I'm new to growing can someone, look at my plant and tell me if it's fine and healthy?

JayDay420

420 Member
I recently just started growing my first plant, sadly I do not know the strain as it was a seed I got from some bud. I planted it 5 weeks ago and am doing an outdoor grow. I think it's a female based off of videos I have seen and pictures but would like a more experienced growers opinion on it. I started my plant off in a solo cup and transplanted it to a 5 gal bucket a week and a half ago and since it's been transplanted it has really taken off. I ordered some nutrients off of Amazon and have yet to start giving it addition nutrients besides whats in the soil. General Hydroponics GH5122 BioThrive Grow
818IA41sZLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Would it be a good time to start giving it addition nutrients to help bulk it up?

Attachments

• IMG_6313 (1).JPG
    IMG_6313 (1).JPG
    860.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6314 (1).JPG
    IMG_6314 (1).JPG
    286 KB · Views: 56
You won’t be able to tell the sex until it starts to flower. Which won’t start until the days get shorter than 14 hours since you’re growing outdoors. Those nutes you have will be good while it is in the vegetative state. I would imagine that the nutrient line will have a set of nutes for veg and flower. You may want to look into that. Also being that your outdoors your plant may out grow that 5 gallon bucket. Something else you may want to look into. I don’t grow outdoors but I usually see outdoor growers in like 10 or 12 gallon pots. No light better than the sun. Here is a link for proper watering techniques also just for your knowledge since this is your first grow. Better to adopt good watering habits early.

Thank you all for your advice. Yes that was the only nutrients I ordered right now because I was not for sure which brands were the best to use and which to stay away from. The five gal bucket is the biggest bucket I currently have but If i start giving it nutrients will it out grow its current bucket? Im a bit worried about having it be to large since Im growing it outside my house and could run into some legal issues. I've thought about toping it but a bit scared id harm the plant since I don't really know what I'm doing since its my first grow. And was going to start low stress training when it got a little bit bigger

Thank you all for your advice. Yes that was the only nutrients I ordered right now because I was not for sure which brands were the best to use and which to stay away from. The five gal bucket is the biggest bucket I currently have but If i start giving it nutrients will it out grow its current bucket? Im a bit worried about having it be to large since Im growing it outside my house and could run into some legal issues. I've thought about toping it but a bit scared id harm the plant since I don't really know what I'm doing since its my first grow. And was going to start low stress training when it got a little bit bigger
I would LST earlier than later If you are going to. Just me gentle. It is more difficult the thicker the stem gets.

What do you think would be a good material to use to LST?

Here‘s a great thread on LST. Lots of good info. Read it carefully and you should be GTG.

Make sure there are holes in the bottom of the bucket or your roots will rot and your plant will suffocate.

Youre looking in the right spot for sexing but yours has no preflowers.
Pictured are fan leaf stem, secondary branch and the stipule. The stipule is on every node of ever cannabis plant. Its between the stipule and secondary branch that preflowers form. They can show sex any time after reaching sexual maturity. A mark of sexual maturity is internodal spaces start to alternate.

2fem and Zorax

Attachments

• 20200610_024006.jpg
    20200610_024006.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200609_201607.jpg
    20200609_201607.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200609_202242.jpg
    20200609_202242.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 18
Back