If you have a "dial a watt ballast" please read

reparboon

i have just recently found out from trial and error that if you use one of these ballast that you MUST BURN YOUR NEW BULB IN ON THE HIGHEST SETTING FIRST for 24 hours before trying to use your bulb on any other setting. this is specifically (in my case) with the lumatex 1000 w digital ballast and the 600 digi. so heres what happened... after using the 600 on the 400 setting for 2 months and then putting it on the 600 setting for 2 days the bulb went.. went to the store got a replacement for the bulb (for free). so i was like ok it was just a bad bulb so i turned my other 600 up to 600 from the 400 it was sitting at for 2 weeks and BAM 1 day later the bulb went.. (so many explicit words i cant post).. i said this cant happen with the 1000 watter can it?? so boom from 750 to 1000 and 2 hours later.. yep bulb is out!! .. so after going to get 4 new bulbs i ran a test and when i let the bulbs burn in for 24 hours on super lumens +20% and then dialing it in where i want it whether it be 400 750 1000 600 none of the bulbs blew.. these were digilux bulbs which are not the best but their not cheap either. luckily the owner of the shop was nice enough to replace all of the bulbs at no charge(i spend alot of money). hope this helps out and please post if you have had this happen to you as well. peace love and passing the binger

Back
Top Bottom