im a newbie with lots of questions

drama420

i just inherited a ton of grow supplies and a gutted rv . my plan is to eventully have the rv set up as a two room grow . i just dont know were to start . untill i get more money to get the rv started i want to start a small closet grow . some of the things i got passed down from me :

2 sun system new wave t5 4 bulb lights
3 slimstar t5 4 bulb lights
3 sunblaze 48 8 bulb lights
2 yeildmaster reflectors with 400w bulbs
1 lumatek digital lighting ballast 46 inch vertizontal reflector
5 125 w cfls with reflectors
1 8 pot water farm unit
2 6 pot hydroponic complete setups
1 36 pot germination hydroponic setup and tons of other little stuff
hundreds of mixed and labeled seeds

so im a little overwhelmed.

the closet is big enough to set up both hydro systems side by side long ways . about 4 fool long and 3 feet deep with about 6 feet top to bottom . is it ok to use one or two of the t5s listed above . and will one cover it ? can i put one up and down beside the plants? being new to all this i wander if its worth buying auto flowering feminized seeds or try to germinate some of the seeds i have ? i know from reading the 400w bulbs are the way to go for better punch and yield . i also have a box of agromax bllom spectrum and grow spectrum t5 bulbs that i suppose need to be swapped around at some point .

please dont be discouraged by my ignorance i am hear to make friends listen and learn:thumb:

To tell you the truth for you being a new grower start small my friend and learn from mistakes before you Just in to deep and lose to much hard work. You have a killer set up. T5 are good for your veg stage and your 400 watt would be best for flower. Now it sounds to me like you are wanted to keep growing for a long time and have two rooms set up. I would say learning about growing a mother to make clones off of would be very smart for you to do. It will say you time and money big time. If you do the seed's you have or any seeds I would learn how to clone and sex them asap. I do not care if the say feminized it is always best to clone off of it and sex it to make sure before you wast the time and money vegging it out to find out 2-3 months down the road its a boy. Now seeds are best to make mothers. If done right with good skill you can get up to two years out of a mother. Now I am a huge R.D.W.C grower but I have learned that using soil for long term plants is way better and easier to do.Clone them and throw into D.W.C or hydro or witch ever way you want to grow. All your pot set ups are awesome but with never done a hydro grow I would say get a cheap 5 gallon bucket and do one grow with it to learn pH water right. PPM and nutes. On and on with that. So many people just think they can throw a pant in water and it will grow. Ya right. You are one of the smart ones that come out to learn and I hope listen to some of use old time growers. Sorry for all the words but I saw your kick ass system and really do not want to read that you jumped in way over your head. I will help with anything you need just post up on my R.D.W.C link and I will do what I can

thanks for the reply .. yea ive got allot of mixed supplies . i have a little experience with the ph in hydroponics but not near enough. what im trying at achieve right now is gettin plants going with what i have now untill the rv is ready. im focused on all the wiring right now cause all that has to be perfect . on the hydroponics your right i have no idea were to start with the nutrients lol.. maybe i can post a pic of what i have and u can help explain if u dont mind . i dont learn real well from books so im definitely a hands on learner . i do want to have a mother plant that i can make clones from and save myself time and labor .ive been watching videos all week and everyone has there own way of doing things .so i decided to come here and get the real info i need to learn and be able to teach others later . man it must be nice to live in co. ive been wanting to make a trip up there to enjoy a weekend of sampling goods ....

Back
Top Bottom