 60+day veg :)

Ok so just move the leaves around and move it a bit basically from what I read?

Which LST would be best to accrue level growing ?

LST will take additional month to fully grow out and strengthen the side branches. It is similar to supercropping by tidying down the main branches to horizontal format and allow the hormone to distribute along which allow the side branch to grow into main cola. I usually top/fim the side branch to allow 2 additional branches to grow increasing the bud sites for later in bloom. Once the side branch grew out 3-4inches long you will tide those down and repeat the process. This method takes time for each branch.

Another way is put a screen over the plant and let it grow through it. Once it grew above the screen you will take the branch down in horizontal format and allow the side branch to grow through the screen. Repeat the process until the screen is filled up then flip the switch. Search LST and Scrog you can see the results. These two methods can help maximize your bud sites instead of having 1 or 2 (if topped) big cola.

Back
Top Bottom