I'm going to save my baby

AthenasBaby

first off, I'd like to thank the people who replied to my first not-very-well-put-together post. I admit I should have read more of it before I said anything, but I just cant give up on her(?) someone told me to start all over, but I've decided that I want to make her a mother and clone her if I can.

:cheer:

This is what I started out with, when I wasn't even sure she would sprout.
She came from a bag of "Grape Ape"

I planted the seed in:
1 quart terra cotta pot filled with miracle gro seed starter
Inside at night but by the window, and outside for 5-6 hours of direct sun
Rain water only for those first three weeks about once every 4th day or so
Then, she stopped looking like a tomato plant and started to take on odour :D
Inside permanently she came

We bought a walmart flouro tube 20wt and an incandescent to try to cover as much of the light spectrum as I can until I can get my LED lights set up.
I just flushed with two gals of tap water left out over the weekend to be safe. I found one of my red trout worms, dunno what happen to the other 3.
I replanted her in a 5 gal self watering pot. if nothing else, I can water from the top like normal and I can get good drainage.
The pot is filled with gardening soil with a 15.% nitrate content.
I got some flower-tone plant food because I just wanna find out if she's female and then clone like crazy. THOSE will have a better setup. I also am blowing a slight breeze from a fan on her to help her get strong.

Now to the problem: red leaf stems! Is this normal? the edges of her leaves arent yellow but she does have some necrotic spots on her leaves. Here are some pictures I hope someone tells me good luck instead of the trash her.
whole plant
2ft1.JPG

RED STEM
redstem1.JPG

some weird yellow leafing
necroleaf.JPG

My necrotic leaf
necroleaf2.JPG

I hope that I can do things better and get her healthy and bushy!
Thanks everyone :)
Athenas baby

looks good so far. the plant is old enough to start nutes. something good like fox farm grow big, or pura vida organics grow. the reason the leaf is yellowing is it is looking for more nitrogen. the rain water your using should still get ph checked because acid rain is fairly common. the red stem could just be genetic, or again it could be looking for some nutes. grab a water soluble nute for vegatative growth and make sure it has all the smaller less used nutrients, like magnesium, calcium, etc. not just the n-p-k nutes.
oh also bro, a really suck ass hard lesson i learned my first grow was never ever bring outside plants into your grow unless youve completely accounted for a possible invasion. spidermites and all sorts of nasty fuckers come from outside...just a thought. you dont want 3 months of work to get fucked because one plant was outside a couple weeks. good luck bro

Thanks everyone, I was worried I'd done some really bad damage. Here is something I picked up, a Rapitest soil tester!! It tests four ways, light, moisture, fertility and PH. As it turns out, the soil PH was right around 6.5 and missing some nutrients. Here is a pic of the yummy stuff I bought her. I picked it because it had a a bunch of the other nutrients besides the big three. I'm feeding today so we'll see if she perks up.

IMG_075810.JPG

Also, I looked up some information on preflower sexing, and all signs point to beautiful baby girl!!

yeah when i first started growing i used to stress sooo bad on the sex issue. now i realize that every plant will show deffinite sex within a month from seed. you just have to wait, because when the hairs come there is no mistaking a male for a female or vise versa.
id really like to watch this strain grow, do you plan on posting as it keeps growing?

its real easy to want to buy all sorts of crap you dont even need. this is just from experiance. but then again im add hard core. every grow i try to add 1 new thing, when it comes to nutes, basically you need to learn what the nute you have there can do , before adding more stuff because i started adding all sorts of nutes and stuff then had no idea what worked and what didnt.
all you need to get beutiful buds your first grow is have a good veg nute and a good flower nute. then you start adding other stuff. good luck

Hey man your on the right path! Good start glad your getting things going! :slide: I highly recommend you getting a pH Test Kit for your water and nutrients when mixed. Do a test and find out whether you need to get pH up or down, I recommend have both on hand though anyways. :roorrip: And most likely if it's indoor bagseed it's probable it's feminised from a plant in somebody's garden hermaphroditing. Which means you will have a bud producing female. :blunt: Most people don't keep males around. Red leaf stems are normal it's mainly because of genetics, it doesn't hurt to add extra Cal/Mag in my experience though.

zhummingsig.jpg

Oh the question now is I guess i can clone her any time right? Well, after she gets healthier... Since I don't have any branches, can I 'top' her and hope that takes? I'm not doing anything until she perks up a little.

Oh yeah, a couple of days ago, I bought my girl a "friend"; an Aloe Vera plant. I know its silly but I think they (in separate pots) will keep each other company. I sprayed it down with a really gentle soap and water combo then rinsed and repotted the aloe before putting it anywhere near my young one.
what do you guys think about keeping other plants near yours? yes no, reasons?

Athena

Oh the question now is I guess i can clone her any time right? Well, after she gets healthier... Since I don't have any branches, can I 'top' her and hope that takes? I'm not doing anything until she perks up a little.

Oh yeah, a couple of days ago, I bought my girl a "friend"; an Aloe Vera plant. I know its silly but I think they (in separate pots) will keep each other company. I sprayed it down with a really gentle soap and water combo then rinsed and repotted the aloe before putting it anywhere near my young one.
what do you guys think about keeping other plants near yours? yes no, reasons?

Athena

Yup clone her anytime, good idea to let it build some strength first still. The top will do fine, and it will just create 2 tops instead of your regular one, keep doing that and you have a bush. As far as the Aloe Vera plant, as long as it doesn't bring in other pests it's fine, just remember it's competing with it for resources, one of them eventually has to come first. :popcorn:

d787b842.jpg

Here's what she looks like today. I'm gonna keep posting pics when I clone and when they bud. I don't think I'm ever going to flower mommy here, that's what kids are for!
I'm fairly confident that it's an indica strain with a sativa parent somewhere, those thin leaves look so thin and decorative :) this is why I decided to grow. In the beginning, I just wanted a houseplant. A bonsai bud, if you will. But I knew when she got distressed I owed her more than that. She's in good hands :)

Athena

I'm so excited! She's starting to branch and those top leaves look so...adult lol. I didn't think that watching something grow would be so entertaining but she keeps changing and growing and reaching, I'm glad I decided to grow mj and not a child!!

Athena

I'm so excited! She's starting to branch and those top leaves look so...adult lol. I didn't think that watching something grow would be so entertaining but she keeps changing and growing and reaching, I'm glad I decided to grow mj and not a child!!

Athena

They're both pretty awesome.

Except weed gets you high and kids get you broke.

That's all I meant, it's really hard to grow both at the same time. This plant will always be growing and changing. Can you flower and harvest the same plants over and over or do you have to kill them when you harvest? I don't want to have to dispose of them :(

That's all I meant, it's really hard to grow both at the same time. This plant will always be growing and changing. Can you flower and harvest the same plants over and over or do you have to kill them when you harvest? I don't want to have to dispose of them :(

Yes, you do. But it's part of their natural life cycle. You have to thank the powers that be for the bountiful harvest, and smoke that beauty.

Technically, you could reveg a plant multiple times, but it would end up looking pretty f'd up. Plus, that would be cruel.:tokin:

Ohhhhhhh, sad face. But, you're right, just be thankful for what we do get to harvest and mulch up the rest for the new babies. You can save the leaves for hash I think, but that takes a Lot of leaves. Anyone here know of the leaf shape is indicative of strain? Anyone could take some good bud and call it Grape Ape, and I looked it up, but I couldn't find any real information. I think I still have a pic of the actual bag...

Athena

Ohhhhhhh, sad face. But, you're right, just be thankful for what we do get to harvest and mulch up the rest for the new babies. You can save the leaves for hash I think, but that takes a Lot of leaves. Anyone here know of the leaf shape is indicative of strain? Anyone could take some good bud and call it Grape Ape, and I looked it up, but I couldn't find any real information. I think I still have a pic of the actual bag...

Athena

Kind of indicates strain, it can be one of many traits you see in a plant to identify them, your plant is not a pure kush, nor pure haze, it's a hybrid that I can say judging by the leafs..... Don't be one of those people putting a bad or wrong reputation on certain strains, street dealers confuse people enough as it is. You don't even know the stuff I've seen called "OG Kush" and "Trainwreck". By calling your ganj something it's not, doesn't make people happy. Not ragging here, just saying. Keep her going! But I know if somebody said a bud was ATF (example) and made me smoke it blindfolded, I can tell if it's the real deal as a grower. Label it Emerald Skunk or something! Start your own cuts! :thumb: But if your really wanna slam a name on something...... well OG Kush, just because the actual cali cut is Hybrid/Sativa and actual kush is pure Indica. Theres a wide range of stuff that can be named OG Kush lol. But there is only 1...

zhummingsig.jpg

And I came across it in a strange way. Let's just say the stuff came mailed in bags from Colorado with the names of the stuff printed on the bag. I got some blue dream and Maui wowie and grape ape. I also got some called jah kush. I gotta say, I trust it when the name comes on the bag lol. I'm pretty sure this stuff is getting sold legally at some dispensary. I bounced up and down screaming "I'm smoking legally grown bud!" when I got it :) I have a problem with my camera or I would have posted these awesome bud pics, but, here's a pic of some of the other stuff I got.

Back
Top Bottom